Spyder Garage

Default Phone use through the headset

I have a 2016 RTS and I have it loaded. I have installed the entertainment cable in my bike but cant seem to get the phone to operate through the headset. I have the zumo and a cb unit as well. I do not know what to pair us to on my phone. It will pair to the zumo but I have a hard time hearing the phone while riding. This leads me to believe I am not connecting to the phone system.

What should I look for on the phone to pair up to? How can I get this system to work? There is very little written about this system so I have no guide to go by. The dealer has been of little help. Any suggestions?
    2016 RTS , GPS, entertainment cable. Outlets in trunk and trunk. White

Spyder Garage

More info needed.

So you have the BRP CB not aftermarket? I assume you have the BRP CB as you say you added the entertainment harness.
    Thus you have wired headsets?
    There are 2 ways to hook your phone to the Spyder with that setup.
    You pair it to the GPS. There is no way to pair it to the Spyder since with CB you cannot have the Bluetooth Dongle.
    Have you paired it to the GPS and made sure the GPS volume is turned up? Many that complain of low phone volume is because the GPS volume is turned way down (not the Spyder volume).

The other way to connect a phone with your setup is the Phone integration cable. This is what most people with the wired headset setup do.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by finless View Post
    More info needed.

So you have the BRP CB not aftermarket? I assume you have the BRP CB as you say you added the entertainment harness.
    You pair it to the GPS. There is no way to pair it to the Spyder since with CB you cannot have the Bluetooth Dongle.
    Have you paired it to the GPS and made sure the GPS volume is turned up? Many that complain of low phone volume is because the GPS volume is turned way down (not the Spyder volume).

The other way to connect a phone with your setup is the Phone integration cable. This is what most people with the wired headset setup do.

Bob
    Welcome back, Bob.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    Welcome back, Bob.
    Oh I come by every week... I just don't post a lot unless I see someone not get a answer. Lots giving good answers here

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by finless View Post
    More info needed.

Bob
    Thanks, Bob. Everything on the bike is BRP so I do have the two wired headsets. I believe I have the GPS volume up all the way and I do have the phone paired to the GPS unit. This way I can't hear well through the headset. You mention a phone integration cable. What is that? This is the first I have heard of it. Is this an additional cable I need? I was hoping the bike itself would pair with the phone instead of going through the GPS unit.
    2016 RTS , GPS, entertainment cable. Outlets in trunk and trunk. White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Claimbo View Post
    Thanks, Bob. Everything on the bike is BRP so I do have the two wired headsets. I believe I have the GPS volume up all the way and I do have the phone paired to the GPS unit. This way I can't hear well through the headset. You mention a phone integration cable. What is that? This is the first I have heard of it. Is this an additional cable I need? I was hoping the bike itself would pair with the phone instead of going through the GPS unit.
    This is the cable!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-OEM-Can...sAAOSw2XJblrRA

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black

Spyder Garage

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red