Spyder Garage

Default 622 and Freedom trailers

Hey Guys, whats the differences between the Freedom and the 622 trailers, I have a chance to purchase a 2017 brand new Freedom trailer for $2500 . is the suspension the same ?
    2014 RTL , Black Currant

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by easysuper View Post
    Hey Guys, whats the differences between the Freedom and the 622 trailers, I have a chance to purchase a 2017 brand new Freedom trailer for $2500 . is the suspension the same ?
    Good question. I've been wondering what accounts for the $1500 difference between them.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

I believe the selling points between the two were the 622 had more storage space, and easier access. There were water issues--but a fix it kit took care of that.

Most people seem to prefer the 622 if they can get one instead of the Freedom.

Now...used 622's should be comparable or less to the pricing on the Freedom. Most people do not use trailers extensively...so there must be some nice used 622 units available...if you can find them.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

My understanding is that the Freedom is smaller, and only has one door. The 622 has a front and back door. The 622 though has held its price as they are harder to come by and Larger!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

I just purchased a 2015 Freedom that still had the dimples on the tires for $2,000.00 just 100 miles from the house. The closest 622 was 2,000 miles away. I believe the Freedom is more of a price point base model compared to the 622. Although I would have liked a 622 that matched my bike, I'm gonna have some wraps put on it and still be cheaper than the 622 that was $3200.00! The suspension is good and it pulls great and has plenty of space. My Freedom was bare inside where I believe the 622 is carpeted. No big deal, you can buy a liner from Can-Am for $200+ or go to Home Depot and buy a $20.00 3x5 entry rug and custom fit it with a utility knife and some Velcro. Works great for me.
    Last edited by RidinOn3; 11-07-2018 at 06:42 PM.

Spyder Garage

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Double check that I am accurate, Freedom Trailer has a molded plastic bodywork, whereas the 622 is fibreglass. Freedom Trailer has sealed ball bearings that are basically not serviceable, just replaced, whereas the RT622 uses tapered roller bearings that can be cleaned and greased.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PMK View Post
    Double check that I am accurate, Freedom Trailer has a molded plastic bodywork, whereas the 622 is fibreglass. Freedom Trailer has sealed ball bearings that are basically not serviceable, just replaced, whereas the RT622 uses tapered roller bearings that can be cleaned and greased.
    I can't speak to the wheel bearings, but I can attest that the RT-622 is made of fiberglass. I just bought one and had to tear into it to replace the lock tumbler and this is what I saw;

RT-622 fiberglass floor.jpg
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PMK View Post
    I can't speak to the wheel bearings, but I can attest that the RT-622 is made of fiberglass. I just bought one and had to tear into it to replace the lock tumbler and this is what I saw;

RT-622 fiberglass floor.jpg The side panels are also fiberglass, not just the floor.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

I just did New hubs and bearings on Ann’s 622. Added new Bearing Buddies. Not sure why they use old school bearings, as sealed bearings are far superior. Messy, but good for another 5000 miles or so. We also change the tires annually, as 30-35 thousand miles is about the limit. Good trailer, has 200K on it!
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by easysuper View Post
    This is from our local Spyder Ryders chapter. If you're interested let me know and I'll get the contact info for you. This is in the Boise area.

Club member Jim **** ask that I let everyone know he would like to sell his 2016 Can Am Freedom trailer !! Used 3 times !!! Mat on inside floor, tongue stand, bumbskid to protect the back, storage cover !! $2000.

If you are interested call him, or let me know so I can get you together with him.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

As stated, 622 cargo is bigger and has two doors where freedom has one door and smaller cargo space. The other different is the tail lights on 622 matches the tail lights on the RT, freedom tail lights doesn't match RT tail lights.

Spyder Garage

I could not find a 622 anywhere near us. So bought a NOS Freedom trailer. Last year we pulled it about 9000 kms with no issues other than the exhaust problem we have. But the trailer is/was an excellent purchase. It may be smaller than the 622, but there is lots of room inside, we had everything we needed, as well as hauled a friends suitcase on a 18 day trip.
    Now for those that don't know, the exhaust problem started happening when we did two things. One, we added a 7jurock 27" tall/flip windshield, and we added the trailer. I removed the windshield and that wasn't the problem. (I should say the problem is that my wife who rides as passenger is getting the exhaust fumes badly) Also, when we ride with the trailer empty, it doesn't seem to be a problem. But when the trailer is full, I am only guessing here, there is more gas being used to haul the weight, and the exhaust gets back drafted over the trunk and gets my wife. I have found a few other people that have experienced this as well. We have tried removing the side air wings and few other things, some help, but no fixes.

The season ended last year without finding a solution. (-16c outside today) I was not trying to hijack your thread, simply to state that I love the trailer, it trailers very well, and you forget it there, has a great storage capacity, but, for us there is an issue that I need to fix. Also, there is a good 2 part vid from a guy in Arizona on how to make the upright stand to store the freedom trailer. i made one, and because of my limited ceiling height where I store it I also removed the tongue, which came off very easy once upright.

Ray

(Edit ) P.S. the other thing is that the spare lock tumbler (if you got one for a trailer as I did) does not work on the freedom trailer

2017 RT-S

Bump Skid - Spyderpops
    Wrap - Wrapmyspyder
    swaybar - Bajaron
    Sena 20D & SM10
    3 PC Mesh Zippered Lid Net Set - TricLED
    A arm LED's - Safety LED's - TricLED
    Mirror Sequential turn signals
    Glo-riders
    LED rear turn signals and reverse lights
    Front Grills
    Third Brake light
    Larson Scanner
    Light Up - Sue Hopper

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bcer960 View Post
    I could not find a 622 anywhere near us. So bought a NOS Freedom trailer. Last year we pulled it about 9000 kms with no issues other than the exhaust problem we have. But the trailer is/was an excellent purchase. It may be smaller than the 622, but there is lots of room inside, we had everything we needed, as well as hauled a friends suitcase on a 18 day trip.
    Now for those that don't know, the exhaust problem started happening when we did two things. One, we added a 7jurock 27" tall/flip windshield, and we added the trailer. I removed the windshield and that wasn't the problem. (I should say the problem is that my wife who rides as passenger is getting the exhaust fumes badly) Also, when we ride with the trailer empty, it doesn't seem to be a problem. But when the trailer is full, I am only guessing here, there is more gas being used to haul the weight, and the exhaust gets back drafted over the trunk and gets my wife. I have found a few other people that have experienced this as well. We have tried removing the side air wings and few other things, some help, but no fixes.

The season ended last year without finding a solution. (-16c outside today) I was not trying to hijack your thread, simply to state that I love the trailer, it trailers very well, and you forget it there, has a great storage capacity, but, for us there is an issue that I need to fix. Also, there is a good 2 part vid from a guy in Arizona on how to make the upright stand to store the freedom trailer. i made one, and because of my limited ceiling height where I store it I also removed the tongue, which came off very easy once upright.

Ray

(Edit ) P.S. the other thing is that the spare lock tumbler (if you got one for a trailer as I did) does not work on the freedom trailer
    We pull trailers about half the time when we ride and have never had an exhaust problem but our trailers are not CanAm trailers, one is a dog trailer, one is a Aspen tent trailer and one is a cargo trailer, we both ride RTlimiteds . I wonder if anyone else out there has an exhaust issue?
    2014 RTL , Black Currant