Spyder Garage

Default Plano TX Headquarters

I remember about a year ago BRP announcing the opening of their new North American Headquarters in Plano, TX. Has this resulted in parts coming from Texas or are we still at the mercy of waiting for parts to clear customs from Canada? Just curious.....
    Seems the local dealers still have the same delay getting stuff. At least that's what they say.
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

Well here is the "skinny". Can am parts do not come from Canada. Each Dealer or franchise store certain parts and when a part is ordered it is from another dealer somewhere in Country. Certain parts are available from certain dealers and not all parts are stocked at any location. There is no one big parts warehouse anywhere in the country and each dealer has to do a search of other dealers to obtain any specific part. Ride Now Sports (40+ dealerships) told me this along with BRP North America.

Makes no sense to me but I'm not French.

Jack

All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

Holey Moley Jack. That makes no sense even to French (I am speculating) if they want any kind of reasonable distribution system.
    Last edited by canamjhb; 11-06-2018 at 12:40 AM.
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

Default Gotta say...

If it is as Jack said ... they should cut a deal with cheapcycleparts.com they have all OEM parts in one place....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default it was ....

I think you are right , it was about 1 year ago , the announcement of the B-R-P Plano Texas location , was hoping for a type of set -up that would entice me too sell my house and move back too texas ! but I think it was stated that this was to be just management type situation , ( 1 cubical stacked on top of the next one .... can`t do that , I fall asleep too easy ) .... and the parts all over the map , sounds like some one is taken the , traning too far ... Kaizen , & lean manufacturing ...

Spyder Garage

Next time you order parts ask where they are coming from. I always ask just to verify what I've been told. Some were from CA, MN,TX and many other states. It sounds crazy to me and can not figure why they do it this way. In my feeble mind it would seem that one large distribution warehouse would be quicker and more efficient. I would imagine getting parts out of Canada could be inefficient due to many reasons.

I do know parts for my Yamaha race bike came from Yamaha North America which was in Canada. Very expensive and time consuming.

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

Default Spyder Parts

Quote Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post

Well here is the "skinny". Can am parts do not come from Canada. Each Dealer or franchise store certain parts and when a part is ordered it is from another dealer somewhere in Country. Certain parts are available from certain dealers and not all parts are stocked at any location. There is no one big parts warehouse anywhere in the country and each dealer has to do a search of other dealers to obtain any specific part. Ride Now Sports (40+ dealerships) told me this along with BRP North America.

Makes no sense to me but I'm not French.

Jack

Sorry Jack, but your answer does not make sense. "Can Am parts do not come from Canada" and "Dealers order from other Dealers". So, in that case, where does "other dealers" get the parts from to sell to other dealers? Parts must come from BRP and therefore shipped from Canada, unless BRP has factories in other countries of the world......
    BTW, I am french....
    2018 RT Limited "Blondie"

Spyder Garage

BRP does have distribution facilities in Quebec and British Columbia (East & West) to serve their dealer network. Now sometimes dealers will look at other dealers inventory to see if they could get the parts in quicker to service the customer.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by crazycanuck View Post
    BRP does have distribution facilities in Quebec and British Columbia (East & West) to serve their dealer network. Now sometimes dealers will look at other dealers inventory to see if they could get the parts in quicker to service the customer.
    That make sense. Parts comes from Canada and yes, dealers always look to other dealers for help first.
    When I bought my last car, I wanted a specific color. My dealer didn't have one but got it for me from another dealer, 300 miles away....

Spyder Garage

I can only look at this one. Getting parts from another store does happen. I got my 2014 in Yellow that way. The dealer failed to order the right color for me and I did not want the Cognac LTD. The regional manager got involved and got me the Spyder I wanted.

When there was a "shortage" of oil change kits for the RT (1330) in 2014--I ordered two of them from Pitbull in Springfield. I supplied them to my dealer as needed.

That's my .02.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default So true...

As I've seen lately, Cheap Cycle Parts are pretty close to OEM BRP parts.
    And if ordered your part will be on your doorstep in about 4-5 days.
    Now if you can install said part, that's on you.
    But that's a dealer to dealer pricing thing.
    Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    If it is as Jack said ... they should cut a deal with cheapcycleparts.com they have all OEM parts in one place....

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bigmo View Post
    Sorry Jack, but your answer does not make sense. "Can Am parts do not come from Canada" and "Dealers order from other Dealers". So, in that case, where does "other dealers" get the parts from to sell to other dealers? Parts must come from BRP and therefore shipped from Canada, unless BRP has factories in other countries of the world......
    BTW, I am french....
    Next time you take off a part verify where it was made. I agree somewhat. That it makes no sense. A lot of Can Am's products are assembled or made in Mexico I would assume as one of there main distribution Yards are in El Paso, Texas. ( about 6 miles east) El Paso is directly on the Border. I can think of no other reason for it to be there. There are thousands of crated units there ready for shipment to who knows where.

Sorry you are French- but you will just have to live with it. (Just fun'n ya a little)I am married to a French/Belgian. Next time you order a part ask your dealer where they are getting it from. You might be surprised. Have you ever tried to order anything from Canada? If the parts are made in another country and shipped to Canada then shipped to the US you would be paying twice for import tax. Perhaps that is the reason. Perhaps their system saves money on a large warehouse and numerous employees. It does seem to work. Never had to wait more than a week or two.

Jack

2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That's a week or two you're not riding, but that seems to be norm with most motorcycle shops, not unique to Spyders. Do they care, it seems not.

Spyder Garage

Default parts

I can tell you that there is a warehouse in S Beloit, Ill. that is where my frame and some other parts came from for my rebuild. But they will not allow parts pickup there.
    2014 RT SE6

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post
    Next time you take off a part verify where it was made. I agree somewhat. That it makes no sense. A lot of Can Am's products are assembled or made in Mexico I would assume as one of there main distribution Yards are in El Paso, Texas. ( about 6 miles east) El Paso is directly on the Border. I can think of no other reason for it to be there. There are thousands of crated units there ready for shipment to who knows where.

Sorry you are French- but you will just have to live with it. (Just fun'n ya a little)I am married to a French/Belgian. Next time you order a part ask your dealer where they are getting it from. You might be surprised. Have you ever tried to order anything from Canada? If the parts are made in another country and shipped to Canada then shipped to the US you would be paying twice for import tax. Perhaps that is the reason. Perhaps their system saves money on a large warehouse and numerous employees. It does seem to work. Never had to wait more than a week or two.

Jack
    Jack, I am 100% with you that parts are made in Mexico, India, Japan or anywhere else in the world. Every auto maker, including in the US, get their parts made in other countries, but you still have to order from a dealer which gets the part from the local manufacturer, not from India or Bangladesh.
    Tomorrow, I'm taking my new RT, 5 months old with 5000 miles, for a coolant leak. The dealer (200 miles away) told me it may take a week or so if parts are needed. May be coming from........ who knows where
    Anyway, glad to hear you married a French/Belgian lady. So, in conclusion, Bonne Journee et peut etre a bientot. (Your wife can translate that).

Spyder Garage

Default They should make a deal with Amazon

I can order a screw from amazon on monday, have it shipped from AZ and get it Tuesday, wed if I want free shipping.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Indiana Ken View Post
    I can order a screw from amazon on monday, have it shipped from AZ and get it Tuesday, wed if I want free shipping.
    Yes it is ridiculous that I can order from a vendor on the internet (Amazon, Value accessories, etc) and get any verity of oddball things and have them at my door in 2 or 3 days but I can't a Can Am part in anything less then a week ,or more from a Can Am dealer. I do most of my work myself so I order off the net and I can get parts from Cheap Cycle parts in the same 2 to 3 day time limit as any other internet Vendor. And it comes to my door I don't have to drive 200 miles to get it.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Amazon makes money by delighting its customers with service and reasonable prices. BRP doesn't. Maybe Amazon will start selling Spyder parts some day.....
    Semper Fi