Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bballistick View Post
    The fix is actually quite easy. I also have. F3L. All you have to do is raise th little metal clip just a bit. Take a pencil or some other similar sized object and bend it up just a little bit. It doesn’t take much. I did this when I first got my F3L and haven’t had a problem since

I was having he same issue since the day I bought my 2017 F3 Limited. I raised the clip a bit and BINGO no more open error. It was so annoying, I like looking at the trip 1 odometer and that darn orange warning was always there. I am so excited - thanks!
    Jim

Spyder Garage

A short piece of black heatshrink tubing over the pin in the lid, maybe 30mm/1.25" long. After shrinking it and it's cooled off, trim to about 1/4" past the pin.
    A quick & easy fix, end of problem.
    Andrew
    Melbourne Australia
    2016 F3L Spyder

Now, wash your hands

Spyder Garage

A small drop of silicon on the end of the plastic plunger irks too.
    2017 F3 Limited , Gloss Black with red and carbon fiber accents

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Smokes View Post
    A short piece of black heatshrink tubing over the pin in the lid, maybe 30mm/1.25" long. After shrinking it and it's cooled off, trim to about 1/4" past the pin.
    A quick & easy fix, end of problem.
    I redid mine because the earplug was wearing out. I found some heat shrink tape that came with my XK Chrome lighting kit and used that but your post was the insperation. Thanks.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

Rays hell has the correct fix. Slip something under the switch to raise it a tad. I used a pile of little squares of electrical tape I cut with a scissors - maybe 6 ply. Then slipped them under the switch and pressed down to make it stick better. With the high brake light still off, I lowered the lid to check and the switch is pushed farther, making perfect contact. Although the second photo shows the switch removed from its holder, there's no need to do so, just lift it a little and insert shimming.
    DSCN2673.jpg
    DSCN2674.jpg
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome