Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Got the wedgies out here within a week, Joe......many thanks......
    What a clever, simple fix (of course, you had to have the engineering knowhow to find the actual root cause in the first place). 5 minute instruction read, 10 minute install, and rock solid.
    As someone who has applied two “fixes”, and had them start to fail in 6 months, I can only say - get onto Joe and Ann’s wedges if you want to fix your F3 vibrating mirrors. They may be simple (the wedgies, not Joe and Ann ), but their value to me is way more than what I consider a cheap asking price.....and it’s a quick installation

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

I just got my wedgies today but I am a little confused on the instructions. Is the face that is marked top suppose to be on the top so the wide side would be top and bottom? Do you feed it from the side of the dash toward the mirror. I can't get it in even pushing fairly hard on the mirror. It slides in fairly easy the other way with the short sides top and bottom. I emailed Joe for the video but I don't want to interfere with his rally trip.

Thanks
    Bikerdave48
    2017 Spyder F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bikerdave48 View Post
    I just got my wedgies today but I am a little confused on the instructions. Is the face that is marked top suppose to be on the top so the wide side would be top and bottom? Do you feed it from the side of the dash toward the mirror. I can't get it in even pushing fairly hard on the mirror. It slides in fairly easy the other way with the short sides top and bottom. I emailed Joe for the video but I don't want to interfere with his rally trip.

Thanks
    Dave, imagine you are sitting on the F3 looking at the left mirror with your hand on the bar. The black end of the wedge is facing you. The side with “top” written on it, should be vertical. I.e. the narrowest face should be on the top, with no writing on it. You then push gently down on the outer side of the mirror housing to give a bit of leeway, and slide the block in from the direction of the handlebars until it is flush with the edge of the housing. It’s a bit of a tight fit, but you don’t have to push too hard...... hope that makes some sense.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Thanks Pete

That is the only way I could get it in there but the instructions had me confused with the writing saying top. I was just out there and slid both sides in and came back in to see if anyone replied.
    I really appreciate. I just wanted to make sure before I put it back together.

Thanks again
    Dave
    Bikerdave48
    2017 Spyder F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Top goes up. Wedgies are wider than they are tall. I did several sets today at the rally. Push just a bit more. They will go in! Joe
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

If you are having trouble getting them in you need to remove the dash cover. Or give us your email address and we will send you the install video

2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Boy, if I had a nickel........
    Joe Meyer

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cptjam View Post
    Top goes up. Wedgies are wider than they are tall. I did several sets today at the rally. Push just a bit more. They will go in! Joe
    That’s interesting, Joe. I would have said the wedgies were taller than they are wide. Am I reading your comment wrong?

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

Top goes up. Wider than they are tall. Black end to the rear.
    Joe Meyer

Spyder Garage

Top goes up. Wider than they are tall. Black end to the rear.
    Ahhhhhh. Well there you go. Thanks Joe. I have installed mine incorrectly. I had real trouble getting them in the way you mention above as they appeared too wide, so I thought I had misread “top” and put them in “taller than they are wide”. They still feel pretty tight this way, but I’ll look at changing them tomorrow. Obviously BikerDave had the same issue....and I definitely removed my dash cover.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

We did 6 sets here in the Bayou today. No problems, went in great. If you have trouble, call me! My number is below. We even did a FaceTime call to help a lady. No worries! Joe
    Joe Meyer

Spyder Garage

We did 6 sets here in the Bayou today. No problems, went in great. If you have trouble, call me! My number is below. We even did a FaceTime call to help a lady. No worries! Joe
    Yeah, they went in fine, Joe. I was just a bit wary of pushing too hard on the outer edge of the mirror assembly in the first instance......thanks.....I did have to put the dash cover in before I fastened the mirrors when I did it the correct way.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

YAY! I knew it would go! Glad it worked. Joe
    Joe Meyer

Spyder Garage

Just did another set. No problems! Push gently but firmly until it goes in all the way. Joe
    Joe Meyer

Spyder Garage

I reinstalled mine the correct way today and it does go in and more importantly it works. Mirrors are as solid as a rock. Thanks Joe for the video and everything,
    Bikerdave48
    2017 Spyder F3 Limited

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    Ahhhhhh. Well there you go. Thanks Joe. I have installed mine incorrectly. I had real trouble getting them in the way you mention above as they appeared too wide, so I thought I had misread “top” and put them in “taller than they are wide”. They still feel pretty tight this way, but I’ll look at changing them tomorrow. Obviously BikerDave had the same issue....and I definitely removed my dash cover.

Pete
    Next time we ship a set to Australia I’ll mark the bottom “Down Under” instead of Top

2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Forum and FB are blowing up! 5 more orders today, while we are riding home! Thank you all for your comments and compliments. I’m so glad we can help solve a real problem for so many. We will bring plenty to Spyderfest, too. 16 days at home, then off to Springfield.
    Joe Meyer

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the quick shipment! I got mine on Monday and installed them this morning. I just took a few minutes and I was extremely careful with the plastic ( I had a BMW K1200LT and plastic bits seemed to disintegrate on disassembly. I had many parts glues back together on that one). I didn't like to push down on the mirrors to get wedges in but slow steady pressure reaches a sweet spot where the wedges just pop in. My only real head scratcher was reinstalling the dash cover as I had a problem with aligning one of the tabs.

It rained all night last night so I haven't had a chance to try them out yet (I didn't want to have to wash the Spyder).
    2018 Can Am Spyder F3L, 1995 BMW R1100R, 1988 Suzuki GS250, 2019 Ryker 600 (Wife's)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    Next time we ship a set to Australia I’ll mark the bottom “Down Under” instead of Top
    Hahaha. I think my issue was that because “top” was written off to one side of the face, rather than in the centre, when it looked too wide to go in my little brain moved to “I’m reading it wrong”, mode. You know how you often see “top” or “up” stamped on the side of a box, but near the top, so stackers know which side up ? Well, that’s my excuse and I’m sticking to it, Ann . I was concerned also about whether you allowed for those “down under” in your engineering, or if I would have to install the wedgies upside down

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob204bc View Post
    Thanks for the quick shipment! I got mine on Monday and installed them this morning. I just took a few minutes and I was extremely careful with the plastic ( I had a BMW K1200LT and plastic bits seemed to disintegrate on disassembly. I had many parts glues back together on that one). I didn't like to push down on the mirrors to get wedges in but slow steady pressure reaches a sweet spot where the wedges just pop in. My only real head scratcher was reinstalling the dash cover as I had a problem with aligning one of the tabs.

It rained all night last night so I haven't had a chance to try them out yet (I didn't want to have to wash the Spyder).
    Just out of interest, Bob......did you try to reinstall the dash cover after you had screwed the mirrors back in? I had the same problem getting one side in, so I unscrewed the mirror again and the dash cover went in easily.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

Wow! The mirror problem is pretty much common to all! Glad to help! Thank you for the feedback. It appears that everyone needs a Wedgie!!
    Joe Meyer

Spyder Garage

I was at the dealer the other day looking at the 2019s. The F3L I looked at had loose mirrors on it. Most are that way out of the factory.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

They must design them that way. Crazy. I had a man call yesterday, and he was amazed that a new machine (particularly this expensive!) would need a fix. I agreed......so, he ordered Wedgies!
    Joe Meyer

Spyder Garage

Another 7 sets in the mail yesterday. I believe we are caught up! Now to make more for Spyderfest! Thank you, everyone.
    Joe Meyer

Spyder Garage

Another 7 sets in the mail yesterday. I believe we are caught up! Now to make more for Spyderfest! Thank you, everyone.
    You're not done yet Joe, I would like a set.

Thanks
    2018 F3 Limited , Black/Chrome