Thread: Domio Pro+

Spyder Garage

Default Domio Pro+

A new Domio Pro+ that includes audio and voice communication is coming out. The audio is done through sound vibration and mounts on the outside of your helmet. Anyone have experience with Domio or similar products? Introductory price seems reasonable.

2017 Spyder RT Limited - Champagne Metallic Chrome
    - Wolo Bad Boy Horn, SPYDERPOPS Next Gen LED Bumpskid, SPYDERPOPS Double Vision Daytime Running Lights
    2021 Spyder RT Limited - Deep Marsala Metallic Dark
    - Replaced 2021 Stock Handlebars with F3 Stock Handlebars, BRP Adjustable Driver Backrest, Wolo Bad Boy Horn, SPYDERPOPS Double Vision Daytime Running Lights, SPYDERPOPS ""BRAKER BARS" Brake/Run Lights

Spyder Garage

Like the idea of this. At $199.00 price is not out of line.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Is this just music or is it rider to rider communication.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JP58 View Post
    Is this just music or is it rider to rider communication.
    Both.

- Wolo Bad Boy Horn, SPYDERPOPS Next Gen LED Bumpskid, SPYDERPOPS Double Vision Daytime Running Lights
    - Replaced 2021 Stock Handlebars with F3 Stock Handlebars, BRP Adjustable Driver Backrest, Wolo Bad Boy Horn, SPYDERPOPS Double Vision Daytime Running Lights, SPYDERPOPS ""BRAKER BARS" Brake/Run Lights

Spyder Garage

I saw this and was interest too but after further research it seems better suited for skiing and biking. The environment and engine noises at speed reduce the effectiveness. I REALLY wanted this to work. Haven't tried the new model personally but do not plan on being an early adopter on this.

CJ JAX

Spyder Garage

where did you get your information on the reduced effectiveness for motorcycle use? Like you I really wanted this to work also.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Very interesting concept. Thanks for posting. I will be awaiting user feedback to see if it's vaporware or the real deal.
    2020 RTL SE6

Previously 2008 GS SM5 and 2014 RT SE6

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by zuni View Post
    I saw this and was interest too but after further research it seems better suited for skiing and biking. The environment and engine noises at speed reduce the effectiveness. I REALLY wanted this to work. Haven't tried the new model personally but do not plan on being an early adopter on this.

CJ JAX
    They have two models the Domio Pro and the Domio Pro+. The Domio Pro+ appears to be intended for motorcycle riding and a response to the complaints that that the audio couldn't be heard well due to engine noise. I also think there is likely a range of difference in experience with the audio between a motorcycle with loud pipes and those on a typical Spyder. If you have the factory installed exhaust...I'm hoping noise isn't an issue for this device.

I found a Domio Pro and Domio Pro+ comparison here.

Spyder Garage

I decided to go ahead and take the risk and buy two of them (one for me and one for my wife). There are some pre-order sales going on via Indiegogo so bought a pair through for $280 ($140 each). It's either going to be a great Christmas present for the both of us or the dumbest thing I've ever did. Once I get it, I'll put a review in this thread. In the meantime, I'd like to hear what others think (if they've bought similar products where audio is via vibration).

Spyder Garage

Reviews and comments on Adventure Rider. https://advrider.com/f/threads/anyon...evice.1296520/ This was based on the first model. With luck the Pro has sufficient improvements to make it work. As I have had my fair share of early adopter loses I plan on waiting to see the reviews.

CJ Jax

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus1300 View Post
    where did you get your information on the reduced effectiveness for motorcycle use? Like you I really wanted this to work also.

Spyder Garage

BryanSD - any news on this? I'm sure I'm not the only one interested.

Thanks,

Rick

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rickster48 View Post
    BryanSD - any news on this? I'm sure I'm not the only one interested.

Thanks,

Rick
    They had a delay in production as they re-engineered the helmet mounts for the Domio Pro+. I'm not scheduled to receive mine until mid-August. The delay is disappointing (especially since much of the riding season will be winding down), but I knew what I was getting myself into with a "crowd source" product. At this point, I wouldn't recommend anyone purchase the products until they're actually seen in the hands (or on the heads) of riders like me that made the pre-orders months ago. I'm actually more nervous about the "air mic" working as expected. Once I receive the Domio, I'll work on get putting out my initial impressions ASAP.