Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default For those complaining about the new dash BRP Connect!

Well, you guys aren't alone. The ol' venerable Honda apparently has fouled up their new electronic display system also. At least that's what this owner's experience has been with the 2018 Goldwing.

https://goldwingdocs.com/forum/viewt...p?f=23&t=45380

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Would like to hear from Spyderlovers "Captjam"/ Squaredaway/ Joe has a new Goldwing ! And he has put some serious miles on it.

fullsizeoutput_3faa.jpg

Spyder Garage

Wow that is quite a scathing analyses of the Gold wing and to have so many others agree with it is amazing. It is a slight relief to know that this is not just a Spyder problem.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Sorry to see stuff happen, but I guess the Spyder world is not alone when it comes to electronic glitches.

I was seriously looking at a GWing for next year. Maybe I will wait a bit longer--or none at all.

Indians are looking better now.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    Sorry to see stuff happen, but I guess the Spyder world is not alone when it comes to electronic glitches.

I was seriously looking at a GWing for next year. Maybe I will wait a bit longer--or none at all.

Indians are looking better now.

The Indians are awesome bikes except for one flaw. They will cook u, my 2017 Roadmaster is up for sale for that reason. If its 60 degrees or less where u ride it will be perfect . I’m either getting a new wing or a new f3l this spring. The heat don’t bother some people but it does me. Love the bike otherwise.
    Sold - 2021 RT Limited, Petrol Blue, trailer hitch.

Traded in - 2019 F3 Limited, Blue/Chrome: with
    Baja Ron swaybar, 19” tinted Freedom Windshield, Lamonster LED headlights, IPS Fog Light Kit, trailer hitch, Lamonster Mirror Locks, Ultimate TallBoy Seat.

Sold - 2014 Time-Out Camper

traded in - 2017 Kawasaki ZX14R
    Sold - 2018 Honda Goldwing Tour DTC
    Sold - 2017 Indian Roadmaster
    Traded in - 2016 F3T

And a couple hundred other bikes over the years!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Stangman35 View Post
    The Indians are awesome bikes except for one flaw. They will cook u, my 2017 Roadmaster is up for sale for that reason. If its 60 degrees or less where u ride it will be perfect . I’m either getting a new wing or a new f3l this spring. The heat don’t bother some people but it does me. Love the bike otherwise.

I looked at a lot of other bikes on-line a couple of days ago. For all the "faults" we have with Spyders, they are not as major as some other brands. After looking at Indians, I couldn't see how anyone could not get "cooked". Spyders may have a few heat issues but at least we have SOMETHING between us and the Engine/exhaust. On occasion, I enjoy riding my Spyder to the store in shorts and sneakers. Can't imagine doing that on a HD or Indian..... Went for a ride today and pulled up behind a HD at a stop light. He was a nice HD rider because he didn't continually blip his throttle. (which annoys the heck out of me) But I noticed his bike shaking violently. Thought his rear top case was going to pop off right there in the street. Damn, I'm old......
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

The 2019 Indian Roadmaster probably has taken care of heat problems. The front lowers vent was moved to the outer side so in does not blow on the exhaust pipe. And the rear cylinder shuts down at idle and maybe on light throttle to cool it down.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TicketBait View Post
    Would like to hear from Spyderlovers "Captjam"/ Squaredaway/ Joe has a new Goldwing ! And he has put some serious miles on it.

fullsizeoutput_3faa.jpg
    Only 28,600 since February. It rocks! The complaints are typically comparing state of the art aftermarket GPS with an OEM GPS. It works great! The nitpicks are just that. Could it be better? Sure! Does it work? Yes, it does! More importantly, it is as reliable as only Gold Wings are. That is, stone reliable! The Wing people who complain are just trying to convince themselves it is not better than theirs. It is, in spades! If you are serious about riding two wheels, it is hard to beat! Joe
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

Not to mention the inevitable rear cylinder issues that will pop up after a few years. That much heat in a rear cylinder that doesn't get much wind at the best of times will eventually blow the cylinder and that won't be cheap to fix. HD has had the same problem and the only fix is a set of fans on one side that blow air across the cylinders.
    My cousin has a 2018 Chieftain and it is ok, but not worth the money.

Spyder Garage

Default Gold Wing 2018

My best friend has a new Gold Wing and he loves it . Zero issues. He loves it, his is the DCT and it works flawlessly.