Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BryanSD View Post
    Wow, two years before you can purchase a 900 or 1330? That's crazy. And citizens are OK with this? What's the rationalization for the law?
    Spyders/Rykers are classified as motorcycles and one has to go through the various courses and license steps to ride one legally.Current cost around $1200 to be fully licensed even if you've been driving a car for decades.It makes the authorities appear to be doing something about road safety.My wife is jumping through the hoops at the moment in anticipation of buying her Ryker and will have learnt to ride the 125 Honda road bike supplied at the course to prove she is worthy.What the hell learning to ride this has to do with jumping on a Ryker is beyond both of us.
    Can Am have lobbied govt's since day one with next to zero success,can you imagine the sales impediment this must be having
    2017 F3S Daytona , Circuit Yellow Metalic

Spyder Garage

Default Future?

Reading through the comments in this thread is a bit of like trying to discern a crystal ball regarding BRP and Spyder's path forward. If the Ryker is accepted by the young crowd it is geared toward, perhaps the brand will grow as, loyal to the brand, they move up to a more substantial machine at some point in the future. However, if the Ryker comes at the cost of pressure that results in more closed dealerships... it may be a very bad spiral setting itself up. I am fortunate with my location currently, as there are two dealerships very close to me. If they were to disappear, however, I would rethink owning this product ... especially with it being highly technical and requiring dealer equipment/servicing for so many procedures. So... color me cautiously optimistic?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WisconsinDavid View Post
    Reading through the comments in this thread is a bit of like trying to discern a crystal ball regarding BRP and Spyder's path forward. If the Ryker is accepted by the young crowd it is geared toward, perhaps the brand will grow as, loyal to the brand, they move up to a more substantial machine at some point in the future. However, if the Ryker comes at the cost of pressure that results in more closed dealerships... it may be a very bad spiral setting itself up. I am fortunate with my location currently, as there are two dealerships very close to me. If they were to disappear, however, I would rethink owning this product ... especially with it being highly technical and requiring dealer equipment/servicing for so many procedures. So... color me cautiously optimistic?
    The Normal Spyder at the Non-Discounted Prices of 2019 was NOT selling Big- My dealer was down to ordering only a couple Spyders because they were NOT selling- The Ryker is meant to stir interest in the younger (Jet Ski- Ski-Doo) Crowd because they pay as Much for a Jet-ski or Ski-doo they use One season a Year and the Ryker can be used a Lot More of the year? So NOW we know we have overpaid for Spyders for years and Its all about to change with the Ryker !!! Can't wait for mine to arrive so I can Take the thing apart and put it back together again like my Ole M-16 Rifle!

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Default Touring on a Ryker

Quote Originally Posted by OldDog View Post
    The Ryker looks to be a winner for Can Am with all the positive reviews. I like the shaft drive, single swing arm, and slick looking rear wheel. People are saying it would not be good for touring. I guess that remains to be seen.
    My vote would be yes for it being a good bike to tourer on. Mileage would be my question. On the 900cc.
    Last edited by KID Ryker; 11-07-2018 at 11:09 AM.

Spyder Garage

Default I'M WITH YOU

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge707 View Post
    The Rykers are a breath of fresh air. Most all BRP techs know the 900 and 600 very well and the thing can be taken apart by virtually anyone. Oil change-Less oil- are super easy and No DPS or other stuff to go wrong-No Belt tension-Sprockets to fail-Easy rear tire change I bet anyone can do. Is it for everyone-NO- I will keep my F3 till i'm sure it meets All my needs and then the F3 will be History and the $$ will go toward Future Elderly expenses?
    I bet Half the Rykers are bought by current Spyder owners?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by OldDog View Post
    I'm doing fine, Bob! The Ryker looks quite intriguing. I've been lurking here occasionally.
    It could be just what you need?
    Don't be a stranger: stick around this time!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black