Spyder Garage

Default Wax for spyder F3

Hello,
    Tried using the search function but no help. What wax are people using on their spyders?
    thanks
    Steve

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Stevew View Post
    Hello,
    Tried using the search function but no help. What wax are people using on their spyders?
    thanks
    Steve
    I think you will get different answers from everyone. But I did a C.QUARTZ Ceramic quartz paint protection treatment on mine. So far, I am very impressed. From the instructions, it is like doing another clearcoat on your current paint. It is supposed to last from 2-5 years. With me keeping it garaged when I am not riding, I think that can easily be done. Considering I used to just use Macquires and it would last 1-2 years. Here is a shot of the rear panel that I did on my F3T.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

I use Topcoat F11. You can use it on everything. Makes the dull parts look new again. Paint shines nice. 1-2 ounces covers whole bike. Last about 6 months. Depends how much you wash your bike.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Not as exotic as the others but Lamonsters Black Diamond Detailer works really well. Spray it on and wipe it off!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

I use Rejex for the final wax with 3M 05997 hand glaze under it.

>3M 05997<
    >Rejex<

Here's my gold wing before and after the wash an PC of the rack.
    to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the replies. I see it’s whatever you like.

Steve

Spyder Garage

Turtle wax ICE spray wax. It's quick, I want to ride not wax and it shines and protects very well.
    2015 RT , Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Another vote for Turtle wax ICE spray. It has the same ingredients as Topcoat F11, but is much less money and they add carnauba wax to the mix. Read the MSDS for each and see what your getting. They both work very well for short term shine. I use Mothers carnauba paste wax for longer lasting shine (2-3 months).
    2021 Sea to Sky RT , Highland green

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If your F3 has a matt finish …..STAY AWAY FROM WAX!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevew View Post
    Hello,
    thanks
    Steve

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Joel The Biker View Post
    Another vote for Turtle wax ICE spray. It has the same ingredients as Topcoat F11, but is much less money and they add carnauba wax to the mix. Read the MSDS for each and see what your getting. They both work very well for short term shine. I use Mothers carnauba paste wax for longer lasting shine (2-3 months).
    Can you use it on the Matt black surface and the windshield and frame ect. With carnauba wax in it.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JP58 View Post
    Can you use it on the Matt black surface and the windshield and frame ect. With carnauba wax in it.
    I use it on everything. You can and should test it on a small area to make sure you like it.
    2015 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

Another vote for Turtle Wax ICE. Spray on easy to apply and it does not leave any white residue. Works nicely on carbon fiber surfaces.
    2017 F3 Limited , Gloss Black with red and carbon fiber accents

Spyder Garage

Turtle Wax Ice is really cheap (about $6) and does a fantastic job. I use that and Black Diamond. Best shine I’ve had is when I wiped it down w Turtle Wax Ice liquid detailer, then used Black Diamond on top of that. Couldn’t believe how shiny it was, looked awesome. So now I use Ice frequently, and Black Diamond about once a month. My wife has hijacked my Black Diamond and used it on my entire kitchen. She loves it. I’ve also used Black Diamond on my windshield, visor, glasses and iPhone & iPad. That stuff is just amazing. Hoping for a Holiday sale soon so I can order a case. I was gonna buy F-111 but a friend told me he got same results w Black Diamond, but I may try the ceramic stuff soon.

2018 RT Limited Metalic Champagne
    US Spyder Ryders Long Island NY Chapter
    2018 RT Limited , Metallic Champagne

Spyder Garage

And ICE does not dry with a white residue making it perfect for carbon fiber.
    2017 F3 Limited , Gloss Black with red and carbon fiber accents

Spyder Garage

For a quickie shine, I was using ICE spray detailer for years. Then a couple years ago, I went to a car event and happened to park next to Griot's Garage booth. I kidded the guy that he can use my car for demo-ing their products. Then he walks over and sprays half the hood with their Best of Show Detailer and lightly buffs with a very fluffy microfiber cloth. I had recently applied ICE detailer, but the side he did was waaaay slicker. I bought some and haven't looked back. I am very OCD about my vehicles' finishes and have tried many products. I liked the ICE stuff for years, but now my wax of choice is Meguiar's #26 Yellow paste wax. You can use the black surfaces as a shaving mirror.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

I got some F11 and really like it. EZ to put on too. Kind of expensive though.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic