Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default New Sygic GPS app for BRP Connect

FYI - This new Sygic Car Navigation app can be used with BRP Connect or by itself. It's way easier to use and work with.

I found some links on how to use the app and create routes.

https://createweb.be/plan-your-gps-r...-the-computer/

https://www.manula.com/manuals/sygic...c/product-info

https://help.sygic.com/en/sygic-car-...o-create-route
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Default Android?

One of the links you provided says “great Android offline app”. Do we know if Sygic works best on Android vs iPhone ? I know most apps work best w iPhone, wondering if Sygic was designed to be used for Android not IOS.
    ‘I’ve been having success w Genius Maps but I’d like to start planning routs instead of just getting from point A to point B. I paid $90 for Genius, Sygic claims one time payment of $75. Wondering if we have iPhone users who’ve used both Genius & Sygic, and have an opinion on what works best.
    ‘Thank you.

2018 RT Limited Metalic Champagne
    US Spyder Ryders Long Island NY Chapter
    2018 RT Limited , Metallic Champagne

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have an iPhone and find it works great. The Google maps feature might be an Android thing as I haven't tried it because its so easy to make/create routes right on the phone.

I have been using Genius and have figure out ways to make custom routes, one where you make the route just before you get going as it won't save. Another way is to add via points to the route and then save it for use later. Since getting Sygic, I find it easier to use and much better. Luckily I got the $90 cash card from BRP so it didn't cost me. If I had an F3 I would be demanding a refund on the Genius maps as it really doesn't work.
    Last edited by Flamewinger; 10-30-2018 at 10:37 AM.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

I'm taking delivery on my 2018 RT on Wednesday of this week. Have been trying to get a leg up on the difference between the Genius app and Sygic. My general impression is to leave Genius in the box.
    Can you get turn by turn audio to helmet with Sygic?
    I contacted Sygic about planning custom routes and they asked me whether I was using Sygic Travel or Sygic GPS Navigation.
    What does the Can Am use??
    2021 Grey RT Limited, Dark Edition; Baja Ron sway bar; Spyder Pops front fender and mirror pod LED turn signals

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Open BRP Connect and you should see the available apps that work. Genius is quite difficult and very glitchy. Sygic Car Nav. works much like Google Maps but you download the map data for each state as you need. I use it in the dash but mute it as I also use Garmin on another smartphone that is paired to the headset. The volume on Sygic is not adjustable as far as I can tell.

As long as your headset is paired to the dash you will be able to hear music as well as GPS notifications.

Congratulations on the new Spyder
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Sounds like Sygic is very limited. I've had a Garmin on my bikes for years. Love the integrated one on my BMW R1200GS. I'm thinking I'll put one on the Spyder. I like to do detailed routes in advance, especially if I'm going to be traveling through multiple States.
    2021 Grey RT Limited, Dark Edition; Baja Ron sway bar; Spyder Pops front fender and mirror pod LED turn signals

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have not used a laptop or computer to create routes for years as I use the Garmin or, now Sygic, to create a route. It's very easy once you learn the simple steps. If you want to use a GPS then do it the cheap way and buy a used iPhone 6 ($200) and install Garmin ($40-50) and provide power for it. Pair it to the headset and it's much cheaper than buying a Garmin and installing it for over $1000.

Before making any comments you might try using/playing with it as I found I could create a route the same way I do on Google Maps.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red