Spyder Garage

Default Genius questions

Do you dwnld the app direct to phone or to computer and then to phone?If on phone only can transfer to new one?What exactly are they wanting for proof of purchase,are receipts shown on phone after?As you may have guessed I am not a computer whiz!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If you are the owner of the new 2018 Rt or F3 then the first thing is you need an
    • Apple: iPhone 6 and up or
    • Android: most devices from 2016 and up (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S7, S8, A3, A5, J3, J5, J7; Huawei P9 Lite; LG G5)

Most smartphone owners download apps straight to the phone but I don't know if you can still use a computer as it makes it more difficult.

Purchases on one phone can be transferred to new phone but can only be on one phone at a time.

When you buy the new spyder you get a receipt for the purchase. When you buy apps on a smartphone like iPhone, you buy through iTunes and you get email receipts for any and all purchases. You'll need the receipt for the bike, Genius Maps AND the Car connectivity. To email or mail to BRP for the $90 cash card.

You might want to look into the newest GPS app called Sygic Car Navigation. It's way easier to use but no cash card and the cost is $75. It is so much easier to use. BRP Connect also allows other apps such as Rever, Accuweather, FOBOBike as well as the music app that is already on the phone.

There are Youtube videos on how to use the system and work the joystick and work the apps when on the bike.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

This link may be of some help. The instructions to get genius maps on your phone setup. https://www.brp.ca/content/dam/canam...e_EN_links.pdf

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Flamewinger I read your post on sygic on another thread and I'm wondering-were you able to find an answer for the volume trouble-is $75 the final cost or is there another to connect?Still way less than a gps unit!I'm not sure about being a slave to BRP and having to use only what they decide I can tho!I think it's more getting fee's from app producers than any concern for our welfare.Any other Sygic users?What do you think of it?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The $75 is the final cost for the map data and connection to the bike. I have tried adjusting the volume using the joystick and the phone's volume buttons and neither work. When I go to Settings, Advanced I find the volume is greyed out and can't be changed. Not sure why. My headset is not paired to the bike so I don't know if the volume can be controlled by the headset. (I'm paired to another working phone with SiriusXM and Waze)

This is what I see in the Notification and Sounds/Advanced section.

fullsizeoutput_d8e.jpg
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Sure looks like the place to do it!