Spyder Garage

Default Clunk sound and Vibration from front pulley?

About 600 miles ago, coming out of Arkansas back to San Antonio, TX on my 2013 RT-S and I started feeling a sort of vibration which turned into a clunking sound. By the time I got to my Home outside of San Antonio it has gotten worse. I am afraid to ride it at this point with the clunk and vibration it makes seemingly every other rotation of the belt and in timing of the belt... Any suggestions? I am at a lose... I'm going to take the Tupperware off and do a look and maybe take off the rear tire and see if I can duplicate the feel and sound from the pulley. I am praying it is not internal or too much damage has been done. I will entertain any idea(s) to start looking at...

Thanks
    Last edited by IHOP; 10-29-2018 at 03:14 PM.

For God So Loved the world...

Started 2014 with a 2013 RT-S SE5. Wrecked it April 2019 with a 200lb hog! I am Blessed because if that was a two wheel motorcycle, DPS said without a shadow of a doubt I would have been dead! Thank you Can-Am! The issue I had with GIECO is they told me not to take anything off the Spyder when I brought it in to their claims center because they paid it out as a total. I just had ELKA put on all around and over $7,000 in Farkle that I am having to replace all that I could have taken off the '13. Bought a 2014 with only 3728 miles! Love it! My therapy!

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) Spyder_Cowgirl's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Question More Information

It would be really helpful to know the model and year of your Spyder. There have been a number of front pulley failures on some of the F3's (it seems rare on the RT's and other models). Please provide a little more information so that the technical folks can chime in.

All the best ….. Ann
    __________________________________________________ _
    2016 RT Limited -- "Jubilee" (as in Cherries)
    Guardian Bell (gift from spyderowboy)
    ISCI Dual Flag Mount – Tall Poles
    Lamonster Bottle Holder and Spyder Cuff
    Spyderpops Missing Belt Guard
    Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Rear Run / Brake / Turn LEDs
    Spyderpops Mirror LEDs
    Custom Dynamics HMT Brake

Spyderpops Keep Out The Trash (KOTT) Grills
    Don't Eat Mud / mudflap
    __________________________________________________ __

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Have you had the Baja Ron Bar and Heim Links installed if not it could be one of the cheap plastic Heim Links has busted! Is the sound on one side?
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

Default It is a 2013 RT-S

It is a 2013 RT-S. I installed the Baja Ron sway bar with the links. I looked at the front wheels all seems good with a little play in the right one. I isolated the "feel" "clunk" and sound to that of the belt or front pulley (sprocket) .

For God So Loved the world...

Started 2014 with a 2013 RT-S SE5. Wrecked it April 2019 with a 200lb hog! I am Blessed because if that was a two wheel motorcycle, DPS said without a shadow of a doubt I would have been dead! Thank you Can-Am! The issue I had with GIECO is they told me not to take anything off the Spyder when I brought it in to their claims center because they paid it out as a total. I just had ELKA put on all around and over $7,000 in Farkle that I am having to replace all that I could have taken off the '13. Bought a 2014 with only 3728 miles! Love it! My therapy!