Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by QuasiMotard View Post
    Well, I had to satisfy my curiosity about the Rally's top speed, so I did a quick top speed run Monday morning. Here is the result: 105 indicated, 102 GPS. I was headed into a slight head wind, so it might pull another 1-2 MPH in calm air, but I think it was mostly tapped out.

--
    QM
    QM,
    That's interesting, others have said it's about 90 mph.
    102 mph is fast enough, but how is it for freeway droning at 75 mph - 80 mph? There are a lot of freeways I have to travel...

Spyder Garage

I have done quite a bit of interstate ryding and I will tell you, the 900 is impressive as can be! Acceleration from 70 miles an hour to 85 miles an hour is unbelievable. It will throw you back.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Zoot View Post
    QM,
    That's interesting, others have said it's about 90 mph.
    102 mph is fast enough, but how is it for freeway droning at 75 mph - 80 mph? There are a lot of freeways I have to travel...
    60-95 mph roll-on is very good on the 900/Rally (video below), and maintaining anything in that range is effortless (assuming that you have a windscreen and a cruise control). The freeway duty can be quirky, depending on your particular unit's alignment and if you have lots of off-camber roads or grooved pavement to deal with. The off-camber and grooves don't play nice with my Rally... even after the ROLO laser alignment was done, it still wanders around at freeway speeds and tries to veer out of the lane when going over dips/depressions.

Roll-on video is here...

--
    QM

Spyder Garage

Just purchased the 600. Only about 20 miles on it so far (bad weather). Curious how satisfied owners of the 600 are with freeway use. Can it sustain 70 for long distances? Does it have enough range an acceleration to pass slower moving vehicles?

Spyder Garage

I made also a short test - 96 KMH = 60 mls/ H .. around 6 seconds on the first run .. (with the european mapping !!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-6Fp7hEi5Q
    Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bcraig View Post
    Just purchased the 600. Only about 20 miles on it so far (bad weather). Curious how satisfied owners of the 600 are with freeway use. Can it sustain 70 for long distances? Does it have enough range an acceleration to pass slower moving vehicles?
    I travel 70 miles a day round trip just to work & home (but it usually ends up being a lot longer). We’ve only had it a week so far & ridden it to work 3 times. Of the 70 miles, 46 of them you need to to be doing 70-75mph just to be in the flow of traffic. The 600 has been handling it without even breaking a sweat. Top speed I’ve gotten out of it so far was 93mph & it still had a little to go but had to back out because of traffic. Very happy with our 600 so far

Spyder Garage

Thankyou - dbk2tavi

Spyder Garage

My experience at freeway speeds with my 600 has been the same as dbk2tavi's; real comfortable (had it up to 75 with my wife on the back, no problem!). I had it up to 90mph before hitting traffic. I have over 2600 miles on my Ryker.

Francis
    2019 600 , Haze Blue

Spyder Garage

I did 110 in my ryker. Someone on Facebook did 122 mph.
    2019 Rally , Black