Spyder Garage

Default Got an email offer

Got an offer via email offering me one extra year of extended service if I pre-order my Ryker today. Sounds like a good deal.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Spyder Garage

Default Ryker Extended Warranty DEAL

Sounds good but $250 deposit commitment required by January 31. No guaranteed delivery date and no expected date to even sit on one until late December or early January (maybe). Sounds good except they have your money and you get a piece of paper, sounds sort of like the Elio car deal.
    2019 Rally , GMUltra Violet

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkSpyder View Post
    Sounds good but $250 deposit commitment required by January 31. No guaranteed delivery date and no expected date to even sit on one until late December or early January (maybe). Sounds good except they have your money and you get a piece of paper, sounds sort of like the Elio car deal.
    Cool, a glass half empty Guy.

I see it as a good deal, ie Glass half Full.
    Dean O
    Gran Pa Hoon
    Founder San Jose BMW
    Builder of the Motorcyclist Cafe Barn and Bunkhouse
    Alamogordo, NM

'20 Spyder F3 L

Spyder Garage

I have not seen a Ryker in person yet, simply not been to a dealer lately. Word around my area is that some dealers do have floor models for display, and with that, some of the other local Spyder owners have seen them and sat upon tnem first hand.

Spyder Garage

I too was waiting for the Elio!! Big time scam,I even flew out to Arizona to see/test drive one on an invitation from the owner himself! Got there and none to be seen and they were pressuring me to give them a deposit..ah noooo..but the Ryker IS! going to be built..not a scam just get in line..looks good!!!

Spyder Garage

There was a Ryker demo bike at Maggie Valley that, IMO, didn't look as ugly in real life as it does to me in pictures of it. The glass level is not an issue for me but possible problems with a brand new design is. Life's too short to have a fun machine down awaiting problem resolution.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

I thought the deposit was $150 as Long as you put in a order before the 31st of Jan. 1 year warranty-one year best- you used to get 2 years warranty for NOTHING?

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Default Curious...🤔

What is extended service....I am always leary of those offers of longer warranties extended anything is like they do not have faith in their product. I would be more inclined if the offer is for discounts, accessories perhaps upgrades.. Especially when there is no history on the product....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Unless that deposit is non-refundable, so what? He would be reducing what he owes on the Ryker, albeit a very small amount, and gets an extra year on his warranty. At what cost to him? If you know of a way to investing that $250 and getting any type of gain worth holding onto in that short amount of time, please share.
    If I was planning on buying a Ryker, I would absolutely do it
    SpyderSkeets
    Ashburn, VA
    2017 F3-T SE6

Spyder Garage

Default Ryker Extended Warranty DEAL

This is the email reply I got from my dealer and this is a good reliable dealer.
    "I am emailing you in regards to your interest in a Can Am Ryker. The first one we anticipate seeing will be the end of December/beginning of January. Preorder requirements are you must create the certificate/commitment to buy by January 31st, which includes a $250 deposit to get the preseason promotional warranty offer. As far as accessories, all of that stuff is done here at the dealership and they cannot be ordered with special accessories already installed."
    Folks in the southern states are getting them 1st, snowy north east (snowmobile country) won't see them for a while.
    I personally won't commit until my butt sits in the seat at least.
    2019 Rally , GMUltra Violet

Spyder Garage

Saw both the 600 and 900 at Boerne TX. Was there for the Texas Spyders in the Hills Rally. They were at Coyote Sports. Not my "cup o tea". Very naked machine. You could

spend a fortune on one after purchase to outfit it to be more "Spyder Like" and comfortable or to take a passenger.

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge707 View Post
    I thought the deposit was $150 as Long as you put in a order before the 31st of Jan. 1 year warranty-one year best- you used to get 2 years warranty for NOTHING?
    I had to put down 500 with no refund guess I’m getting the Rally in army green

Spyder Garage

I put a deposit on a Rally at Moutain Motorsports for Becky. The said they had 38 on order. She can test drive and if she does not like it deposit refunded. They are great to deal with.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gkamer View Post
    Got an offer via email offering me one extra year of extended service if I pre-order my Ryker today. Sounds like a good deal.
    That's a good deal in my book. If I was in the market for a Ryker, I would jump on it.
    ----
    Joe

2023 F3

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gkamer View Post
    That extra year warranty could be a nice bonus. BRP is not going to mess with anybody's deposits. I waited over six months for my first spyder back in 08. I am guessing the wait will not be as long this time.

I would recommend go for it.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    What is extended service....I am always leary of those offers of longer warranties extended anything is like they do not have faith in their product. I would be more inclined if the offer is for discounts, accessories perhaps upgrades.. Especially when there is no history on the product....
    There is always the possibility of a "glitch" in first models sold to the public. The extended warranty covers your butt.

Just got an extended warranty on my Subaru Outback for the CVT transmission. Appears they had some issues with the prior years Foresters. No cost. I am happy to get the extended warranty.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

2018-10-28_LI.jpg https://can-am.brp.com/on-road/exper...pre-order.html any one can get this deal as long as you pre order before january 31 2019 got mine already ordered just cant wait
    Last edited by Winnex3; 10-28-2018 at 05:15 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Deposits being refunded are governed by your state law. In California for example, deposits are refundable by law.

My gut feeling is that there will be a strong demand for the Ryker. If you are worried and the state law doesn't make deposits refundable. Your position can be easily sold or traded to some one else especially considering the additional free warranty plus who knows what else.

My Glass is always half full.
    Dean O
    Gran Pa Hoon
    Founder San Jose BMW
    Builder of the Motorcyclist Cafe Barn and Bunkhouse
    Alamogordo, NM

'20 Spyder F3 L

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Psyecdelic Ryker

55E93313-A807-4B87-8AFA-F19BB1047743.jpgSome hippies down the street already have one in their garage!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

Remember guys the glass is refillable

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze