Spyder Garage

Default Enabled Spyder Riders

I am about to become an Enabled Spyder Rider. I feel fortunate to have the Spyder to get me on the road. Will have foot surgery in 2 weeks and will be about 3 months for recovery. Then will have surgery on the other foot for another 3 month recovery period. I have read a lot of the posts in the Enabled forum and learned a lot. My temporary situation pales compared with what some experience. My point is that we Spyder owners are fortunate to have a vehicle that allows us to enjoy riding in spite of individual circumstance. My hats off to those of you who ride regardless of physical limitations.....

Ride on......
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

Hope you recover quickly. Have really enjoyed getting back a new RTL. Traded my 2014 RTL to a mason brother for his Harley 2011 Shrine Trike. Thought I was going to play with it til the 2019 RTLs were here but driving a nice chrome plated Peterbuilt Log trike was too tough so I traded it for a 2018 RTL which is a 3 wheel Corvette with handlebars 👍
    Replaced my Lamonster Certified RT Limited #1874 With a 2018 RTL.

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Foot Issues

Heal well and quickly so you are ready to ride in the new year.
    I dealt with double foot surgery last year at this time.
    Snow and cold kept me off the Spyder. Spend the recovery time cleaning
    polishing and tuning the bike. Plan your farkles so you are ready to ride when healed.
    David C
    2016 F3T
    DIY Garage Door Opener & GPS Mount
    Battery tender cable
    Rear IPS Pack Rack

Spyder Garage

Default Sorry to hear....

Hope all goes well and the recovery will be fast and as painless as possible. I have some permanent damage though not why I got the spyder but glad I did cause after the surgery and some apparatus addition I am still able to ryde...Best wishes...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Wishing you the best on recovery from both surgeries. Spyder has become a "niche" market for many with the same issues.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Foot Issues

Sorry to hear about your feet. I hope that you can recover very quickly.
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

Good luck and recover soon, May you be back out on the road soon.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by canamjhb View Post
    I am about to become an Enabled Spyder Rider. I feel fortunate to have the Spyder to get me on the road. Will have foot surgery in 2 weeks and will be about 3 months for recovery. Then will have surgery on the other foot for another 3 month recovery period. I have read a lot of the posts in the Enabled forum and learned a lot. My temporary situation pales compared with what some experience. My point is that we Spyder owners are fortunate to have a vehicle that allows us to enjoy riding in spite of individual circumstance. My hats off to those of you who ride regardless of physical limitations.....

Ride on......
    just wanted to check in and see how you are doing. Hope all is well and the surgery went good. Let us know how you are progressing. May you have a fast recovery

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Two cats View Post
    just wanted to check in and see how you are doing. Hope all is well and the surgery went good. Let us know how you are progressing. May you have a fast recovery
    Thanks for the thought. Surgury went well. I now have 2 steel rods sticking out of the front of my toes and a screw holding things together. What I have, thanks to my inheritance from my mother, are bunions. As I got older, they got worse. And finally got to the point of not being to walk much. The first night after surgery was miserable. It felt like I was being shocked by 220V about every 10 seconds. Pain pills offered zero relief. My Dr. met me the next morning and explained that my nerves have been streatched and they need a little time to reorient themselves. He changed my pain meds and by the next day the shocks were down to 9V battery strength and completely gone by the third day. I have been using a knee scooter for the last 2 1/2 weeks. No weight on the foot at all. Today I got a walking boot and can now hobble a little with that on. The steel rods will come out in another 2 weeks but the screw will stay. As I ponder my temperary situation, I have grown to have a greater appreciation for those who endure much more than I and for a much longer period of time. I should be back on the bike soon and look forward to that and enjoying all that I can while I can do it...... Jim
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by canamjhb View Post
    Thanks for the thought. Surgury went well. I now have 2 steel rods sticking out of the front of my toes and a screw holding things together. What I have, thanks to my inheritance from my mother, are bunions. As I got older, they got worse. And finally got to the point of not being to walk much. The first night after surgery was miserable. It felt like I was being shocked by 220V about every 10 seconds. Pain pills offered zero relief. My Dr. met me the next morning and explained that my nerves have been streatched and they need a little time to reorient themselves. He changed my pain meds and by the next day the shocks were down to 9V battery strength and completely gone by the third day. I have been using a knee scooter for the last 2 1/2 weeks. No weight on the foot at all. Today I got a walking boot and can now hobble a little with that on. The steel rods will come out in another 2 weeks but the screw will stay. As I ponder my temperary situation, I have grown to have a greater appreciation for those who endure much more than I and for a much longer period of time. I should be back on the bike soon and look forward to that and enjoying all that I can while I can do it...... Jim
    I know the feeling my friend, spent 3 months off my left foot thanks to being hard headed and fell 16 ft off a steel roof 5 yrs ago. The pain was awful and had to use a knee scooter also. Still have a plate and 9 screws in there. But all is good. Still acts up in cold weather sometimes. Glad to here all is going well, And the surgery went well. Watch those knee scooters they tend to want to throw you off at times. It's kinda like roller skating on one leg. Happy Trails My Friend and Gods Speed to getting well soon.

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Feet

Thanks for the update. Keep mending and enjoy the Holidays.
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Very Active Member sealfloorboards's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Glad th hear the first surgery is progressing well. Best wishes on the other foot. When you do get back on your Spyder, I hope you have floorboards rather than just pegs . Best of luck, and....
    Ride in comfort,
    John

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default canamjhb

Here's wishing you a speedy recovery. My hips and knees have take a toll from years of sports and abuse, and as a result I had to leave two wheels behind. My choice was HD or Spyder. I bought and RTS-SE6 and a friend bought a HD Tri Glide. We got them both from local dealers. I have just about 30K on mine and still going, and my friend has just a bout 300 miles on his. His trike is sitting in the garage awaiting the outcome of a lemon law lawsuit. Pain can come from different directions. I'm sure you will recover soon but my friend is going to have a very long recovery.

Spyder Garage

I went for a short ride to an annual dealer Christmas Celebration yesterday. First time back on the bike since surgery on 11-16. The ride went well so today did a 150-mile lunch ride. The only problem is now I am experiencing back muscle issues due to walking and scooting in an irrugular way. My riding pals were a little surprised I was on the bike after only 4 days of getting a walking boot. But this is not a story I plan to share with my doctor. I have my weekly appointment on Tuesday to get the dressing changed and everything looked at. Then the following Tuesday the metal rods come out if all is well. Feels really great to be back riding. Thank God the Spyder allows us to ride when other vehicles would be out of the question. I want to emphasize that this story is not about me. Rather it is about the Spyder and it's ability to allow enabled people to enjoy what some take for granted. Awsome..... Jim
    Semper Fi