Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Joel The Biker View Post
    Definitely not true at all! I had 2 scooters. A Suzuki Burgman 400 and 650. And both would go over 100mph with me on them and I weigh 300 lbs.
    But you're forgetting something: they're aerodynamic drag is nowhere NEAR that of a Trike...
    Weight affects acceleration much more, than it does top speeds anyway...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default cvt

Quote Originally Posted by Joel The Biker View Post
    Definitely not true at all! I had 2 scooters. A Suzuki Burgman 400 and 650. And both would go over 100mph with me on them and I weigh 300 lbs.
    ok right thats what i am saying your 650 burgman did not go much faster than your 400 the 650 has better take off but not much more speed over the 400 even know it was 250 cc more like having 426 hemi v8 vs a 3.8 v6 but there both in first gear one will get there faster but they go about the same speed in first gear i to have a 400 and a 650 Bugman and this is what i have found out from owning them not trying to compare scooter to Ryker just saying that both 600 and 900 Ryker top speed sould be close to each other because of cvt is efficient
    Last edited by Winnex3; 10-27-2018 at 12:12 PM.

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Winnex3 View Post
    Even Martin said he didn't get top speed in this video.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

Martin said he got 130-140 on the 600cc and about 154 on the 900cc But I thought he said he was going to do a video on the Top Speed and acceleration?? Was Part 2 that video because it didn't sound to scientific the way he kind of said it?

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Most likely you can see 100-110 MPH on the 900 and 85-95 on the 600 under normal conditions. Plenty fast on these machines, probably either one would easily cruise at 80. Both would be dynamite up to 70-75. In any event, either one would be ideal for a several day trip and outstanding in the Twisties. A perfect 200 to 300 mile Day Ride and an even better daily runabout.

My preference would be the regular 900 because it is a little lower than the Rally as I love playing Go-Fast here in the Smokey Mountains.
    Dean O
    Gran Pa Hoon
    Founder San Jose BMW
    Builder of the Motorcyclist Cafe Barn and Bunkhouse
    Alamogordo, NM

'20 Spyder F3 L

Spyder Garage

I think that's the most honest review yet and he deviates from the 'be polite about the new product' line a bit more than all the previous ones. There's a really telling cut in the video at a point where he starts to say what he thinks! His face says it all!

What he seems to say without actually saying it, is it's not as quick as an F3 (even the 900), it's not as stable as an F3 and it's not as nice as an F3. None of which come as much of a surprise, it's not going to be at that price.

Of course Martin's F3 has upgraded suspension, remapped ECU, better tires etc etc so probably not a fair comparison to a stock F3.

I still think it'll be alright for the UK with our tighter twistier roads but I can understand the comments about US interstates and longer rides. The lower wieght is probably a negative there not a positive.
    | 2015 F3-S | Heated Grips | USB Ports | RAM X-Grip | RT Sway Bar | '2 Up' Rear Shock | SHAD Bag Kit | Oxford Aqua 50 Dry Bag | BRP Rider Backrest |