Spyder Garage

Default After less bulky Ladies Spyder Gear Suggestions

New excited 2018 F3L Spyder lady rider. I'm looking at pants for cold weather riding (25 to 45 degrees). Don't really like bulk. Is Can Am gear worth the price? Experienced suggestions, reviews, and websites solicited.

Spyder Garage

Klim makes great product

I’m a big fan of Klim gear. Pricey, but very well made and you’ll be hard pressed to find better gear.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-01-2024 at 11:20 PM. Reason: Moved Post title - they mess with Searching! ;-)
    2022 RT Limited Dark Hyper Silver
    2014 RT-S Pearl White
    2010 BRP 622 Trailer Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kjog View Post
    New excited 2018 F3L Spyder lady rider. I'm looking at pants for cold weather riding (25 to 45 degrees). Don't really like bulk. Is Can Am gear worth the price? Experienced suggestions, reviews, and websites solicited.
    Can Am gear is GOOD--but it is way overpriced--IMO. First gear is much more reasonable. Check with Baja Ron--he has been a seller of Firstgear items at reasonable prices.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the replies. More questions now. I have found Leaders RPM Shop sells Can Am Spyder OEM Ladies Caliber Pants for a major discount on new items although not the newest version. Has anyone bought from them? What is the link to Baja Ron's website or First Gear? Kilm is extremely nice but I'm not ready to pay that much. What's the thought on textile versus leather? Are all of these pants to be worn over jeans?

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the replies. More questions now. I have found Leaders RPM Shop sells Can Am Spyder OEM Ladies Caliber Pants for a major discount on new items although not the newest version. Has anyone bought from them? What is the link to Baja Ron's website or First Gear? Kilm is extremely nice but I'm not ready to pay that much. What's the thought on textile versus leather? Are all of these pants to be worn over jeans?
    Baja Ron link from Home Page ads:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...rs-amp-Helmets

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Todays textile gear is also water repellant. If you get into a soaker with leather gear--you are eventually going to get real wet. Pickers choice whether or not to wear over pants or jeans. I don't most of the time. I don't like to feel like the Michelin Man.

Most quality riding gear is NOT cheap. I am still using First gear which I purchased new in 2002.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

If you really plan on riding in 25-45 degree weather you might want to look at heated gear.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN View Post
    If you really plan on riding in 25-45 degree weather you might want to look at heated gear.
    Heated gear is another good option. I find the Firstgear with the winter liners installed work just fine down to 25 or slightly colder. Past that point and my fun quotient has been reached.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Thank you all very much. Heated gear is definitely a thought too. A friend has heated gear from fingers to toes all tied into her Spyder battery but I'm not there yet.

Spyder Garage

Thank you all very much. Heated gear is definitely a thought too. A friend has heated gear from fingers to toes all tied into her Spyder battery but I'm not there yet.
    An AMA membership will get you a 20% discount at Safe and Warm.They make the heated gear for First Gear. BajaRon also sells the First Gear brand clothing and it is top quality. He sells at a pretty steep discount. Maybe that will help move you a little closer.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Thanks. I'm moving that way.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Congrats, and welcome. Another vote for Firstgear. Love Klim but have heard mixed reviews since they were purchased.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-01-2024 at 11:21 PM. Reason: Moved Post title - they mess with Searching! ;-)

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

There are so many advantages to textile gear they are waterproof, breathable and you can wear it in hot or cold weather. You want to look for “overpants” that way if you want you can take them off when you arrive at your destination. I will wear anything from shorts to long underwear under mine.

You want to find a pair that are long enough so when you are sitting on the Spyder they cover the top of your boots. I have long legs so I have trouble finding woman’s overpants that are long enough.

2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

I use tourmaster insulated pants. And love them. Warm. Affordable. I wear my leather chaps down to 22, but not if it's going to rain or snow lol

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

+1 on the Klim gear.

I have 2 pair of ryding pants.

One is Olympia Expedition that matches my Olympia Expedition jacket. Wear them from early spring through late fall. But they're not waterproof and you'll need rain pants, too.

My other ones are Klim waterproof with Gore-Tex. Love these. Don't need any other.
    Last edited by PrairieSpyder; 12-20-2018 at 09:51 PM.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

I love Klim. They're waterproof.
    Chris
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-01-2024 at 11:22 PM.

Spyder Garage

Regarding Can Am Jackets. Are they true to size ? I have been pondering over purchasing a caliber jacket for the cold weather but I can’t seem to settle on a size. I do not have the luxury to go to a store since there is not one near. Does anyone have any experience with sizing? I’ve looked at the sizing chart and have measured but still unsure. I am 5.4” and 125 lbs. Would like to wear a hoodie underneath as well. Any recommendations?

Spyder Garage

They definitely run smaller than sized, I’m normally a large, but take an xlarge in any can am gear.
    2014 RT-S Pearl White

Spyder Garage

I'm coming late to this party, but I also recommend First Gear.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RenRNspins View Post
    Regarding Can Am Jackets. Are they true to size ? I have been pondering over purchasing a caliber jacket for the cold weather but I can’t seem to settle on a size. I do not have the luxury to go to a store since there is not one near. Does anyone have any experience with sizing? I’ve looked at the sizing chart and have measured but still unsure. I am 5.4” and 125 lbs. Would like to wear a hoodie underneath as well. Any recommendations?
    My wife is same height as you, but 140 and also preferred wearing a hoodie under the can am gear, she went with the large.
    2014 RT-S Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Thank you !!

Spyder Garage

old thread I see -but didn't see freeze out gear mentioned

I discovered freeze out gear a couple of months ago. - https://www.cyclegear.com/freeze-out?query=Freeze%20out

I have helmet liner, long johns & zip up shirt. its been cold in ATL and my only ride. coming home late at night from work freeze out gear and sometimes a pair of chaps I'm toasty

Spyder Garage

Check out "Revzilla", large selection of women's gear. Tom

www.revzilla.com
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

Me, being a Minnesotan, I suggest you take at look at Aerostich textile riding gear. Most, if not all, of their gear is made in Duluth Minnesota. They sew it up, repair it if need be, and sell it right there in-house. They have an extensive sizing chart and will also sew custom sizes. As others have said, good quality riding gear is expensive. But, so are medical bills.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by VitoNam View Post
    Me, being a Minnesotan, I suggest you take at look at Aerostich textile riding gear. Most, if not all, of their gear is made in Duluth Minnesota. They sew it up, repair it if need be, and sell it right there in-house. They have an extensive sizing chart and will also sew custom sizes. As others have said, good quality riding gear is expensive. But, so are medical bills.
    Yes. Aerostitch has a very good rep.

2020 F3L , Magma Red