Spyder Garage

Default Rear and Front Tire Size Brand

Have been looking at threads with opinions on tires and such. Most for the RS are old threads, as most of you have moved on to newer models than my '10 RS (which is new to me). The tires on mine are stock Kendas. There is 5k on the odometer, but with them being 8 years old at this point... thinking I may switch them about before long rides next spring/summer. They look good yet, no signs of undo aging though. For those who have (or had) an RS... what tire sizes did you find worked well front and back... and brands? I saw Lamonster's video on changing the rear without messing up the belt alignment/tension... so think I'll shadetree the installs. Getting ready here in WI to put things to sleep for winter. Thanks!
    Last edited by WisconsinDavid; 10-19-2018 at 05:49 PM.

Spyder Garage

IMO, if you're going to lay it up for the winter, why not leave the eight year old sneakers on it and put on new ones when you bring it out of hibernation. Sorry, I don't know squat about 14" front tires but have 10K plus on a General Altimax 215/60 R15 rear and it has tons of tread left on it; am hoping for at least 19K bfore I have to replace.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Default Re rear tire

Quote Originally Posted by JayBros View Post
    IMO, if you're going to lay it up for the winter, why not leave the eight year old sneakers on it and put on new ones when you bring it out of hibernation. Sorry, I don't know squat about 14" front tires but have 10K plus on a General Altimax 215/60 R15 rear and it has tons of tread left on it; am hoping for at least 19K bfore I have to replace.
    I have the same rear tire 24000miles I run18lbs tire pressure tread depth now at 4/32

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks for the Information

This is an awesome place for a newbie to find good information. I think you are right. Sneaker change will be when springtime is on the horizon. Will replace the rear with the altimax and fronts with the vredestein quatrac 5's. I've read some good reviews of that tire too. Shopping list set. Again, thank you.

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

For the 14" fronts many have run the Bridgestone Potenzas in the stock size and the 215/60r15 size on the rear gives you many options.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

Don't neglect WallyWorld when tire shopping. I got my Altimax from them for $77.57 with free shipping. When the UPS guy delivered it he asked, "Are you expecting more?"
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Highwayman2013 View Post
    For the 14" fronts many have run the Bridgestone Potenzas in the stock size and the 215/60r15 size on the rear gives you many options.
    What do you think of the Potenzas on the rear for wet road traction, Len?
    2014 RTL Platinum