Thread: BRILLIANT VIDEO

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default BRILLIANT VIDEO

I think better title for this post is DON'T BE A DICK
    Last edited by SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN; 10-16-2018 at 09:42 AM.

Spyder Garage

Default The Rest of the Story

Of course, to be fair, the three brothers should have just divided the cost of the gate in three and each brother's share would be $10,000. Here's the script for sequel video that continues the story from that point forward:

Even though the two poorer brothers admitted that it was fair to each pay $10,000, the two poorer brothers sadly had to admit that didn't have enough money to contribute their $10,000. The rich brother screamed at them, "Why don't you get a better paying job!" to which the poorer brothers could only shrug, because the rich brother had already closed the local manufacturing plant that used to provide good-paying jobs. He had shipped all the good-paying jobs to China, greatly increasing his own profit margins.

Just like you can't get blood out of a turnip, the rich brother realized he was never going to get $10,000 each out of the two poorer brothers. Even if their poverty was their own damned fault, they were just too poor. If the gate was ever going to be built, he'd have to get whatever money he could from them and then pay the rest out of his pocket. But that left the rich brother paying far more than his fair share! Furious at the unfairness of his situation, the rich brother decided to sell his house and move to a luxury community more in accordance with his lifestyle. Sadly, the rich brother took a huge loss in selling his house because no one wanted to live in a deteriorating community with no gate and potholed streets. With no alternative, the other two brothers remained behind and soon unemployed minorities began to move into the neighborhood. Eventually the street became a slum with hookers and drug dealers on every corner; everything there was to steal had already been stolen. Realizing the thieves were looking elsewhere, the rich brother and his neighbors in the luxury community now became very frightened that riff-raff might come to their luxury paradise to steal. Living in constant fear, they all armed themselves with AR-15s and installed a luxury gate with a guardhouse, an armed guard and vicious watchdogs. The community decided to split the cost equally; the rich brother's equal share came to $30,000. That was more money than he expected and he felt it was grossly unfair to pay so much when he thought about the CEO down the street who was earning $100 million a year and yet was paying the same amount. Together with an additional $500 a month he was having to divvy up to pay for the guard, the rich brother began to realize that he was not paying many times more money for the "security" than if he had just ponied up an extra share for the gate in the old community, he had also alienated himself from his family. Still angry and upset, he began developing videos to show how unfairly the world had treated him. The end.
    Last edited by johnsimion; 10-16-2018 at 11:41 PM.
    2017 RTS , Blue

Spyder Garage

More political crap.....

This guy just can't obey the rules.....

#sad

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by johnsimion View Post
    Of course, to be fair, the three brothers should have just divided the cost of the gate in three and each brother's share would be $10,000. Here's the script for sequel video that continues the story from that point forward:

Even though the two poorer brothers admitted that it was fair to each pay $10,000, the two poorer brothers sadly had to admit that didn't have enough money to contribute their $10,000. The rich brother screamed at them, "Why don't you get a better paying job!" to which the poorer brothers could only shrug, because the rich brother had already closed the local manufacturing plant that used to provide good-paying jobs. He had shipped all the good-paying jobs to China, greatly increasing his own profit margins.

Just like you can't get blood out of a turnip, the rich brother realized he was never going to get $10,000 each out of the two poorer brothers. Even if their poverty was their own damned fault, they were just too poor. If the gate was ever going to be built, he'd have to get whatever money he could from them and then pay the rest out of his pocket. But that left the rich brother paying far more than his fair share! Furious at the unfairness of his situation, the rich brother decided to sell his house and move to a luxury community more in accordance with his lifestyle. Sadly, the rich brother took a huge loss in selling his house because no one wanted to live in a deteriorating community with no gate and potholed streets. With no alternative, the other two brothers remained behind and soon unemployed minorities began to move into the neighborhood. Eventually the street became a slum with hookers and drug dealers on every corner; everything there was to steal had already been stolen. Realizing the thieves were looking elsewhere, the rich brother and his neighbors in the luxury community now became very frightened that riff-raff might come to their luxury paradise to steal. Living in constant fear, they all armed themselves with AR-15s and installed a luxury gate with a guardhouse, an armed guard and vicious watchdogs. The community decided to split the cost equally; the rich brother's equal share came to $30,000. That was more money than he expected and he felt it was grossly unfair to pay so much when he thought about the CEO down the street who was earning $100 million a year and yet was paying the same amount. Together with an additional $500 a month he was having to divvy up to pay for the guard, the rich brother began to realize that he was not paying many times more money for the "security" than if he had just ponied up an extra share for the gate in the old community, he had also alienated himself from his family. Still angry and upset, he began developing videos to show how unfairly the world had treated him. The end.
    That was brilliant, the video, not so much.
    2015 RTL , Yes Pearl White

Spyder Garage

fun little story but you got one thing wrong, it wasn't that the 2 brothers needed a better paying job they just needed
    to work full time like the rich brother. the video never said they didn't have enough work or were paid less it just said
    they didn't want to work as hard & the wives were lazy and didn't feel they needed to contribute to the family income.
    You also didn't mention that the 2 wives eventually were the hookers & their kids were the ones selling the drugs. (I
    too can make up a silly yet entertaining story too).
    I really did enjoy the story

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Funny how you read things - one wife an office manager, one in real estate and one a stay-at-home mum (thought you'd have approved of that one!)
    - you see this as "lazy" wives who didn't want to contribute...hmm

Oh and which ones ended up as hookers? You didn't say ... The office manager or what?

Oh and whose kids pushed drugs - the rich guy's ?

Yes I get that you're making up a story, but it is most interesting to see the subtext you show...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by loisk View Post
    Funny how you read things - one wife an office manager, one in real estate and one a stay-at-home mum (thought you'd have approved of that one!)
    - you see this as "lazy" wives who didn't want to contribute...hmm

Oh and which ones ended up as hookers? You didn't say ... The office manager or what?

Oh and whose kids pushed drugs - the rich guy's ?

Yes I get that you're making up a story, but it is most interesting to see the subtext you show...
    one wife was part time & the other didn't work. if they really needed the money why didn't they work full time? yes
    i think i did overstate or misstate about the real estate wife & for that i am sorry but i also know people like the ones
    in the story and they always try to show off but don't have the money to do so or the savings for emergencies or their
    future. these people go on vacation a lot & out to dinner a lot eating at cheap places but their house is in need of repair and lease nice cars since they can't afford to buy them.

this thread should not be considered political but social because this is a story that at least i see real people in it.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN View Post
    one wife was part time & the other didn't work. if they really needed the money why didn't they work full time? yes
    i think i did overstate or misstate about the real estate wife & for that i am sorry but i also know people like the ones
    in the story and they always try to show off but don't have the money to do so or the savings for emergencies or their
    future. these people go on vacation a lot & out to dinner a lot eating at cheap places but their house is in need of repair and lease nice cars since they can't afford to buy them.

this thread should not be considered political but social because this is a story that at least i see real people in it.
    I agree that the thread should not be considered political. I find it thought provoking. Even though I parodied the video, I don't even disagree with its basic idea -- the purpose of "the rest of the story" was simply to demonstrate that things are never black-and-white. In real life, we're human beings. We're fallible. We make all sorts of boneheaded decisions that screw up our own lives. In my example, the rich brother thinks he's getting away from those two no-good, worthless brothers of his, no way is he going to pay for their mistakes ... but in the end he does. I think that's realistic even if it's unfair.

The basic concept of the video is that everyone should pay equally. In a perfect world, I would agree with that. However, the current federal budget is $3.8 Trillion. With 320 Million Americans, by my calculations this comes to $11,875 for every man, woman and child in America. That's everyone's fair share according to the video. Now somebody tell me how we are ever going to get $11,875 per person? If you have a family of four, you'd really have to cut your childrens' allowances.

Personally I think people whine and moan way too much about income tax. For years my income has reached the 28% marginal tax bracket, but because of all the deductions and examptions, and because the marginal tax rate only applies to income ABOVE that amount, my actual effective tax rate has never been more than 10%. People hear 33% marginal tax rate and it sounds ridiculously high, but it doesn't even affect anyone whose TAXABLE income (after deductions and exemptions) is OVER $191,651 and then it only applies on each taxable dollar above that amount.
    2017 RTS , Blue

Spyder Garage

I agree that the thread should not be considered political. I find it thought provoking. Even though I parodied the video, I don't even disagree with its basic idea -- the purpose of "the rest of the story" was simply to demonstrate that things are never black-and-white. In real life, we're human beings. We're fallible. We make all sorts of boneheaded decisions that screw up our own lives. In my example, the rich brother thinks he's getting away from those two no-good, worthless brothers of his, no way is he going to pay for their mistakes ... but in the end he does. I think that's realistic even if it's unfair.

The basic concept of the video is that everyone should pay equally. In a perfect world, I would agree with that. However, the current federal budget is $3.8 Trillion. With 320 Million Americans, by my calculations this comes to $11,875 for every man, woman and child in America. That's everyone's fair share according to the video. Now somebody tell me how we are ever going to get $11,875 per person? If you have a family of four, you'd really have to cut your childrens' allowances.

Personally I think people whine and moan way too much about income tax. For years my income has reached the 28% marginal tax bracket, but because of all the deductions and examptions, and because the marginal tax rate only applies to income ABOVE that amount, my actual effective tax rate has never been more than 10%. People hear 33% marginal tax rate and it sounds ridiculously high, but it doesn't even affect anyone whose TAXABLE income (after deductions and exemptions) is OVER $191,651 and then it only applies on each taxable dollar above that amount.
    are you aware that the top 1% is those who make over 300K a year which in ny means a cop & his teacher wife are
    1%'ers.

Very Active Member Fatcycledaddy's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I agree that there is nothing political about this post, it is about how the government treats tax payers differently.
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    More political crap.....

This guy just can't obey the rules.....

#sad
    firefly, aren't you the one who supports illegals in this country even though they are breaking the rules? why when
    you cry foul you break the rules that are good for you?

Spyder Garage

are you aware that the top 1% is those who make over 300K a year which in ny means a cop & his teacher wife are
    1%'ers.
    Well, actually it would be $550K for New York according to what I read on CNBC (the first google hit). According to Forbes (the second google hit), "to be considered in the top 1% of taxpayers nationally,, you'd need an annual income of $480,930." I don't mean to quibble with you about numbers. Certainly the couple earning $300K is doing pretty good, whether they are in the 1% or not. I just don't understand the point you're making.
    2017 RTS , Blue

Spyder Garage

firefly, aren't you the one who supports illegals in this country even though they are breaking the rules? why when
    you cry foul you break the rules that are good for you?
    Say It with Me: It Is Not Illegal to Seek Asylum at the us border.

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Spyder Garage

Well, actually it would be $550K for New York according to what I read on CNBC (the first google hit). According to Forbes (the second google hit), "to be considered in the top 1% of taxpayers nationally,, you'd need an annual income of $480,930." I don't mean to quibble with you about numbers. Certainly the couple earning $300K is doing pretty good, whether they are in the 1% or not. I just don't understand the point you're making.
    the news report on OAN said it was $300 or $300 something unless that was in the 2%, they were talking about the 1% & 2% taxpayer, point being don't victimize those who succeed in life, penalize those who don't try to do so as in welfare cheats, illegals and the lazy.
    Last edited by SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN; 10-18-2018 at 07:13 AM.