Spyder Garage

Default isci Floorboard Kit

Has anyone ordered the ISCI floorboard kit yet? I have the parking brake and the appearance and quality is superior. I ordered the SM5 kit this morning with the "revamped" spider logo. Pricy, but will be an asset to these old bones, and the company seems to be one that takes pride in its product.

Spyder Garage

I saw them in Daytona and I think you will be very happy with the quality.

Spyder Garage

I've exchanged a few emails with Bill and have attached a pic of the extended shifter that he sent along. As you can see it is a quality looking piece as everything else ISCI has shown so far.

Here's my concern and it may just be a (physical) problem that I have.

I stacked scrap 1X6 shelving on the floor to mock up what I thought the ride height of the ISCI floorboards are going to be. For me and maybe me alone I do not have the range of motion in my ankle using the heel as a pivot point on the board to get the ball of my foot onto the extended brake or shift pedals. I would have to lift my foot off the board using very weak thigh - or whatever they are - muscles. This would be especially true to downshift.

Actually, it turns out that I can easily depress the stock bake pedal using my heel and pivoting on the ball of my right foot and I may do a Kliktronic or Pingel to deal with the shifter.

This is not a knock on the ISCI boards as it may be just my physical condition, but I'd be glad to hear from others - including venom21 - about this.

Pete
    Last edited by ptoemmes; 06-08-2009 at 03:59 PM.

Spyder Garage

A few more pics from Bill (Billy) of ISCI. They hope to have the WEB site up by Friday with lots of additional pics.

I'm still weighing pros and cons...although there is little visual doubt that this stuff is top notch.

From Bill...

Floorboard kit for the SE5 (without shifter) $980
    Floorboard kit with shifter $1120
    Highway peg risers $310
    Hand Brake (Price to be determined)

Pete

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ptoemmes View Post
    A few more pics from Bill (Billy) of ISCI. They hope to have the WEB site up by Friday with lots of additional pics.

I'm still weighing pros and cons...although there is little visual doubt that this stuff is top notch.

From Bill...

Floorboard kit for the SE5 (without shifter) $980
    Floorboard kit with shifter $1120
    Highway peg risers $310
    Hand Brake (Price to be determined)

Pete
    The hand brake is a must for me. I have finally got used to not putting my foot down when I stop, but still reach for the hand brake lever every time I start to slow down. Has anyone heard when this will be out?

Spyder Garage

The handbrake looks really sharp - glad they did away with the large white reservoir!

Anyone know pricing yet?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by HD2CANAM View Post
    The hand brake is a must for me. I have finally got used to not putting my foot down when I stop, but still reach for the hand brake lever every time I start to slow down. Has anyone heard when this will be out?
    As soon as my web page is up I can take orders for any item that we offer. Current lead times will be 2-3 weeks. I do have a few rider floor boards in stock.

Billy

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I love the look of there floorboard set-up but after waiting so long I have already gotten used to the stock foot peg now and also done my own foot rest using the NMN foot rest brackets as a base to work with. I would love to get the brake pedal extension if they sold it by itself and when the handle brake kit come out that I will definitely consider it. Does anyone know if they will sell the brake extension pedal alone.

Spyder Garage

Yes, we sell the brake pedal extension alone for $80.00. Call ISCI to order.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Venom21 View Post
    Yes, we sell the brake pedal extension alone for $80.00. Call ISCI to order.

Are you talking about the right brake pedal and not the parking park pedal. Also found out that my 09 SE5 parking brake pedal is shorter that a 08 SM5, what's up with that.