Spyder Garage

Default Jinxed Myself!!!!

You guys gave me good advice on the vacuum lines. Thanks.......................
    Next day, after I stopped after a short ride and tried to start. The screen said: BAD KEY
    Eventually it started. A few hours later using the other key, when I tried to start it. BAD KEY.
    Put it on the trailer Bad key before loading. It has started every one of the twenty times since. Still on trailer.

Battery reads below 12 volts.
    So is it just the battery? Probably a new battery tomorrow. Don't know how old it is.
    Ride safe!

2018 Spyder RT Limited

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Try charging it first to be sure. Not sure how long your Spyder been sitting?

If sitting awhile may just need a charge or take to battery place and have tested.

Very Active Member Snowbelt Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Don't know how old it is? Original maybe? New battery tomorrow sounds like a good idea.
    Last edited by Snowbelt Spyder; 10-11-2018 at 06:41 PM.

Doug

2023 RT Limited, RT 622, BUDS/BUD2 Megatech/Megatronic

”Freedom is not a loophole”

F4 Customs SWCV, Ultimate, Lidlox, Adjustable Side Vents, Leather Like Grips, SS Grills, Centramatic, Garmin XT2, BajaRon Original Sway Bar w/ Lamonster links, P238

Spyder Garage

Default ooouch!!!

There have been a lot of DESS codes that require replacing the ignition switch. They do start with the hit and miss but eventually go bad. Have it checked out with the dealer. Low battery does not give a bad key warning....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

After I got it on the trailer to haul to the dealer the dang thing fired up. With both keys. Every time. But I hauled it to the dealer the next day.

The machine showed NO codes. They updated the ECU and installed a new battery. The tech said he has seen a low battery cause that problem. So all is fine for now.

On the bright side: I brought two pieces of vacuum line cut to length with me. Since the tech had that left side off he installed the new vacuum hoses for me. No charge.
    Ride safe!

2018 Spyder RT Limited