Spyder Garage

Default 2018 F3 Limited White pearl paintjob

I have noticed that the "White Pearl" paintjob on my Spyder looks mottled. First I thought it was dirt that I was seeing, but after cleaning and polishing it it looks the same. It is mostly visible on the frunk lid.
    I don't know if I should make a case of it with the dealer/BRP, or just ignore it. It's frustrating, though.
    2018 F3 Limited , White pearl

Spyder Garage

You should not accept anything that is not perfect on the paint. you paid good $ for the Spyder, so I would go back to the dealer and tell them that they need to correct this. BRP can send new panels to fix this.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

For sure. Make a stink... make sure they fix it.

Spyder Garage

BRP can either fix the paint or replace the lid.

Spyder Garage

Another card on the pile for fix or replace the offending part. Way to expensive to tolerate a bad paint job.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Me too!!

I have a Pearl White 2017 F3T purchased new from dealer this July and the edge of the frunk has like a off color tint. I kept thinking it was just me but know I think it's the paint job. I'm going in to the dealer soon to have lights added, I am definitely going to bring it to their attention.

Spyder Garage

Spyders carry a premium price and the quality should be there when new.
    2012 RT-SE5

Spyder Garage

Things may have changed, but the warranty on my 2013 RTL expressly excluded paint flaws.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

Contact your dealer. You didn't get a special discount for imperfect pain. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hrdware101 View Post
    I have noticed that the "White Pearl" paintjob on my Spyder looks mottled. First I thought it was dirt that I was seeing, but after cleaning and polishing it it looks the same. It is mostly visible on the frunk lid.
    I don't know if I should make a case of it with the dealer/BRP, or just ignore it. It's frustrating, though.
    I finally had a chance to bring the Spyder to the dealer yesterday, to look at the paint job.
    Luckily, they were able to see for themselves that I was not making this up, and the paint is definitely mottled (it's like slightly darker "clouds" in the white paint). They took pictures and opened a case file with BRP. First, the service manager suggested that maybe the manufacturer will have the paint "touched up". I told him that I am not going to accept that, as the bike is brand new and I don't want to settle for a crappy paint job. Ultimately, he conceded that BRP should replace the panels.
    We'll see what happens.
    2018 F3 Limited , White pearl