Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderSkeets View Post
    Yuneec Typhoon H for this.

I also have the DJI Mavic Air and Mavic 2 Zoom, but they don't follow nearly as good as the Typhoon H
    I’d be interested in knowing, with multiple drones, what you have found them to be good or not so good at. I’d love to get into hobby droning. I only have a palm size right now.
    2015 RTL , Yes Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderCruiser View Post
    I own a Mavic and Mavic2 pro. There is a mode where it will follow the transmitter (think it uses the gps in the phone), it was a firmware update. I have not tried it out yet.
    Very nice video, enjoyed it.
    The DJIGo app has a follow mode, but it is based on optics where it follows what you select on the display. If it visually loses what it is trying to follow, it stops following.
    There is another app, called Litchi which follows the controller via GPS. It works better than the DJI app, but it is still not as good as the Typhoon H follow
    SpyderSkeets
    Ashburn, VA
    2017 F3-T SE6

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rick H. View Post
    All I can say/add is that I greatly enjoyed your video. I didn't know what to expect when I opened it up, but it was very enjoyable. What happens if for some reason you loose contact with your drone while you are moving? Will it fly to a pre-determined spot and land? Thanks again...

Rick H.
    Thanks for the compliment. As far as losing contact, it is pretty rare, but if it does, it actually depends on which drone. Some drones will RTH (Return to Home) where it took off from. The one I used for this has Dynamic Return to Home which will go to wherever the controller is. If it somehow loses connection to the controller, it will just hover in place, IF the drone still has connection to GPS. If it loses GPS connection, which (knock on wood) has never happened to me, it would probably fly away or crash
    SpyderSkeets
    Ashburn, VA
    2017 F3-T SE6

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by LeftCoast View Post
    I’d be interested in knowing, with multiple drones, what you have found them to be good or not so good at. I’d love to get into hobby droning. I only have a palm size right now.
    Of the three that I have, each one has it good qualities over the other. For doing a follow video like mine, the Typhoon H is best in my opinion. The camera on the Typhoon H is also on the bottom of the drone, and the landing gear goes up, so you have full unobstructed view. However, the Typhoon H is a lot bigger than the others I have, so it is quite inconvenient to transport. If I had to choose only one of the three that I own, I prob would pick the DJI Mavic 2.
    SpyderSkeets
    Ashburn, VA
    2017 F3-T SE6

Spyder Garage

Default thanks skeets

thanks for the ride / fly along !

Spyder Garage

Very interesting, as well as entertaining.

You use the term "following" to describe the activity of the drone as it films you as you ride the Spyder through the countryside... yet, in the positional relationship between the drone and the bike, it is not always, or constantly, behind you; sometimes the drone was actually ahead and leading you, while at other moments it was beside you. Knowing absolutely nothing about these gadgets and being highly unsavvy tech-wise, I assume you must have to program in the 'follow' or relative 'positional' mode. Do you do this in advance? can you change over on the fly? or do you stop and reset? Your video had a very nice, smooth transition throughout. You must spend lots of time and effort editing film afterwards - again something I know next to nothing about. Just wondering how complicated all this is?

Found it all highly enjoyable. Thanks for sharing.
    [SIGPIC]
    2017 F3 Ltd. Intense Red Pearl/Metallic Black topside
    2017 F3Limited , lowered brake pedal Intense Red Pearl w. Metallic Black topside

Spyder Garage

Wow. Love the video. So cool. Thanks for sharing.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bushrat View Post
    Very interesting, as well as entertaining.

You use the term "following" to describe the activity of the drone as it films you as you ride the Spyder through the countryside... yet, in the positional relationship between the drone and the bike, it is not always, or constantly, behind you; sometimes the drone was actually ahead and leading you, while at other moments it was beside you. Knowing absolutely nothing about these gadgets and being highly unsavvy tech-wise, I assume you must have to program in the 'follow' or relative 'positional' mode. Do you do this in advance? can you change over on the fly? or do you stop and reset? Your video had a very nice, smooth transition throughout. You must spend lots of time and effort editing film afterwards - again something I know next to nothing about. Just wondering how complicated all this is?

Found it all highly enjoyable. Thanks for sharing.
    Thanks! Actually, when I used the term "following", that was incorrect. I should have used "watching". On the Typhoon H, "follow" will allow the drone to follow your movements, but the camera would not be facing you. "Watch" will follow your movements while keeping the camera on you. As far as the way it moves in front of me, or to the side, well, that is pretty much just random luck. The drone will go where it wants to go, keeping the same height and relative distance"
    SpyderSkeets
    Ashburn, VA
    2017 F3-T SE6

Spyder Garage

Great video, awesome, I didn't know the drones did that, beautiful roads and scenery.