Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Positive comments about Spyders

Guys,
    We need some good positives Threads about Spyders put on this site sometimes! Each time I get on it, everyone has problems, and bashing occurs about their Spyder or BRP. Some of you Guys with high mileage on them and with few problems, please let us know! New people reading our site will not want to buy a Spyder after seeing all the bad problems we are writing about on here! Hopefully we can have a blend of some good and some of the bad! I am not bashing anyone, because I have ask for help several times and all of you came to my rescue! Thank you so much for sharing your experiences with me and others!

Spyder Garage

It is the nature of the beast. Most dedicated websites will have more complaints about the product across the board. Those with no problems--seem to have no reason to post.

I have had five spyders, was the first customer to buy one here in AK. Have not put more than 36K on any of them--due to trade off
    itis. 2014 was the end of that. I do have 140,000 plus miles on all combined. NEVER a major problem. All bought from the same dealer. The satisfaction has been up and down.

Alaska now has NO selling dealer. They say they will work on them for the next two years. If I stay here, I will have to get out of Spyder ownership. I am not skilled enough to maintain or fix.

So here, you have a little good, and a little bad. Again.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 10-11-2018 at 06:11 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Good and Bad

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    It is the nature of the beast. Most dedicated websites will have more complaints about the product across the board. Those with no problems--seem to have no reason to post.

I have had five spyders, was the first customer to buy one here in AK. Have not put more than 36K on any of them--due to trade off
    itis. 2014 was the end of that. I do have 140,000 plus miles on all combined. NEVER a major problem. All bought from the same dealer. The satisfaction has been up and down.

Alaska now has NO selling dealer. They say they will work on them for the next two years. If I stay here, I will have to get out of Spyder ownership. I am not skilled enough to maintain or fix.

So here, you have a little good, and a little bad. Again.
    Thanks!!!!

Spyder Garage

Gotta say bashing may be bit harsh (moderator removes those accordingly), I may just be wrong (often am) but the complaints I read & or have posted are more for awareness . Some dealers become targets after blatantly treating a customer poorly & as a spyder community we support our people & the dealers that treat us right.
    Aggravation with tires or the selection of preferred oil does pop up often some in jest some just getting to know, the farkle threads or trips & routes hopefully stand out more.
    Well to the right people, someone (bad mood or experience) looking for bad that's bout all they can see & they don't to come poison us. So Miles of smiles ahead
    next up : SPYDERS IN THE HILLS

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by south GA Farm Boy View Post
    Guys,
    We need some good positives Threads about Spyders put on this site sometimes! Each time I get on it, everyone has problems, and bashing occurs about their Spyder or BRP. Some of you Guys with high mileage on them and with few problems, please let us know! New people reading our site will not want to buy a Spyder after seeing all the bad problems we are writing about on here! Hopefully we can have a blend of some good and some of the bad! I am not bashing anyone, because I have ask for help several times and all of you came to my rescue! Thank you so much for sharing your experiences with me and others!
    good comment. I'm on my 4th Spyder (2018 RT Limited) and nothing but good things to say about all of the units I have had. they are a great riding machine. my saddle mate and I ride whenever possible and we also are the co-founders of NISR (Nebraska Iowa Spyder Ryders) with 80+ members...
    BIG F

Spyder Garage

I was glad to see this post. It gives me the opportunity to heap some praise on my dealer, Edwards Motorsports in Council Bluffs Iowa. My buying and service experience there has been "top-Notch". Justin Carter in Sales exceeded my expectations in trade negotiations and securing the deal. He has continued to maintain contact with me making sure that I am satisfied with my purchase. LJay Kruse, the service manager has always treated me with fairness, friendliness, and honesty. I had a downshifting issue like others have had on this site, and he made sure that just as soon as the replacement parts became available, he was on the phone to me setting up the appointment to get the job done. His technician did a great job of getting me back on the road quickly. It shifts better now than it ever did. I believe that they can be as frustrated as we are sometimes when dealing with BRP and their quirky parts distribution and customer service. I am happy with my Spyder (it is my second one after years of Harley ownership in between), and I am equally happy with my Can-Am dealership. I hope most of you are too. One last thing. When I go into their dealership, they recognize me, and greet my by name. I think that is super customer service.

Spyder Garage

Default love my f3t

due to a mild disability, could never ride a bike, moped, etc. , (ok with caged) this 8 month old spyder has given me the ability for the first time in my life to be with the wind in my face, sun warmth all around, and the thrill of open road--today got over to the beach on an incredibly warm october day in the northeast--so far so good and bless bombadier, imotorsports, and all you good informative folks who have been educating me for about 3 years now--

Guys,

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Keep it simple

Our 08 GS has never needed a laser alignment and doesn't exhibit abnormal tire wear, it has never gone into limp mode, and other than a dead battery, rock thru the belt (even with the belt guard), and leaky exhaust gasket, it has never left us stranded.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable: 09 Thruxton / 09 FZ6
    Sold List: 97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport Dark, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 08 Spyder RS , 12 Street TripleR, 15 RC390, 02 VFR800, 09 KLX250S, 10 F650GS
    JLohPhotos
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...
    2008 GS , Millennium Yellow

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have had my 2015 Spyder RT now for a little over one year. I really enjoy riding it. Have been riding motorcycles for 63 years. It had 10,000 miles on it when I purchased it and now have about 20,000 miles on it. Only problem I have had was the DRESS modular which I changed out myself. I have replaced the tires with car tires and replace the sway bar. Other than that I have just did the regular service myself. My Spyder has never been in a dealers shop anywhere. I don't even know where I would take it if I had a problem. It runs and handles great.
    2021 RT Limited
    Asphalt Grey
    Lamonster RT phone mount
    Sena SMH-10
    Lamonster Belt Tensioner w/ larger roller
    Spyderpops Missing Belt Guard
    Garmin's GPS

Spyder Garage

Default All Positive

Just traded in my 2013 RT Limited (bought new) 2+ months ago for a 2017 F3 Limited (new off showroom). The RTL, despite all the negative comments about that year's issues, ran like a champ for 5 years (34,000 miles). Only a few minor concerns along the way. My dealer, Holzhauer Pro Motorsports, in Nashville, IL, has always taken care of me and treated me fairly, to the point that after looking at other dealers, I traded the 13 in for the 2017 F3L at Holzhauer . Thanks to Rick, Service Manager, and Cody, Technician, issues and service have almost always been handled properly. Two things I'll miss with that bike is the high RPM's and the electric windshield.
    The 2017 F3 Limited is an awesome machine, although different in some respects. Already have 2,500 miles on it and tons of farkles (more waiting to be put on). I look forward to another 5+ years with this new bike and have all the confidence that it will perform as well, or better, than my 2013 RTL.
    Original: 2013 RT-Limited Pearl White (Bought New 07/2013 Traded @ 34,000 Miles)
    Current: 2017 F3-Limited Pure Magnesium Metallic (Bought New 07/2018)
    Current: 2020 RT-Limited Petrol Metallic Blue

Spyder Garage

The wife and i have truly enjoyed our Spyder. We have had a few problems, nothing has left us stranded. We get on it and ride. As i am typing this we are on a trip exploring the White Mountains and up state Vermont. 62,000 miles and counting.....
    New to Sue and I
    2021, LTD, Asphalt Gray, 22,000 miles
    Gone but not forgotten
    RTS 2011 SM5, 95,000 miles

Spyder Garage

Default Best three wheeler out

These are the fountain of youth! We meet people every day who ride Spyders, who are 60,70,80 years old! Wind therapy! I can’t say enough good things about these! There are no better three wheel roadsters.
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

We bought a 2015 base model RT new in January of 2017. We now have 24,000 trouble free miles on it. 7JU-Rock shield, car tires, Doc's tensioner, and xm radio are the added items. I have more than one bike, but the Spyder is our two up touring mount. My dealer is Honda, Suzuki, Can Am of Jackson, Ohio and I am satisfied with them although they rarely see me because I have always performed maintenance on my own machines and I work on my own Spyder as well.
    2015 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Trouble free

Our 2014 RTS has been trouble free other that poor dealer prep( which was promptly taken care of). Like others, it doesn't see the dealer as I too do my own maintenance ( just did the yearly oil and filter service in preparation for winter storage)

Lew L
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Positive comment

I have a 2014 RTSS form CowtownUSA in Cuba, MO. I just turned 17K mi.
    Spyder has been great, dealer even better.
    One of the best decisions I ever made.
    2014 RTSS , Cogna/ black

Spyder Garage

Default Positive Comments

I have been riding since 1970 and I ride pretty much every day. Current bike is a 2017 RTL that I bought with 60 miles on it last December. I purchased the bike after putting a bunch of miles on a gold wing. I absolutely love the Spyder. It may not ride like a traditional bike but it is defiantly safer. I hit a deer at 50 mph on June 6th and was able to ride the bike home. I couldn't ride it for 2 months during the rebuilding process and the only injury I sustained was a torn rotator cuff the will be repaired in a couple of weeks. Had I been on the gold wing I would have likely been killed.

Rod

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

We just turned 60,000 miles on our 13 RT Limited, and we are close to 30,000 miles on the F3L. We have not had any significant issues with either machine, just one little wear and tear issue at 55,000 on the RT. Oh and we have a great dealer, Elk Grove Power Sports!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

Default Positive comment

We have had 4 RTLs including the 2014 and 2016 we are now riding , our first Spyder was a 2013 RTL and we put 35,000 miles on it the first year and the only trouble was out of the gate a bad throttle assembly which was replaced under warranty. I had a sensor that was covered in mud and road git on my 2014 that sent it into limp-mode, but other than that we have had nearly 100,000 combined miles of trouble free riding. More often than not, I'm pulling a 430 lb. pop up tent trailer and still have no issues .
    After I retire this winter we are looking forward to some serious riding this spring and summer.
    Glacier Park Ride 009.jpg
    2014 RTL , Black Currant

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Some of you Guys with high mileage on them and with few problems

Some of you Guys with high mileage on them and with few problems
    Why not say "NO" problems.
    Why is that when people ride a lot they are expected to have problems.
    I had over 31,000 trouble free miles till I was towed.
    I haven't had any other problems since then...…….CUZ MY BIKE IS STILL IN THE FRIGGIN SHOP!

I'm not expecting another mechanical failure......CUZ I CANT RIDE A BIKE THATS BEING FRIGGIN REPAIRED

Guys,

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Still Loving It!

I love riding my Spyder. If not raining and streets are clear, I ride for most errands as well as some long trips. I'd still be riding my 2010 RT if I hadn't had a crash. Now piling up miles on my 2016RT-L. Really like the semi-automatic feature. Love the great brakes!
    ~Sandee~

~Sandee~
    2016 RT-L (Purchased used in February 2018)
    RT Dash Mount (from JT's Spyder Store)
    Kuryakin Trident Highway Pegs
    Hopnel Pouch
    Magic Mirrors
    Spyderpops Foam Handgrips
    Iron Butt #35273
    Girls on Spyders #2779

Spyder Garage

Been 10 years off bikes due to injury ,
    Couldn't throw a leg over 2 wheels any longer nor worry bout balancing at a stop .
    Picked up 2018 F3-S manual and couldn't be happier to be back in the wind .
    Only a month in , 2500 miles up and no complaints at all .
    Did the Baja ron bar and laser alignment up at Spyderquest ,
    which was a great induction to the spyder tribe .
    added the brake pedal mod from roadsterrenovations , so basically no lift
    to engage brake pedal . Just need to add the isci handbrake conversion
    and l'll be set .

Definitely an attention getter nothing but positive reactions from the
    non riding population , Get way more waves back from Harley riders
    than ever did on my Sportbike ,{still wearing the same Aerostitch from way back when} even .

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks for all the positive comments!

Guys,
    Thanks for all the positive comments, and successfully miles you have ridden your Spyders! Hope some of the people visiting our site had the opportunity to see good things are happening with Spyders! I appreciate all of you!

Spyder Garage

Default HAPPY OWNER

I bought my 7 th in August . Only service and tires have been done on all the previous .

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm so happy you have achieved that warm fuzzy feeling as will I when my bike is back from being repaired.

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

'S help keep down the annoying insect population