Spyder Garage

Default Riding in Fredericksburg area

Now that the weather is cooling down, anyone interested in meeting up and doing some day trips or even longer trips, give me a shout. Recently lost my long time riding buddy due to medical condition. Whereas we all ride solo a lot, fun to do some exploring with another rider or 2. I am retired, so can ride weekdays, as well as weekends. If interested, send me a private message and we can exchange phone numbers and and email as I am not always good about checking the boards.

Spyder Garage

If you are able to, you should come down to Maggie Valley for the meet this week. It officially starts on Wednesday, but my wife and I are heading down on Monday morning.
    2016 F3T SM6 - Wife's Bike - Blank Canvas
    2017 Kawasaki Concours 14
    2016 Victory Magnum - Mods in progress
    2013 Suzuki M109R - Has a few mods

Spyder Garage

Default Maggie Valley

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon View Post
    If you are able to, you should come down to Maggie Valley for the meet this week. It officially starts on Wednesday, but my wife and I are heading down on Monday morning.
    I have a reservation beginning Thursday. Looking at weather, looks like a good chance of rain there until Saturday. I had planned to leave Wednesday and take two days to get there, riding off interstates and enjoying a slower pace with riding buddy. But alas, he is in hospital, so I may trailer down on Thursday in the rain and hope that Friday isn't rainning all day.

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Default Rain?, What rain?

Quote Originally Posted by FlyboyOBX View Post
    I have a reservation beginning Thursday. Looking at weather, looks like a good chance of rain there until Saturday. I had planned to leave Wednesday and take two days to get there, riding off interstates and enjoying a slower pace with riding buddy. But alas, he is in hospital, so I may trailer down on Thursday in the rain and hope that Friday isn't rainning all day.
    I rode down to M/V in the rain from Winchester with my brother. Had a great time. I ride through Fredricksburg often to visit family in Front Royal/Winchester. I too like the two lanes better and have been exploring the middle and upper pennusulas lately. If I knew how to PM you I would.

Spyder Garage

I ended up not going yo Maggie valley. I ride between Warrenton and Front Royal a lot. Have parents property (now my property) not far from Washington VA. Trying to sell it as am tired of bush hogging it

Just go to notifications and not hard to send message.

May take the spyder to Nags Head sometime, if I ever get time to get to my cottage there. When I would ride my motorcycle down, would cut through dismal swamp to Sunberry and over to Camden. Nice roads.

Quote Originally Posted by SpdrDvr View Post
    I rode down to M/V in the rain from Winchester with my brother. Had a great time. I ride through Fredricksburg often to visit family in Front Royal/Winchester. I too like the two lanes better and have been exploring the middle and upper pennusulas lately. If I knew how to PM you I would.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by FlyboyOBX View Post
    I ended up not going yo Maggie valley. I ride between Warrenton and Front Royal a lot. Have parents property (now my property) not far from Washington VA. Trying to sell it as am tired of bush hogging it

Just go to notifications and not hard to send message.

May take the spyder to Nags Head sometime, if I ever get time to get to my cottage there. When I would ride my motorcycle down, would cut through dismal swamp to Sunberry and over to Camden. Nice roads.
    The BBQ is great at the Little Inn of Washington, awesome cookies too! I stay off of 95 & 64 as much and as often as I can. There are some good rides on the upper peninsula along the Potomac. Riding 211 & 522 through Spearyville, Culpepper, down and around Richmond and the 460 back to H.R. I went through Sunbury on my way home from M/V via Matthews, N.C. across 158.

Spyder Garage

My wife and I, both retired, are seriously considering moving to Fredericksburg. I ride a Can Am Spyder RT Limited, and I want to continue riding there. Prefer to ride with others - safer that way. Also will need to learn the good roads there. Hoping that will be possible. Not ready to stop riding yet. I have been riding about 12 years - 10 on a Wing and 2 on my Can AM. FYI, we currently live Southlake, TX (in the Fort Worth, TX area) but prior to that we lived in Vienna, VA for 18 years. Retired and moved to TX. Time to get closer to one of our daughters who lives in Fall Church, VA. Love to ride. Hope you are still riding. Either way, what can you tell me about riding groups in Fredericksburg? Currently I ride with a group made up of mostly of Wings and Harleys. Went on a 300 mile ride with 30 other riders this past weekend. It was 68 degrees and sunny. I was the only Can AM rider, but had no problem holding my own. The Can Am riders in this area (and there are a lot) seem more interested in fixing up there bikes with lights and all kinds of accessories. I like to ride and have experience in planning and leading rides. Hope to hear form you. If you want to continue this dialogue, perhaps we can share emails. I do not have any experience in using this method to continue a discussion. Hope to hear from you. Bob S

Spyder Garage

Default Little checking.....

There are, according to the members list, 14 of you in your area. Also check the home page upper left for groups and clubs...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Have u moved to the burg yet? Send me a pm and we can exchange email

Spyder Garage

Hello everyone,

Anybody out riding on weekends? I’m excited to see the weather break soon.....I’m looking forward to logging some serious miles.