Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Just Pre-Ordered My Ryker!

I will be getting a Ryker as soon as they are available. Should be very interesting. Never seen one in person. And, of course, never ridden one. So I will be hanging on every word posted by those who are fortunate enough to do so... UNTIL, I get mine to ride!

I have to say, if nothing else. The price is certainly right. I've got a feeling I'm going to enjoy this one!

Ryker6.jpg
    Last edited by BajaRon; 10-03-2018 at 08:06 PM.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

:Twin; or the triple?congrats:
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    There is no 'Ryker' forum yet.
    Down near the bottom, just above Testing and Forum Support.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

I will be getting a Ryker as soon as they are available. Should be very interesting.

Ryker6.jpg
    I'm sorely tempted to see how I can financially manage to get one. I want to ride Idaho mountain gravel roads!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.

Spyder Garage

Spyderpops has taken one for a ride.
    He like it and order one.
    4" Stubby antenna, Dual arm LEDs Fender LEDs, Back Rest, Luggage Rack, Run, Brake and Strobe for top case, Mirror LEDs,Back Off decal on mud flap, reciptal for Battery Tender and Heated Gear, mirror LEDs that stay on or work with blinkers, GPS, side bag red LEDs, Top cuff with Ram Ball phone holder And USB power, Top cuff with drink holder and passenger cup holder. Also grilles in front of radiators, also spyclops. Garmin 595 GPS, Freedom windshield. Also glove box console And trunk wrap in carbon fiber from wrap my spyder. BRP comfort seat. added garage opener with rocker switch in center console to match other switches. And I have added Elka stage 2 shocks.
    15 rt , yes Black

Spyder Garage

We will be waiting to here what you think.

There is a Ryker forum: See below:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/f...8-Can-Am-Ryker

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Congrats,

Interested to hear what you think after a while.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    We will be waiting to here what you think.

There is a Ryker forum: See below:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/f...8-Can-Am-Ryker
    OK, there IS! a 'Ryker' forum. That's what I get for being in a hurry. I didn't scroll down far enough. My bad!

Guess just too anxious to post after putting my money down at the dealership. Please forgive me!
    Last edited by BajaRon; 10-03-2018 at 08:11 PM.

Spyder Garage

OK, there IS! a 'Ryker' forum. That's what I get for being in a hurry. I didn't scroll down far enough. Figured once I got to the 'Off Topic' listing it wasn't there. My bad!

Guess just too anxious to post after putting my money down at the dealership. Please forgive me!
    If anyone would know if the Sway Bar is an easy install on it you will- I bet they made it easy to install like the rest of the machine???

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge707 View Post
    If anyone would know if the Sway Bar is an easy install on it you will- I bet they made it easy to install like the rest of the machine???
    Knowing BRP.... probably a different swaybar size... so Ron will have to come up with yet another version......

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Spyder Garage

Default congratulations....🎉🎉🎉

Lucky you... I'm sure your gonna have with it...It's just the waiting you have to endure...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

So Ron, did you order the Rally version?? Or a 600 Twin?
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

And there-in lies the ulterior motive! Not that I didn't want one anyway. $12k is a lot of money just to access a sway bar. It was much easier when Lamont lived just down the road and I had access to everything BRP.

I did order the upgrade swaybar $149.00. The dealer was working up a labor cost for the install. The Ryker comes with no upgrades from the factory. Any upgrade, (grips, sway bar, lighting, accent panels, etc.,) are installed at the dealership and it looks like there is a labor charge for all of it. I told them, 'Don't worry about it. I think I can install the swaybar myself'.

I will be testing an upgrade swaybar for the Ryker. I will not produce one unless it affords a good deal of benefit. I know when the F3 came out, everyone was saying it didn't need a sway bar. But as people got comfortable on the F3 and started pushing the limits, things changed. We'll see if it is the same with the Ryker.

But honestly. I'd trade it all in for a healthy Lamont.

Spyder Garage

The picture he posted was of a Rally Edition- If you watch the Latest Snowcat video you can see why I told my dealer to save one for my- Deposit as soon as I sit on it!!! From One review I read the Rally tires are NOT as good on Backroad twisties as the Normal 900 tires- Since I have NO off road places available I am getting the Normal 900. The BRP swaybar is $149 and said to be 33% stiffer IF you need it.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    So Ron, did you order the Rally version?? Or a 600 Twin?
    It will be the Rally, 900cc Triple version. As mentioned, the wheels are an easy give-away as to which version it is. I don't plan to be going off road with this. And frankly, I don't think, in any configuration, that you're going to be able to do any real off roading with the Ryker anyway. You're going to get stuck if you try.

Basically, with the driveshaft, you will simply be avoiding any drive belt damage running down a gravel road. I suppose it depends on your definition of 'Off-Roading'. But there really isn't any way to get enough traction out of a single drive wheel to do (what I would consider) even mild off-roading. Not to mention ground clearance to a rather fragile muffler. The Ryker is simply not an off-road vehicle.

But I am, in no way, complaining about this. Just a curious way to market the vehicle. I think it will definitely disappoint anyone who thinks otherwise. I am pretty sure the
    Ryker will do everything I want it to.
    Last edited by BajaRon; 10-04-2018 at 08:01 AM.

Spyder Garage

I went to my dealer yesterday to look at a Ryker. Silly me, I didn't phone ahead. They won't have one for customers to look at until end of Nov & this is in the province in which they are made.
    Wanted to look at an absolutely bare bones 600 twin. This model is $11,300CAD here + 15% tax.
    The bare bones 900 triple is $13,300CAD + taxes
    Am waiting for a trade in price for my 2008 GS.
    2008 GS SM5, Full Moon Silver
    2007 Piaggio MP3 - 250cc

Spyder Garage

https://www.youtube.com/user/BRPServiceVideo/videos

All the add ons are very easy to install per these BRP videos . Sway bar I will wait and see after driving a few months.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by oldgoat View Post
    I went to my dealer yesterday to look at a Ryker. Silly me, I didn't phone ahead. They won't have one for customers to look at until end of Nov & this is in the province in which they are made.
    Wanted to look at an absolutely bare bones 600 twin. This model is $11,300CAD here + 15% tax.
    The bare bones 900 triple is $13,300CAD + taxes
    Am waiting for a trade in price for my 2008 GS.
    Yeah, same here on the westcoast. I was at my dealers yesterday, and they are supposed to have one, the Rally 1300, in November, and ready for test drives....weather permitting of course. Same pricing.
    Bruce

2014 RTS-SE6
    Tri-Axis Handlebars
    Sena BT Dongle
    Sirius Radio
    Dash bar
    Show Chrome Trunk Rack

"You know that a politician is lying if his lips are moving"

Spyder Garage

It will be the Rally, 900cc Triple version. As mentioned, the wheels are an easy give-away as to which version it is. I don't plan to be going off road with this. And frankly, I don't think, in any configuration, that you're going to be able to do any real off roading with the Ryker anyway. You're going to get stuck if you try.

Basically, with the driveshaft, you will simply be avoiding any drive belt damage running down a gravel road. I suppose it depends on your definition of 'Off-Roading'. But there really isn't any way to get enough traction out of a single drive wheel to do (what I would consider) even mild off-roading. Not to mention ground clearance to a rather fragile muffler. The Ryker is simply not an off-road vehicle.

But I am, in no way, complaining about this. Just a curious way to market the vehicle. I think it will definitely disappoint anyone who thinks otherwise. I am pretty sure the
    Ryker will do everything I want it to.
    I don't think BRP has ever really marketed it as an "off road vehicle" (as in trails). I think we (the general public) have done that.
    This is the marketing I've read on their site: Not all roads are created equal, so from paved to unpaved and everywhere in between, feel comfortable taking your ride out for a rip wherever you want. Reinforced rims, front grill protection, skid plate, and integrated handguards help it stand out in a crowd, and make it a true contender for the path less taken.

Last edited by Michaelscs; 10-04-2018 at 09:41 PM.
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

https://www.youtube.com/user/BRPServiceVideo/videos

All the add ons are very easy to install per these BRP videos . Sway bar I will wait and see after driving a few months.
    Interesting that they do not mention the sway bar upgrade install....

Quote Originally Posted by Michaelscs View Post
    I don't think BRP has ever really marketed it as an "off road vehicle" (as in trails). I think we (the general public) have done that.
    This is the marketing I've read on their site: Not all roads are created equal, so from paved to unpaved and everywhere in between, feel comfortable taking your ride out for a rip wherever you want. Reinforced rims, front grill protection, skid plate, and integrated handguards help it stand out in a crowd, and make it a true contender for the path less taken.ken.
    Definitely depends on your definition of 'Off-Road'. And I agree that rumor has tended to exaggerate BRP's intended message. Though they do not go to any extra effort to define what can be expected.

By the way. Love the invisible text in your post. Is that subliminal?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Michaelscs View Post
    This is the marketing I've read on their site: Not all roads are created equal, so from paved to unpaved and everywhere in between, feel comfortable taking your ride out for a rip wherever you want. Reinforced rims, front grill protection, skid plate, and integrated handguards help it stand out in a crowd, and make it a true contender for the path less taken.
    Dual sport bikes, which is what I think the Ryker is partially aimed at competing with, are not trail bikes either, in the usual since of the meaning. Dual sport bikes aren't "off road" bikes per se.

2014 Copper RTS

Spyder Garage

RE: Factory Accessories

Much the same seems to be happening with BRP products over the years. When first introduced--bare bones and very few or very expensive add ons from the factory.

I have purchased aftermarket floorboards, trunk lights, hard bags, trunk etc. As the company sees most people adding these items, the company starts supplying them at extra cost to the basic units.

Unfortunately, it puts some of the aftermarket manufacturers in a bad place with their sales.

Remember when we used to buy a basic bike from the dealer and then "Vetterize" it with fairings, bags, trunk, lights, etc?
    Most accessories for the new Ryker can now be ordered as factory add ons.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 10-04-2018 at 02:52 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

[QUOTE]=Michaelscs;1395881]I don't think BRP has ever really marketed it as an "off road vehicle" (as in trails). I think we (the general public) have done that.

What they are really saying is that you no longer have to worry about whether you want to go down this or that Gravel Driveway or Road or anything like that. The road to my house where we used to live was a 3 mile, unmaintained dirt/gravel/rock road. With the new Ryker, going down it would be no more of a worry than when riding it on my BMW's. Lots of friends with HD's would visit and they were super careful with their belt drive. The Ryker will be just as easy and worry free as my Beemers.
    Dean O
    Gran Pa Hoon
    Founder San Jose BMW
    Builder of the Motorcyclist Cafe Barn and Bunkhouse
    Alamogordo, NM

'20 Spyder F3 L

Spyder Garage

Interesting that they do not mention the sway bar upgrade install....

Definitely depends on your definition of 'Off-Road'. And I agree that rumor has tended to exaggerate BRP's intended message. Though they do not go to any extra effort to define what can be expected.

By the way. Love the invisible text in your post. Is that subliminal?
    Ron- The fiche is up for Ryker in BRP Parts BUT no nomenclature or Cost. I think the sway bar may attach like the old GS/RT. Hard to tell from Fiche but it doesn't look boxed in like the F3?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I got to sit on one today, may be able to test ride it tomorrow.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622