Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default A matching pair (somewhat)

I have really been loving this F3T for the past 17 months, but really still like to hit the 2 wheels when riding alone sometimes. So last fall I picked up a Suzuki Boulevard M109. This is a very familar bike to me, as I have owned an 06, 07, 08, and now a 13. But of all the bikes that I have owned, there is one that I never got a chance to call mine. It is a 2nd. Generation Vmax. I test rode my first one the same year that I picked up my 2014 RT. And just like with the F3T, I couldn't stop smiling and had to have one. Well I decided to start back my mission to aquire one. This week, I will be receiving my deposit on the M109, and hopefully going to pick up this 2010 Vmax when I get back from Spyderadventures. I just got a fresh set of pictures and a video from the owner and think that it will get along well in the stable with the spyder.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Best of both worlds. And...like you said...look good together.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default congratulations....🎉🎉🎉

Not identical twins but close.... you will have a good time with them both....enjoy...zoom, zoom
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Enjoy.

Spyder Garage

I’m starting to think you sell more 9’s than most dealerships!

That is one one heck of a replacement for the 9 tho! Do me a favor... don’t let me ride it. If you do, I’m afraid I’ll be adding another bike to the stable. The V-Max is a bike I’ve always wanted but never bought.

That color will go perfectly with your F3T. The one that really caught my eye most recently is pictured below. I normally always want at least a little chrome on a bike, but the V-Max looks really good blacked out!

Although... a little chrome looks pretty good on it too!

Last edited by Poseidon; 10-01-2018 at 07:36 PM.
    2016 F3T SM6 - Wife's Bike - Blank Canvas
    2017 Kawasaki Concours 14
    2016 Victory Magnum - Mods in progress
    2013 Suzuki M109R - Has a few mods

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon View Post
    I’m starting to think you sell more 9’s than most dealerships!

That is one one heck of a replacement for the 9 tho! Do me a favor... don’t let me ride it. If you do, I’m afraid I’ll be adding another bike to the stable. The V-Max is a bike I’ve always wanted but never bought.

That color will go perfectly with your F3T. The one that really caught my eye most recently is pictured below. I normally always want at least a little chrome on a bike, but the V-Max looks really good blacked out!

Although... a little chrome looks pretty good on it too!
    Brother, you know I already been sitting on the Vmax. I had my first test ride back in early 2014 and have been hooked every since. My first mod will be a wide wheel kit. Some say that it hurts the handling. But after riding the beast of a 9, with a wide tire on the rear, the Vmax should be a piece of cake.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    Brother, you know I already been sitting on the Vmax. I had my first test ride back in early 2014 and have been hooked every since. My first mod will be a wide wheel kit. Some say that it hurts the handling. But after riding the beast of a 9, with a wide tire on the rear, the Vmax should be a piece of cake.
    I agree, after riding 9’s, the fat rear tire will be a non-issue. I know you have wanted a V-Max for a long time. Looking forward to seeing it when you get it. Just be sure to plan out the fuel stops a little sooner once you get it. With a shorter range than your 9 and F3T, she might not make it “about 50 more miles” hahaha.

I really like the color of the one you are sitting on in the picture above, but the one you are buying will match your F3T better. That bike is going to be a blast! Congrats!
    2016 F3T SM6 - Wife's Bike - Blank Canvas
    2017 Kawasaki Concours 14
    2016 Victory Magnum - Mods in progress
    2013 Suzuki M109R - Has a few mods

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon View Post
    I agree, after riding 9’s, the fat rear tire will be a non-issue. I know you have wanted a V-Max for a long time. Looking forward to seeing it when you get it. Just be sure to plan out the fuel stops a little sooner once you get it. With a shorter range than your 9 and F3T, she might not make it “about 50 more miles” hahaha.

I really like the color of the one you are sitting on in the picture above, but the one you are buying will match your F3T better. That bike is going to be a blast! Congrats!
    Yeah, the gas milage is the biggest complaint that I hear about these bikes. But I need a stop every 60-80 miles anyway. Plus the old guys that I ride with need a pee break

Spyder Garage

Very nice choice. I had a v max years ago. Really loved that ride. Happy Trails. Ride Safe.