Spyder Garage

Default Center computer display

Traded my 2011 RT Limited for a new 2017 RT Limited last February. I have had 3 instances where the computer display went blank and looked like a computer would look like when it reboots. Once when I had started the bike and put in gear to drive, 2 times while I was driving. The bike did not act any differently, drove fine and the display came back as normal.

Took it in for the 3,000 mile service last week and asked them to look into it. As normally happens, they could not make it occur during thier time with the bike.

I haven't seen anything about this here. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Spyder Garage

Maybe a faulty connection??? just my .02
    Lamonster Bright Ryder,
    Lamonster Bright Tail Lighter,
    Lamonster H4 LED Headlights,
    Lamonster LED Fog Lights,
    Lamonster Fog Light Ring Combo,
    Rox Riser
    Lamonster Driver Back Rest,
    Lamonster Frame Mount Drink Holder.
    Lamonster 15" Freedom Shield Wind Shield
    ******* USA flag
    Freecom 2 head sets
    Mirror Wedgies by Squared Away
    Motorcycle Dave's Tachform phone cradle
    Spyderpops Turnsignal LEDs
    Spyder Sisters Shade
    Spyderpops LidLocs
    Spyderpops front fender LEDs by Show Chrome
    Motorcycle Dave's Gel seat insert
    2018 F3L , Blue

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Newflover View Post
    I have had 3 instances where the computer display went blank and looked like a computer would look like when it reboots. Once when I had started the bike and put in gear to drive, 2 times while I was driving. The bike did not act any differently, drove fine and the display came back as normal.
    Do a load test on the battery and have the alternator checked. I suspect a weak battery or inadequate alternator output. Check for loose connections on the battery. If the voltage drops below 10.5 the cluster will reset. This may be what happened during the starting. Were you by chance turning a corner when it happened while driving? The DPS sucks up a lot of power when it helps with steering. Maybe, if the battery is weak, the system voltage dropped below the 10.5 level and the alternator doesn't put out enough power for the DPS.

I believe this would be a first if loose connections or a weak battery aren't the problem.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

If it's a loose connection it would happen when you hit a bump. I would think a thermal problem (hot or cold).
    Or it is being shut down from computer video driver. My guess at the problem.