Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Grip question for all you spyder riders!!!

I have been looking at alot of grips for the spyder. I fount a pair i really like and i wanted to know if any of you guys/girls out there could help me out!!??!! I seen kuryakyn makes widow grips to fit harley bars witch are 1" and i been lookin at some posts and the spyder bars are 7/8". Do yous think these may work on it if i use the tape and glue ideas that some of you fellow spyder riders have tryed. Please let me know what you guys/girls think !!!!! Thanx for all of you time!!!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 06HarleyRider View Post
    I have been looking at alot of grips for the spyder. I fount a pair i really like and i wanted to know if any of you guys/girls out there could help me out!!??!! I seen kuryakyn makes widow grips to fit harley bars witch are 1" and i been lookin at some posts and the spyder bars are 7/8". Do yous think these may work on it if i use the tape and glue ideas that some of you fellow spyder riders have tryed. Please let me know what you guys/girls think !!!!! Thanx for all of you time!!!!
    Nope - I wouldn't use them if they are not made for 7/8" bars. I also HATE grip glue - makes it a pain to remove - usually have to cut them off.

Spyder Garage

Welcome 06HarleyRider

....and we're gonna ride, we're gonna ride.....

ride like the one-eyed Jack of Diamonds, with
    the devil close behind,.....we're gonna ride....

2008 GS.....PE # 2888

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Don't they have the widow grips in 7/8?
    Happy SE5 Owner!!!

Silver/Black SE5 - Trunk Liner, 1" riser, 12v, Kuryakyn ISO Grips, 5" Kewlmetal Pullback Bars, Kewlmetal Console, Zumo 450, Ipod, Kewlmetal Highway brackets with Wing pegs, Triple Play, Wizard Light LED's, Corbin front/rear saddle with Backrest, Nelson Rigg CL950 Saddlebags with CL800 Tote Bag, CalSci Medium Windshield.

Spyder Garage

Good ? harley when I got into this the 1" & 7/8" bar thing got me too. plenty of 7/8" options to be had. I've been playin with cheap gel grips I get at Jap bike shops like 6 to 10 bucks soft sticky grips.
    Good luck and welcome

Spyder Garage

welcome Hi i know you can get Kuryakyn ISO grips 7/8 for the spyder so i would think you could get the Widow grips to fit. Do you have the Widow pegs?

Spyder Garage

welcome I really wanted to try what you are thinking about but I decided it was just too much of a gap to try to use tape and glue. I ended up going with grip puppies with a throttlemeister. Its working for me.