Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PARKING

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default PARKING

Wondering if anyone has gotten tickets for parking their or other bike, if so where do they put it?

Spyder Garage

Never a ticket here. I always park legal. If I need a HC space on a particular day--I use my HC placard. Most of the time there have been no issues.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

wondering if others park on sidewalk with their 2 wheelers, i have done so but am always worried.

Spyder Garage

No tickets here. Never parked my 2-wheelers on sidewalks either. I use car spaces or use a H/C spot, due to having said plate on our Spyder. Mac
    Last edited by Mad Mac; 02-26-2018 at 03:23 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Mac View Post
    No tickets here. Never parked my 2-wheelers on sidewalks either. I use car spaces or use a H/C spot, due to having said plate on our Spyder. Mac
    i'm in nyc so parking isn't always easy, that's why i like bike & trike.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN View Post
    i'm in nyc so parking isn't always easy, that's why i like bike & trike.
    I think I can totally understand. The last place I had limited parking was when I was stationed in Frankfurt, Ger. (I rode a motorcycle during that time) and that was a looong time ago. N.Y.C. is probably pretty comparable when it comes to parking. Mac

Spyder Garage

Wondering if anyone has gotten tickets for parking their or other bike, if so where do they put it?
    I throw them in the garbage.

Since I was concerned with a ticket when parking in metered parking, I clip the machine ticket on to my tool bag that is on my 2008GS. I always park in an auto parking spot, as do the 2 wheelers.

When it comes to parking in NYC, I always try to park in a parking garage or one of the places that puts the vehicle in the air (for the jeep). I see so many cars street parked within inches of others (or actually touching), and wonder how do they ever get out.
    Last edited by wyliec; 02-26-2018 at 04:18 PM.

Spyder Garage

Parking on a sidewalk is asking for a ticket. Will it happen?

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

where do they put the ticket?

Spyder Garage

where do they put the ticket?
    They put it in the mail, and can send it to you.

Spyder Garage

Akspyderman, where do you put you HC hangtag? I have plates, and a hangtag, I also have a Golden Age National Parks Pass not sure where to display that so it doesn't get stolen. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Rick
    USAF MSgt, Retired
    2018 F3 Intense Red
    Squared Away Lasar alignment, TricLED Headlights, Foglights,Safety Bundle with Turn Module, BajaRon Sway Bar,Squared Away Mirror Wedges, Stebel Air Horn, Dash Turn Indicators, TricLED USA Flag
    2018 F3L , Intense Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rtotten View Post
    Akspyderman, where do you put you HC hangtag? I have plates, and a hangtag, I also have a Golden Age National Parks Pass not sure where to display that so it doesn't get stolen. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Rick
    Yea i was wondering that too, i will be getting HC hangtag in a few weeks so i was wondering where to put it.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rtotten View Post

Thanks,
    Rick
    I have plates on the car. Hangtag goes on the windshield of the Spyder. I have it wrapped in a plastic bag so that it folds over the windshield. A couple clothespins attach the tag without it scratching the windshield. I have never had a hangtag stolen off the bike--and I used to park in a lot in downtown Anchorage. Not since 2011 on that one though.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Get yourself a set of Lidlox***, and you can lock your hangtag right to your handlebar ends.

You can even hang your helmet on the other side of the bars!

*** Lamonster Garage sells them
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Never...

Never got a parking ticket but generally find good parking even on sidewalks. In big cities cause I don't go there on the spyder. As for the H/C placard...I always forget it...do have a small hole and a zip tie if I ever remember it...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Parking HC

I saw a Guy clip it to the license plate. (HC hang Tag.) Not sure about Parking on the side walk, might be a Ticket.
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

Yes, $157. at a Home Depot. I needed some bolts to put something on the bike. I parked under the overhang near the door. When I got out it had a ticket.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ahh-cool View Post
    Yes, $157. at a Home Depot. I needed some bolts to put something on the bike. I parked under the overhang near the door. When I got out it had a ticket.
    That just not right. Did they call the cops while you was in the store shopping? If you was out of the way why should it Have mattered. I had to stop shopping at home depot most of the workers at our store don't have a clue what they are doing if you ask them to find something.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

A lot of Home Depot Stores only allow the larger commercial trucks and vans to park in those areas. It might not have been a legal parking space.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

The only parking ticket I ever got on my Spyder was in Springfield MO during Spyderfest. I parked in the motorcycle parking area in front of WalMart and got a ticket. it was scotch taped to my windshield. I remember thinking the local PD really needed to be brought on board with the whole Spyderfest / tourism thing.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MR. H1956 View Post
    That just not right. Did they call the cops while you was in the store shopping? If you was out of the way why should it Have mattered. I had to stop shopping at home depot most of the workers at our store don't have a clue what they are doing if you ask them to find something.
    Had a similar incident one time. Was out riding with a motorcycle club one Thursday evening. We stopped at restaurant X. It was right next to restaurant Y. I parked my motorcycle in the HC space and put the hangtag on the windshield as usual. The space was closer to restaurant Y than X.

The proprietors of the restaurant we did NOT go to promptly called the local police to report me. The nice people in restaurant X informed me the cops were out front examining my ride.

I grabbed my cane and limped out the door to talk with the police. They were looking at the license plate and beginning to write me a $100 plus ticket for violating a HC space. I pointed to the hangtag on the windshield and showed them my cane and the fact that I was bent over at about 45 degrees. It was an especially painful ride that night.

The police did an Oooooooooooops. And promptly went on their way. I went into restaurant Y and thanked them for calling the police. Then, went next door and finished my meal.

Have never went back to restaurant Y (the one that called the cops on me).

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

The only parking ticket I have ever got on 2,3,or 4 wheels was in Downtown Glendale CA where I was building a Buffalo Wild Wings Bar and Grill. The fine city of Glendale Charged us $27,000, that's right count the zeros, to barricade 7 parking spaces for the 4 months that I was doing the remodel, I needed the spaces for loading and unloading material and supplies and parking as the back door delivery was shared by other tenants. One Saturday I rode my Spyder to work and parked in our Paid for Space and when I came out I had a $95 parking ticket , when I went to the court house to contest it I was told that my bike was not a construction vehicle so there for I got the ticket, Since I was in the land of Calafornicate there was no arguing with them. Just one of the reasons I'm glad not to be working down there anymore.
    2014 RTL , Black Currant

Spyder Garage

How or why do some of these company's let the police write tickets in private parking lots. I understand that the cops have to come when I crime in committed. But to ride thru and give tickets for parking. I haven't cared much for Wal-Mart since Sam Walton died. It went to the devil after he passed away. And I may have shopped at home depot twice. Only because there wasn't a lowes close by and I had to have something to finish a job. Just wondering how they justify giving out tickets in private company lots

Spyder Garage

How or why do some of these company's let the police write tickets in private parking lots. I understand that the cops have to come when I crime in committed. But to ride thru and give tickets for parking. I haven't cared much for Wal-Mart since Sam Walton died. It went to the devil after he passed away. And I may have shopped at home depot twice. Only because there wasn't a lowes close by and I had to have something to finish a job. Just wondering how they justify giving out tickets in private company lots
    from my understanding the police would have permission from the owner of the property to go there anytime and are
    then allowed to enforce all parking laws. a friend of mine who had a very large gas station property told me that.

Spyder Garage

I'm guessing they give out tickets to those that shouldn't be parking in handicap parking, and blocking a fire lane, and those are enforceable tickets. Since mall parking lots have public access, the police have every right to be there.