Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate looks at -- View Post
    I have a Windshield arriving today, that I ordered on Thursday of last week. They did not miss a beat! Great customer service! Get well Lamont!
    Lamont has good people working for him.
    Trb-- (Roger)

2014 Cognac STL:Ultimate Seat, Nelson Rigg Tail Pack, Nelson Rigg RS/ST Half Cover, TL fender lights, Squared Away Laser Alignment, BajaRon sway bar and links, Akropovic Sport Silencer
    2022 White Pearl F3T
    Gone but not forgotten: 2019 F3S Special Series Liquid Titanium

Spyder States Visited

Spyder Garage

Default prayers

From all of us at Baker Built we would like to send out our prayers to Lamonster and all his friends and family for comfort, peace, healing, and understanding during this difficult time.

Spyder Garage

Good Look Lamont, I wish you and your family the best. Prayers sent.

Ramg66

2016 Can Am Spyder RT-S SE6

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) Spyder_Cowgirl's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Update -- Plus Video of Road Warrior Spyder

Copied with permission from Joan ..... NOT for additional shares or copies (please respect the Bryden's privacy).

Here is a link to the FB video (not able to figure out how to post any other way).
    https://www.facebook.com/LadyLamonst...2589994811268/

And here is the update from Joan:

This video is the day before Lamonster got sick. He hasn’t been well since and a week later he was admitted to the hospital with acute renal failure and pancreatitis. We had planned on watching the Barrett-Jackson auction of this Spyder build on TV, however we were in the Emergency Room trying to get a live feed on FB and we couldn’t keep connection. Lamont and I were hoping It would get $50,000 but when we didn’t hear from anyone, we assumed it hadn’t happened. The reason no one called us is because the auction went so well and it was sold for $80,000 and an additional $20,000 of donations and then the man who bought it returned it to the stage for auction again at which time it brought in another $60,000. More donations continued to pour in as the Road Warrior Foundation raised awareness of the good they do for our veterans. But Lamont and I were in the dark and didn’t know any of this and then all of a sudden Lamont’s cell phone rang. It was Greg Cain who was watching it live and I rushed into the hall so as not to disturb anyone in the ER. He asked if we were watching it and quickly told me it was at $160,000. I did a quiet scream and raced back into my husband’s ER room and told him. Lamont was so overwhelmed he began to cry. Greg was still on the phone and all 3 of us were crying with excitement for their success! I thanked Greg for calling as we were in the midst of stabilizing Lamont and getting him ready for admission to the hospital. Lamont told me then that he wasn’t ready to die, he had more bikes to build and there was more work to be done.
    He had a very rough week in the hospital and this auction was really the last thing he remembered as they gave him heavy drugs for the pain Saturday and Sunday. He slept all day and night those two days. He got worse by Monday and they had overdone it with the IV fluids and needed to get that off him now. His attending physician wasn’t happy and wanted Lamont immediately transferred to Barnes Jewish hospital in St Louis for liver transplant evaluation. That’s when I asked for urgent prayers. The transfer fell through and he had to suffer through two more mistakes at this hospital. He had a good day Tuesday (relatively speaking) and then went into all the classic signs of high ammonia levels Wednesday. This was due to too many painkillers given. I kept asking about how Morphine (2 days) and then Oxycodone and another pill would affect his liver. Multiple nurses including the hospitalist said it would be fine. It wasn’t. Due to the kidney stress and his liver damage he could not clear and metabolize the drugs out of his system. A new sharp nurse picked up on this quickly and even challenged this hospitalist on his laissez faire approach. She was very concerned with his labored breathing and mental state. Thank God for her. She’s been a nurse nearly 20 years and she was wonderful as well as the night nurse, Mike. They have taken care of him the past 48 hours and Lamont is back. Mike challenged another decision by the hospitalist who chose to do nothing and even denied Lamont had breathing issues when we all could hear him from the hall. They put him on oxygen that night and also ordered another medicine by the on call overnight doctor to help take care of his worsening rales and edema. Thursday was good. He’s very anxious to get home and twice has asked for his clothes so he could leave. I don’t blame him. I’ve been in constant contact with his mom, sister, and 3 sons. His sister flew in from California to be with him. Lamont has had one of us by his side now 24 hours a day since Tuesday when she got here. I take days and she stays all night. I am so grateful for her.
    Since the good news of the auction was the last thing he remembered in the ER and he hasn’t been on his phone or on Facebook to get updated, he would be totally out of it and then wake up and ask if I had heard any more from BRP about the auction. I’d remind him it set a new record and he’d be out again that quickly. God bless him and his huge heart for helping others.
    Thank you for all your prayers and well wishes from all over the world. I’m hoping to get him home soon. We have a long way to go to recover and we have an outpatient visit with the experts at Barnes In St. Louis in less than 2 weeks. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers as we take the next step in getting Lamonster back better than ever! I felt the love and thank you all.
    __________________________________________________ _
    2016 RT Limited -- "Jubilee" (as in Cherries)
    Guardian Bell (gift from spyderowboy)
    ISCI Dual Flag Mount – Tall Poles
    Lamonster Bottle Holder and Spyder Cuff
    Spyderpops Missing Belt Guard
    Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Rear Run / Brake / Turn LEDs
    Spyderpops Mirror LEDs
    Custom Dynamics HMT Brake

Spyderpops Keep Out The Trash (KOTT) Grills
    Don't Eat Mud / mudflap
    __________________________________________________ __

Spyder Garage

Default Praying for Lamont and family.

Gods grace be on you and your family. Lifting Lamont up, asking for healing.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Wish him well.

Some people in the medical field shouldn't be.

Spyder Garage

Default I just heard of this...

... thanks for the updates, Joan. Best wishes and prayers from Texas!

Scotty, I just saw your post above also. Prayers and best wishes for you, too!
    ata = allergic to asphalt

My mods: https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ead.php?t=5753
    There are two kinds of people: (1) those who can read, reason and apply the experiences of others; and (2) those who just have to pee on the electric fence. ataDude, 2009

My Spyder:

Spyder Garage

Default Plugger2

Prayers for your health.Everyday a little bit better.Your health is better than anything else right now.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Saluda View Post
    That could apply to any field or occupation.

Rick H.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Saluda View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Rick H. View Post
    That could apply to any field or occupation.

Rick H.

Do these belong in this thread?
    It's about Lamont and our wishes and prayers for his health.

2017 F3, SM6-basic black, plain and simple

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Kredab View Post
    Thoughts and prayers to Lamont and his family
    I have not seen any updates on Lamont???? Just wondering how things are going..
    BIG F and the NISR family

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) Spyder_Cowgirl's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Short Update

Quote Originally Posted by Big F View Post
    I have not seen any updates on Lamont???? Just wondering how things are going..
    BIG F and the NISR family
    Lamont went home on Friday … so, at least he is out of the hospital. He has a long road to recovery, however, so please continue your chosen form of sending good wishes for his return to good health. Joan is keeping things pretty close to the vest right now, so I do not believe I should say more … I am sure, once things settle down a bit and Lamont is on the road to recovery, she will update herself.

I will say this again, please respect the Bryden's privacy and know that neither one of them is available for Spyder questions right now. Please do not copy or share outside this forum. Come here, or call Jacob at Lamonster Garage to get questions answered.

All the best ….. Ann
    Last edited by Spyder_Cowgirl; 10-07-2018 at 07:55 PM.
    __________________________________________________ _
    2016 RT Limited -- "Jubilee" (as in Cherries)
    Guardian Bell (gift from spyderowboy)
    ISCI Dual Flag Mount – Tall Poles
    Lamonster Bottle Holder and Spyder Cuff
    Spyderpops Missing Belt Guard
    Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Rear Run / Brake / Turn LEDs
    Spyderpops Mirror LEDs
    Custom Dynamics HMT Brake

Spyderpops Keep Out The Trash (KOTT) Grills
    Don't Eat Mud / mudflap
    __________________________________________________ __

Spyder Garage

Fantastic to hear he is at home, huge comfort factor for everyone.
    2015 RTL , Yes Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Default Very glad to hear.

Prayers continue for both of you 😘👌👍
    Replaced my Lamonster Certified RT Limited #1874 With a 2018 RTL.

Very Active Member Buckeye Bleau's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I have not posted here until now, but I have been praying for recovery. I am so very pleased to hear that Lamont is home with the family.
    May all of you accept and feel His Grace and love in the coming days, weeks and months during this recovery!

Joe
    U.S. Army Viet Nam Era Vet
    2013 Spyder RT-L, Black Currant
    Trunk mount dual SS flag holder
    TricLed foam hand grips (awesome)
    Chromed Soaring Eagle License Holder
    Utopia Deluxe driver backrest
    LED fender lighting
    Fast Flash LED brake light
    Spyder Pops LED/skid plate

Spyder Garage

GOOD NEWS and more--joyce and irv
    2015 rts-white pearl- mods- '16 F3 fat 6 chrome wheels,
    and some little stuff. setback utopia backrest, baja ron
    sway bar, oem adj. air deflectors, marlin gps compass,
    lamonster fbb foot pegs[modified brackets], lamonts
    vibration damper, rock guard, and side case stiffener kit,
    . brp comfort seat. , fomozas and
    altimax, magic mirror mts, and wide mirrors.
    [joyce & irvin toms]

Spyder Garage

Default Prayers for Lamont

Prayers for Lamont and his family,a very special person who has done so much for our Spyder community

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

HEY BOSS!!!
    Now that you're home: let some of Joan's Home-Cooking work some magic on you!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

This is Joan:
    Lamont got out of the hospital on Friday and we brought him home and he went straight out on the back deck to sit in the sun. I immediately left (his sister was here) and in one hour had purchased a recliner and arranged for it's delivery, grocery shopped, and picked up the dogs from the boarders. Lamont was weak from being in the hospital for a week and his weakened condition. But he started looking better Friday night, slept well, took a shower Saturday and he was up and moving around. He was discharged with the same 5 meds he was getting in the hospital. He looked great Saturday and the 3 of us watched a funny movie. Sunday he became nauseous and couldn't keep anything down. In view of the fact he hadn't eaten very much at all going now on 3 weeks along with not keeping food down, we went to the ER again. I just got home. They kept him. His sister flew home about noon time and it was sad for her to say goodbye to him there in the ER.

I think he will be fine. At this point we just have one more week until his big appointment at Barnes in St Louis next week. That's about all I got, I spent all day in the ER. Need sleep.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    This is Joan:
    Lamont got out of the hospital on Friday and we brought him home and he went straight out on the back deck to sit in the sun. I immediately left (his sister was here) and in one hour had purchased a recliner and arranged for it's delivery, grocery shopped, and picked up the dogs from the boarders. Lamont was weak from being in the hospital for a week and his weakened condition. But he started looking better Friday night, slept well, took a shower Saturday and he was up and moving around. He was discharged with the same 5 meds he was getting in the hospital. He looked great Saturday and the 3 of us watched a funny movie. Sunday he became nauseous and couldn't keep anything down. In view of the fact he hadn't eaten very much at all going now on 3 weeks along with not keeping food down, we went to the ER again. I just got home. They kept him. His sister flew home about noon time and it was sad for her to say goodbye to him there in the ER.

I think he will be fine. At this point we just have one more week until his big appointment at Barnes in St Louis next week. That's about all I got, I spent all day in the ER. Need sleep.

Keeping him and you in my thoughts and prayers

...in the pink (Girls On Spyders) flamingobabe's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

continued prayers.....we are thinking of Lamont everyday....hoping for some relief and healthy wellness

#IamARyder #RideASpyder #CanAmSpyder

Spyder Garage

Our thoughts and prayers go out to you both....
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...
    '09 Phantom and a '15 F3-S

If you don't slow down, they can't catch you..
    ​If you don't give up, they can't win.
    What a long strange journey its been.

Spyder Garage

I am sending more prayers your way.

Both of you are in my thoughts.

Joan, Be strong for him. Hang in there!

Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Spyder Garage

Prayers sent to Lamont and family STAY STRONG LAMONT .
    2015 F3S , silver

Spyder Garage

Joan,

Thank you for taking the time to keep us updated. For every frequent poster on this site, there are bunch more of us who post from time to time who are also concerned and appreciative.
    2020 RT Limited in the ultra cool Deep Marsala Dark edition.

Baja Ron Anti-Sway Bar, LED reflectors, Lamonster USB Charger (and phone mount), Can-Am Low Windshield, X-Creen Tour Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blade, Power Commander, Dilithium powered Flux Capacitor (not yet fully functional).
    Maintained by Lou at Pirate Powersports.