Spyder Garage

Default Question about iMotorsports

So I am dealing with iMotorsports. We are trading in a bike and purchasing a Spyder. For those of you that have dealt with them on a trade, how was the response to your emails or text messages? The finance manager that I have been dealing with had been pretty quick about responding, but the sales person has been very slow responding sometimes not at all. This has made this a not so pleasant experience. I don't mind if it takes a while, I just want to be keep in the loop of what is going on. Has anyone else had these issues?

Spyder Garage

Some people love them..but I live close and went in person and thought they were waaay overpriced and a VERY pushy salesman..I bought elsewhere..

Spyder Garage

For me.... All went very smoothly, but I live close by. I think it was all done in a period of two weeks once we settled on a trade in price. They came and got my goldwing and dropped off my Spyder. Easy!

Spyder Garage

Default Same problem

Quote Originally Posted by Bsmith88 View Post
    So I am dealing with iMotorsports. We are trading in a bike and purchasing a Spyder. For those of you that have dealt with them on a trade, how was the response to your emails or text messages? The finance manager that I have been dealing with had been pretty quick about responding, but the sales person has been very slow responding sometimes not at all. This has made this a not so pleasant experience. I don't mind if it takes a while, I just want to be keep in the loop of what is going on. Has anyone else had these issues?
    I had the same problem w them. It was like he had no interest in selling me anything. I sent an email and a salesman emailed me back. I returned that email, gave him my cell and asked he call me as soon as he had a few minutes to speak, and told him I was planning on going to a local dealer that afternoon. He never called. So I called him about an hour before I went to local dealer, the guy answered the phone but hardly spoke. Was very odd call. I spoke w or visited 4 different Can Am dealers and ended up buying from a dealer about an hour away from me.
    ‘Seems like people either have a great experience w them, or horrible.
    i didn’t buy from them so I can’t tell u what the process is like but I’ve read some people complain how long it took to get title/tags. And read another complaint about buying from them but living out of state.
    ‘I live in NY and friends told me it’s best to buy local, when it comes to servicing the vehicle, dealers take care of people who bought from them, not so much on bikes bough elsewhere. But that’s just hear say.
    ‘Good luck, hope you have a great buying experience. Spyder is an awesome machine!

2018 RT Limited Metalic Champagne
    US Spyder Ryders Long Island NY Chapter
    2018 RT Limited , Metallic Champagne

Spyder Garage

I traded my 2013 RT-L to imotorsports for a 2017 RT-S. Was the transaction seamless? Hardly. Could I have gotten more than the trade-in value for my 2013? Probably not, as another dealer offered the same trade-in price. I agree that they price at MSRP, they don't discount, even on leftovers, they only give BRP rebates. But keep in mind that they deliver the new one to you and pick up your trade at the same time. I signed for the 2017 on 7/24 and it was delivered on 8/3, and my trade taken away, so that was the best part. Getting my registration was a nightmare beyond belief. They use a third party vendor for out of state registrations, and it takes forever. Yes, they gave me a 30 day "drive away" temp tag, and I did finally get the registration delivered to me by UPS from some company in Colorado, and when I opened that, inside was an unopened envelope addressed to me from the DMV here in CT. In hindsight, I would have done it all here at home myself, had I known how long it would take versus how much I paid for the service. I will say that I dealt with the salesman only initially, a few phone calls and Emails. I then dealt exclusively with Perry Lerman, the finance officer. He's the guy that really made it all happen.

Would I do deal with them again? Yes, knowing what I know now, but I will do my own DMV and get it done in one day. Am I happy with the new one? You bet, (1330 Club!) and, more importantly, my bride loves it in the same way that she hated the "Great White Lemon", if that actually makes any sense.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

I have purchased 2 Spyders from them, a 2015 RTS and a 2017 F3L. I mostly dealt with the owner on both purchases. I did try to deal with Jason on my trade in, but he didn't give me what I needed, so I went straight to the top. Both times I also had a trade-in. I do have to agree that it took too long to get my tags for the bike, plus I didn't get a drive out tag. But Perry fixed me up with one in quick fashion. I would probably buy from them again, if I ever decide on another Spyder. I'm on my 3rd Spyder so far.

2017 F3 Limited in Intense Red Pearl

2008 Triumph Rocket (SOLD)

2002 Honda VTX 1800 C ( SOLD)

2014 Triumph Thunderbird Commander

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default I am kind of

Quote Originally Posted by Bsmith88 View Post
    I'm selling my Spyder, so used their link on the site for buying bikes. Got an instant computer response, but since it was after they closed it did not surprise me. The next day I got an email from Ian Pearson asking for VIN, pictures, and history. Took me a couple days to get the pictures they wanted, but sent off the info. That was the last I heard from them. Waited 12 days, and went back to their site, so yesterday I followed the link to sell them bikes. Again got the computer generated response, again not surprised, as they were closed. Have not heard anything from them yet from either attempts. They advertise stress free, but has not been so far.
    Is it Friday yet? ... Oh yeah, I forgot. I'm retired

Past bikes
    2010 RS - Sold
    2012 RT - Sold
    2014 RT - Testing completed
    2016 F3-T Audio package - Sold

Spyder Garage

I’m also currently trading/buying from iMotorsports and will say that things are positive. Smooth process thus far. Jayson called me last night to tell me to expect delivery this Saturday.
    One kind of negative thing I will mention is that you need to know what you want. They won’t come out and ask you what positions of the ufit system you want/need. I had to ask. I had to ask for the blue ridge windshield to be installed. No “would you like any accessories? Maybe a windshield?” Which all of that is fine, I just got the feeling I had to remember all the things I wanted to ask about, like they’re not just super informative passed Year/Model. Also, they could be a little more transparent with the goings on behind the scenes. I’ve had to call and ask for updates and I felt considering the money I’m spending they could do more to keep me informed. Perry sarcastically likes to give me crap about calling (which I haven’t done that much of) and finally I told him in a serious tone: “if y’all would ever call me, I might not have to.” Anyway, I end up speaking with the Perry-the finance guy more than the sales guy and he might not be too keen on lead times and installation and so forth. For instance, Perry called me today to tell me what Jayson told me last night. All in all though.. I’m very impressed with it all and they do a fine job (thanks to the $4500 BRP rebate). I just wish they were slightly more transparent and informative considering I’m buying sight unseen and online. If I was physically coming to the dealership, I doubt it would be an issue.

Ill update as things progress.

Spyder Garage

Default My experience

This is a really big place. The indoor warehouse is like a football field and completely full on Motorcycles. I suspect each lower level sales person is flooded with leads and goes after the most interested and ready to go client while missing the boat on other good Leads?
    They honored the trade in price we ball parked over the phone, which was nice.
    When I went to register the bike in Wisconsin the DOT person said she needed proof that it has an emissions sticker or something. I told her this is not a home made bike and I have registered one before. Didn't matter.
    So I got back in line and got another DOT counter person and got the title without a glitch??? I flashed the title to the 1st counter person as I walked by and said screw you.
    So basically my experience with I motor sports was good, but I was just one of the many being herded through that day, nobody special.
    Dennis

Spyder Garage

We purchased an F3 from them, trading in an RT. Transaction was priced far better than I could do elsewhere, delivery and pickup went well. I would do business with them again if the pricing worked out. We did our own DMV work, they just sent us the MSO.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Just me, but I'd give your local servicing dealer every opportunity to earn your business. It is in your best interest in the long run to maintain a good and healthy relationship with your local dealer....even if it costs you a coupla hundred dollars more.

Only if your local dealer is totally unreasonable, then and only then try something like iMotorsports.
    Dean O
    Gran Pa Hoon
    Founder San Jose BMW
    Builder of the Motorcyclist Cafe Barn and Bunkhouse
    Alamogordo, NM

'20 Spyder F3 L

Very Active Member Fatcycledaddy's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I went there is person and was VERY pleased with there pricing and service.
    Jason is the sales person I dealt with, and he even gave me his cell number to contact him direct with any questions.

I have had nothing but awesome treatment every time I have called them.
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I have posted this before, but here it is again. I traded in my 2012 RSS for a 2016 F3T. I got a quote from them in February on my trade in value, and pricing on the bike I wanted. Then I went to their site in April and found out that the pricing on the bike I wanted had dropped $2k. I called Jason and asked if they would still allow me the $9k for my RSS (I only paid $8k for it 6 months earlier). He said I will call you back. 30 minutes later he called and we struck a deal. The next day I was emailed the paperwork. I took that down to my bank and we wired them the money. I told him we had a mountain trip in under 2 weeks, and would he have my bike ready. He said he would try. We were leaving on a Tuesday and delivery was to take place on Monday. I got a call on the previous Friday saying that the bike would not be ready. I told him that was not a problem, but that the RSS would have about 1500-2000 additional miles, as we were still going (I actually was looking forward to taking the RSS on the trip anyway). He asked where we were going and I told him Gatlinburg, Tn. He asked if he could call me back. 1 hour later he asked if he could meet me in Gatlinburg and deliver the bike. I said, OK. We arrived in Tn. at the cabin on Tuesday evening around 6. I got a call around 6:30 from the delivery guy. He said it was late, and could we do the exchange Wednesday morning. Wednesday morning, we met him in the Walmart parking lot in Pigeon Forge. He backed out my new bike, and loaded up my RSS.
    The only hickup was that he didn't have my 60 day tag. But, Jason emailed it to me and I was able to print it out and still ride. Also, they forgot to set the U-fit pegs up correctly. He appoligized for that and sent the correct rods directly to my house. The were there when I got home the following Sunday. To top this off, I purchased the vehicle for $5500 less than MSRP.
    If I ever buy another new bike, I will check with them first.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Random question I was thinking about laying awake last night: is the gas tank bone dry when it gets delivered?

Edit: (second question) can I get this Jayson's email. He seems way more helpful than the other guy that contacted me.
    Last edited by Shadowkast; 09-27-2018 at 12:54 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowkast View Post
    Random question I was thinking about laying awake last night: is the gas tank bone dry when it gets delivered?

Edit: (second question) can I get this Jayson's email. He seems way more helpful than the other guy that contacted me.
    Mine was delivered with a full tank of gas. As for Jason, I think it would be best to just call and ask for him. Then you can get his email and start coorespondense.

Spyder Garage

Both of my new bikes came with almost full tank of gas.

2017 F3 Limited in Intense Red Pearl

2008 Triumph Rocket (SOLD)

2002 Honda VTX 1800 C ( SOLD)

2014 Triumph Thunderbird Commander

Spyder Garage

Default Jason

I “worked”w a Jason B (don’t wanna give full name, I wasn’t happy). Here is his info:
    work # is (630)529-5200
    cell (847)483-4604
    email: Jason@iMotorsportsinc.com

I told him I’ve been looking at Spyders since 2009, and was finally ready to pull the trigger. But also told him I was considering just paying in full, not financing. Some people get financing kick backs, or maybe he was just having a bad day/week. Happens to all of us.
    Good luck.

2018 RT Limited Metalic Champagne
    US Spyder Ryders Long Island NY Chapter
    2018 RT Limited , Metallic Champagne

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred View Post
    I “worked”w a Jason B (don’t wanna give full name, I wasn’t happy). Here is his info:
    work # is (630)529-5200
    cell (847)483-4604
    email: Jason@iMotorsportsinc.com

I told him I’ve been looking at Spyders since 2009, and was finally ready to pull the trigger. But also told him I was considering just paying in full, not financing. Some people get financing kick backs, or maybe he was just having a bad day/week. Happens to all of us.
    Good luck.
    RE: financing YUP! on some of that. Look up dealers reserve.
    If you are going to pay cash--save that information for after the deal is consummated. Get the out the door price in writing--then you can write them a check.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member Fatcycledaddy's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ex-Rocket View Post
    Both of my new bikes came with almost full tank of gas.
    mine came with a full tank also.
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Fatcycledaddy View Post
    mine came with a full tank also.

That's good to know as I definitely have a full tank in the slingshot I'm trading to them.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    RE: financing YUP! on some of that. Look up dealers reserve.
    If you are going to pay cash--save that information for after the deal is consummated. Get the out the door price in writing--then you can write them a check.
    I actually paid for my 2014, 2012 and 2016 spyders, all in full. There was no issue or change in the way I was treated. I was asked about financing, but when I told them that I was just going to have my bank transfer the money, they seemed even happier. The only thing that Imotorsports charged above the listed price was $174 for doc fees.

Spyder Garage

Didn't have a trade this time and got a sweet deal on a 2017 RTs. I had tried a few years ago when I was wanting to replace the RTs I had with an F3. The total deal was no better than I could do local. They don't negotiate very much but considering the starting point on my new bike I'm not surprised. I have seen a bunch of people selling 2016's and 2017's with thousands of miles for more than I paid for this one. Sent them a check and the paperwork and in about 10 days had a new bike sitting at the house. I did finance with them as they matched my local credit union on interest and I will pay it off in full in 12 months anyway. I offset the interest for 12 months in what I saved. I do this every few years just to keep the credit score up and give them the impression they will be making more. Seamless transaction and I am a happy owner.

CJ JAX