Thread: Demo Days

Spyder Garage

Default Demo Days

Not an owner... but Spyder curious....

How do I go about finding out where the demo day events are held? I've searched the website and it's likely staring me in the face but for the life of my I can't seem to locate it. Can someone assist? I'm in Texas. I've been here for a while lurking but this may be my first post so thanks for having me.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Call your local dealers and ask for a demo.
    That's how I did it and it worked.

Quote Originally Posted by camardelle View Post

How do I go about finding out where the demo day events are held? I've searched the website and it's likely staring me in the face but for the life of my I can't seem to locate it. Can someone assist? I'm in Texas. I've been here for a while lurking but this may be my first post so thanks for having me.

Spyder Garage

Default 3W Class.

Another option (if u don’t already have class M License) is to take the Can Am sponsored 3W course. U get to drive 2018 Spyders, only cost $125 and when done u get your 3W license endorsement, no DMV road test. And you will save $ on motorcycle insurance if you do decide to buy.
    Good luck.

2018 RT Limited Metalic Champagne
    US Spyder Ryders Long Island NY Chapter
    2018 RT Limited , Metallic Champagne

Spyder Garage

That's a good idea but without trying to sound flippant, I'm really looking for something more than around a parking lot to be honest. Will I see some road time during the course?

Spyder Garage

Default True

That's a good idea but without trying to sound flippant, I'm really looking for something more than around a parking lot to be honest. Will I see some road time during the course?
    That was the only disappointing thing, it was in a parking lot. It was a huge parking lot right on the beach, but I know what you mean. Only hit 3rd gear once, briefly.
    ‘I’ve never been to demo days but I was told that people in NY aren’t allowed to test drive on roads. Didn’t confirm that but 2 dealers told me that when I called asking for test ride. Maybe it’s different in different states but I saw a video from a NY demo day and it too was in a big parking lot. I’d bet insurance/liability has something to do w that.
    ‘Do you know any friends who own a Spyder? Lol. I let couple of my friends try it out. They loved it.
    Best of luck (I love this machine, glad I took course and purchased one).

Spyder Garage

I see guys all over YouTube doing demo days and was hoping to take an extended ride...even if it was a ride lead by them. I did one at a rally a few years back before they were introduced and it was a blast. I understand they are much better now. I'm even willing to rent one but it seems like the only place Eagle Rider rents them is in your neck of the woods.

I've still got options though. I just need to figure out if I want to sell my Wing outright or trade it in. Thanks for all your help. I appreciate it. Going to ask one more question on the forum and then stop bothering folks. LOL

Spyder Garage

Default try going here

https://can-am.brp.com/content/canam...ence-days.html

you have to choose whether you're experienced with motorcycles or not. If you have an M license (sounds like you do), then you can ride outside the parking lot on a demo ride.
    We now have His and Hers Spyders!
    Current Spyder: White 2015 F3-S SE6
    His Spyder: White 2015 F3 SE6

Previous Spyder: 2012 RT Limited SE5 -- 30,300 miles
    Previous rides: Kawasaki & Honda
    2015 F3 , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Default Great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by vondalyn View Post
    https://can-am.brp.com/content/canam...ence-days.html

you have to choose whether you're experienced with motorcycles or not. If you have an M license (sounds like you do), then you can ride outside the parking lot on a demo ride.
    Since he he lives in Tx he can schedule “Spyder Experience Days”, that sounds like the best way to test drive. That’s not available in my area, wish it was. Great idea Von.

Lucky for me, my dealer is also a sponsor of my RC, so I’m hoping he will let me drive the Ryker when he gets them in. Fingers crossed!

Spyder Garage

Default Another option

Another option you could consider. Look around to see where, nearby, you can rent a Spyder. Nearby being relative. You may have a travel a not small distance. This option has at least 2 benefits. One, you can demo ride it all you want, under the conditions you want. You won't be locked into following someone else's pre-defined course. And 2, even if you have to lay out some money, you can determine if the Sypder is really what you want, before shelling out 20-25-30K first.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Spyder Garage

I agree Greg. So far all I’ve found regarding rentals take place in New Jersey or New York. Honestly I’d be happy if it were somewhere within several hundred miles but the distance seems to put this out of my arena of options.

I will I’ll continue to search.

Spyder Garage

I agree Greg. So far all I’ve found regarding rentals take place in New Jersey or New York. Honestly I’d be happy if it were somewhere within several hundred miles but the distance seems to put this out of my arena of options.

I will I’ll continue to search.
    With your M license a Dealer should allow you a dem even if they come with you in another Spyder on a demo course around town. My dealer always had a demo RT and once when in for repair he had me take it home while mine was being fixed. Not every dealer does this?

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Proving that I had the motorcycle endorsement the local dealer here in INdiana let be go for a test drive by myself. I went 3 times for around 30 minutes each before I finished my decision.
    Love my Spyders
    2016 F3L Steel Black purchased 7/16/2016 Sold 3/11/2023 (22,500 mi)

2014 RTS Circuit Yellow purchased 3/2/2018

2020 RTL Petrol Blue purchased 1/27/2023

Girls on Spyders #3195

No more 2 wheels
    2020 RTL , Lamonster floor board riser Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Default demo ride

When we were in the market for a Spyder here in north Texas last year a local dealer allowed us to go for a test ride since I had a MC license. I told him I really wanted to go for a good test ride and was told "Take it for a good ride and enjoy". Thats why they have demo bikes. We returned a little over an hour later after riding hiway, back roads and a couple of gravel county roads, hooked on the Spyder. Your TX MC license allows you to ride trikes also. When the wife bought her RT she did not have a MC license so she took the Can AM sponsored classwhere they provide the Spyders for class and used that certificate to get her MC license with "P" endorsement for 3 wheels only. I am pretty sure their is a dealer in Houston area somewhere with a couple of demos available. If not, let me know and I will ride down and let you ride mine while I ride your Goldwing.

Rick & Kathy
    currently Henderson County NC from Ellis County TX
    2021 RTL
    2017 F3T , silver black

Spyder Garage

You are the man Elliot. Thank you for this and all your help elsewhere. I will check out the dealers around here. In the meantime I think it's time to make a move on the Wing so I'll hit the credit union tomorrow or Monday and pay it off to enable an easier sale or trade. Appreciate it bud.

Ride safe.

Howard