Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Nico 75 said it. You just need it to roll it around easily when it isn't running.
    Spyder F3-S Special Series my traveling ride
    Ryker Rally modified for dual sport duty
    Honda Grom heavily modified for dual sport duty
    Ducati Scrambler Icon Dark my other traveling ride

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Nico75 View Post
    Hi all yes there is a N setting , pull the lever 1/2 way between F R then you can push it easy
    I would recommend against this at a traffic light just to rev the engine as the original poster mentioned. heh-heh.

Spyder Garage

The OP didn't say he wanted to rev it while in stationary traffic, he was raising the possibility of accidentally revving the bike while at a stop and moving forward unintentionally. Hence the query about whether there was a neutral gear selection for use during longer stops in traffic etc.

I have done this on the Spyder once, but it only moved a few inches against the foot brake. Was a bit alarming and I've been more careful of the throttle since
    | 2015 F3-S | Heated Grips | USB Ports | RAM X-Grip | RT Sway Bar | '2 Up' Rear Shock | SHAD Bag Kit | Oxford Aqua 50 Dry Bag | BRP Rider Backrest |

Spyder Garage

Hasn't it already been posted that the ECU will no let the engine rev while in this false neutral.

Spyder Garage

Funny thing is i tried doing the shift between forward and neutral and it doesn't work for me. One of 2 things has happened to me. The first was that the motor does a on/off short rev thing but doesn't move. this does not last for more than a few seconds. The second thing that happens is the trans shift's itself into gear and starts to move, while making a racket doing it. If you want a neutral at home just jack the rear tire off the ground. Please use a padded jackstand if you like getting rev happy. Great way for you to hear the CVT thumping and clunking up close.

Spyder Garage

It was actually a surprise to me how much throttle it takes to get the Ryker moving from a dead stop. Light turns green, crack the throttle, open it more, eventually the CVT decides it's time to take hold. I can't see a little unintended rev causing much problem. I actually wish it was a little more responsive.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I find that it is unbelievable that this is even a subject of discussion. If you are concerned about accidentally taking off when stopped.......then you might need some driving lessons or at worst you have no business driving anything with an auto tranny, car or whatever.
    Dean O
    Gran Pa Hoon
    Founder San Jose BMW
    Builder of the Motorcyclist Cafe Barn and Bunkhouse
    Alamogordo, NM

'20 Spyder F3 L

Spyder Garage

There is no "neutral" when running, however, if you move the shift lever slightly back toward reverse when not running you can move it around more easily in your garage as it has a "false" neutral there