Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bike to neutral

Spyder Garage

Default Unexpected neutral at stoplight

I have a ‘17 F-3 LTD with 16,000 miles that recently started shifting into neutralat stop lights. Aside from some surprise when hitting the the throttle and not moving, there haven’t been serious consequences. I wonder if bigger problems are on the horizon or if this is just a fluke. It happens and it never used to.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jambo Creek View Post
    I have a ‘17 F-3 LTD with 16,000 miles that recently started shifting into neutralat stop lights. Aside from some surprise when hitting the the throttle and not moving, there haven’t been serious consequences. I wonder if bigger problems are on the horizon or if this is just a fluke. It happens and it never used to.
    Since I don't have an F3 I haven't paid close attention to the comments, but there are comments here about the left switch assembly on the F3 having problems. Many are being replaced under warranty. Check with the dealer. You may have one ready to crap out. If the left switch is somewhat like the one on the RT, and I'm sure it is, the shift signals are sent out over the CANbus. There is a processor in the left switch that is probably flakey in the switches that have been replaced. All the paddle shifter does is tell the processor to send the appropriate signal over CANbus and the transmission control module catches it and responds accordingly.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

2016 RTL, and mine has never done this, always stays in first gear when I am stopped.