Spyder Garage

Thumbs up changes based on observation

I own the 2010 RTSE5 PE551 and just finished modifying the front half of my ride. I replaced the sway bar with the RonJon bar and links from TMS motorsports at a savings of $100 and less than 1 hour work by driving up on car ramps, removing the skid plate and 2 screws holding the trunk. then ordered from Amazon.com 2 of Federal SS-657 Performance Radial Tire - 165/65R14 79T Sold by: Autoplicity online for $48 each (free shipping), took the wheels and tires to Discount Tire and had them mounted and balanced for $40 (no weights required). stability enhancement was very noticeable and settled in on 22 PSI and could turn tires while sitting still like I was on ice. today I just got back from Tousley Motorsports where they did a lazer alignment and the ride home was awesome. I had to keep looking down at the speedometer to check my speed it was so smooth. the ride sticks to the road in the curves at 85 MPH better than it did when it was new. going on multi state rides, facebook chat, and groups on the flood run, I have learned that keeping everything original and old technology is not the path to rely on. I have almost 67K miles, and a new ride. just thought I would share my joy and cost savings. I have less than $550 into this venture.

Spyder Garage

and on your .

I also had a 2010 RTS. PE #474. Got it new and traded it in 2014 with 36,500 miles on it.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Small price to pay for such a big change to you. Enjoy.

Spyder Garage

Default Nice review....

Many have followed your path and some have come back to comment on it. I know you are smiling all over again with the totally new ryde. Enjoy it just watch the tire pressure as it seems a bit high. Should be heavy steering when standing still with DPS off but if it works for you great....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black