Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Key won't turn to open frunk

Hello guys and girls, been away for some time but i'm back as good as ever and twice as ugly
    For some reason the key will not turn to open the frunk, for some time it opened, it was hard to turn but it did open, last week i tried to open it and it did not work anymore, i pulled the side pannel off and pulled on the cable and opened that way, oiled the latching mechanism and tried to turn the key,,, nothing, looks like the problem is under the switch.
    I searched for answers but everybody keeps going round and round about it with no concrete answers, does anybody know how to dissasamble the switch to repair the issue without giving a mile long explanation of why it should work or without saying look at the manual?
    Thanks in advance

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default my suggestion

Did you try pushing in on the top of the lid and turning the key at the same time???

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by larryd View Post
    Did you try pushing in on the top of the lid and turning the key at the same time???
    Yes, many times, also tried turning the key with the frunk open and it will not turn, i can open it by pulling on the cable from under the plastics closer to the latching mechanism but not from the switch, turning to open the gas lid works but not for the frunk

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican View Post
    Hello guys and girls, been away for some time but i'm back as good as ever and twice as ugly
    For some reason the key will not turn to open the frunk, for some time it opened, it was hard to turn but it did open, last week i tried to open it and it did not work anymore, i pulled the side pannel off and pulled on the cable and opened that way, oiled the latching mechanism and tried to turn the key,,, nothing, looks like the problem is under the switch.
    I searched for answers but everybody keeps going round and round about it with no concrete answers, does anybody know how to dissasamble the switch to repair the issue without giving a mile long explanation of why it should work or without saying look at the manual?
    Thanks in advance
    welcome back
    try some
    Graphite spray lube in the keyhole ,insert key work it around few times,& repeat , the cable might need lube too

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Default Bummer.....

If it turns smoothly then it may be disconnected if it does not turn it may be jammed. At any rate you need to get the switch out to get to the bottom where the cables are connected. Does the seat latch work..? Not near my manual to see if it shows the workings ...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    If it turns smoothly then it may be disconnected if it does not turn it may be jammed. At any rate you need to get the switch out to get to the bottom where the cables are connected. Does the seat latch work..? Not near my manual to see if it shows the workings ...
    Seat latch works good, key turns good, only when i try to turn it to open frunk it will not turn

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bfromla View Post
    welcome back
    try some
    Graphite spray lube in the keyhole ,insert key work it around few times,& repeat , the cable might need lube too
    Will buy some tomorrow, worth to try

Spyder Garage

Default Try This....

Seat latch works good, key turns good, only when i try to turn it to open frunk it will not turn
    Open the frunk...disconnect the cable from the latch and try to push it back and forth and try opening with the key while holding the end to see if there is movement. If you have a cable luber you can lube it from there. This will save going into the ignition switch but if not you will have to go there to see if something has come undone or broken...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default the problem was the key itself!!

or rather the key holder that is sold --the plastic casing was too oversized by millimeters , and needed to be shaved down away from the metal--wondering if you tried your second key?

Thanks in advance

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Petrom714 View Post
    or rather the key holder that is sold --the plastic casing was too oversized by millimeters , and needed to be shaved down away from the metal--wondering if you tried your second key?
    Yes, i have tried the second key and still dont work

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    Open the frunk...disconnect the cable from the latch and try to push it back and forth and try opening with the key while holding the end to see if there is movement. If you have a cable luber you can lube it from there. This will save going into the ignition switch but if not you will have to go there to see if something has come undone or broken...
    Already tried all of the above, i guess something has jamed or broke under the switch