Spyder Garage

Default Washing a Spyder

I purchased Lamonster's Black Dymond Detailer which works great. There are areas of my Spyder like the wheels and frame which I'd also like to clean.

Can I take a hose to my Spyder to wash off these areas? Is soap ok? Are there any parts of the bike I should keep water away from?

Thanks in advance for your feedback and recommendations!

Spyder Garage

I regularly wash my Spyder using a garden hose with very low pressure and fine spray with Turtle Wax car wash. I never direct water at the dashboard console and ignition lock, and always keep the key in my pocket, not in the lock. I find the car wash soap does a very good job of getting the brake dust off the wheels. I also don't wash the seat but wipe it down with a damp towel. Remember, you can ride the thing in torrential downpours and not hurt it.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Default Sure....

keep the water flow going downwards and use a soft brush if needed...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Above advice right on. Garden hose, low pressure, keep the water out of the switches and gauges.

I do NOT recommend the use of a pressure washer.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Thanks for your help everyone! I'll try the low pressure washing this weekend and keep away from the areas referenced.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

HINT: It's easier, if you can get someone else to do it for you...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Also use a leaf blower after washing to remove a lot of the water. Speeds up drying time!!’
    2015 RT Limited Red
    2017 Harley Street Glide

Spyder Garage

Default Merlin’s Blood

I just bought a couple bottles of Merlin’s Blood...works great on wheels. I too use Lamonster Black Diamond, I wanted that UV protection etc on my seats so Jacob from Lamonster told me to spray it on your microfiber cloth, then wipe the seats. I’ve done this at night (when I’m not planning on riding) and when I sit on her the next day it’s not slippery or anything.
    ‘I’ve also had good results w Turtle Wax Ice spray wax and spray detailer. Very cheap and works great.

2018 RT Limited Metalic Champagne
    US Spyder Ryders Long Island NY Chapter
    2018 RT Limited , Metallic Champagne

Spyder Garage

Default Video - Wash

Here you go:

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Really unnecessary to use all of that water. We have a whole punch of white hotel towels that somehow made it home to our house over the years. All we do, and we do this after each ryde, is too soak those towels in hot water and cover the entire motorcycle in those hot wet towels. This loosens the road grime and bugs and all we have to do is wipe the surface gentley with the wet towels and quickly dry it with a microfiber towel and clean as the day we bought it. Every other wash we apply Lamont's Blach Diamond detailed, and most importantly we apply his Black Dymond Trim renew to all of the black trim on the Spyders.
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Haha, very true! I'll take that into consideration!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Are you volunteering to wash mine? Missing washing a bike?

Spyder Garage

Garden hose is fine. You do not have to avoid any areas. It is built to be waterproof. I spray everything to pre soak and then again to rinse off the soap.

Don't worry it will be fine.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    Above advice right on. Garden hose, low pressure, keep the water out of the switches and gauges.

I do NOT recommend the use of a pressure washer.
    I wash mine all the time at the car wash with the car wash pressure washer. Soapy spray wash to get everything wet, heavy duty cleaner soap on the really cruddy parts, foam brush, soapy spray again, and rinse, then low pressure wax rinse. I do keep the spray nozzle back somewhat. I think I nicked the paint one time by getting the high pressure spray too close! And after all that there is still some bug residue on it!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

SpyderLovers Sponsor scooterexpress's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rocketman74 View Post
    I purchased Lamonster's Black Dymond Detailer which works great. There are areas of my Spyder like the wheels and frame which I'd also like to clean.

Can I take a hose to my Spyder to wash off these areas? Is soap ok? Are there any parts of the bike I should keep water away from?

Thanks in advance for your feedback and recommendations!
    are you coming to the spyders in the hills in October if so stop by and see me for the merlinsblood wheel cleaner or go to my website merlinsblood.com

Tall flag mount, spyderpops skid plate & stainless steel screen mesh, airhawk adjustable cushion, raised white lettered tires.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by scooterexpress View Post
    are you coming to the spyders in the hills in October if so stop by and see me for the merlinsblood wheel cleaner or go to my website merlinsblood.com
    Thanks! Yes, planning on being there for at least part of the weekend! Will find you to talk about your wheel cleaner.