Spyder Garage

Wink spark plugs change

I found out a spark plug change on an ST LIMITED YOU DO NOT NEED TO MOVE AIR BOX . buy removing air filter housing you can reach the left plug. long extension and a 5/8s spark plug socket and you are good to go . I check with the dealer and they say 175.00 for labor plus plugs

Spyder Garage

I wish it was that easy on my RT. I will need to change mine out next spring. Second change for me. I have 61,000 miles on my Spyder now.
    New to Sue and I
    2021, LTD, Asphalt Gray, 22,000 miles
    Gone but not forgotten
    RTS 2011 SM5, 95,000 miles

Spyder Garage

Default Word of caution....

Have had bikes with tough plug removal issues and found that if you drill a small hole in the plug socket and slightly into the long expention you can secure the socket to the extention. I tapped the socket so I could put in a screw. Nothing worse than having the socket come off in there and then having to take even more stuff off to able to remove the socket...
    20180925_155957.jpg
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default OUTSTANDING

idea!!!!!!!!!!!!! Also removing the frunk makes it a lot easier to access.

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    Have had bikes with tough plug removal issues and found that if you drill a small hole in the plug socket and slightly into the long expention you can secure the socket to the extention. I tapped the socket so I could put in a screw. Nothing worse than having the socket come off in there and then having to take even more stuff off to able to remove the socket...
    20180925_155957.jpg

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I not only replaced the plugs but the plug wires too. Routing the left plug wire was tricky but well worth it as the BajaRon wires don't produce the static I heard in the headset.

I use a pair of plug cap pliers to remove the plug caps as I couldn't pull them off normally.

The second pic is the air filter housing to remove to get at the left plug.
    The third is the new plug with new wire (red cap) installed, showing where it is.
    IMG_0893.JPG fullsizeoutput_a80.jpg fullsizeoutput_a8d.jpg
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

this is what i use to change plugs on my 2010 rts can be all done from left side the hardest part is getting the plug wire off front cylinder, when you put plug wire back on put lots of dielectric grease in plug insulator .the extension, universal and socket are all held together with red locktite tighten plug with a regular ratchet on torque wrench
    Attached Images Attached Images