Spyder Garage

Default Enclosed trailer size for 2 f3s?

What's the smallest enclosed trailer 2 F3Ts will fit in tail to tail?
    2016 Steel Black F3 Limited
    2017 Blue Ultra Limited

2000 Stealth Interstate
    Omaha, NE
    Iron Butt Association #32532

Spyder Garage

Im guessing nearly 20 FT the F3s tail to tail would be 17 Ft then you would want the buffer room.

Quote Originally Posted by NERider View Post
    What's the smallest enclosed trailer 2 F3Ts will fit in tail to tail?
    To be continued....

Spyder Garage

I have two 2016 RT Spyders. One RT spyder is approximately 8'9" long. I though about and 18' trailer and decided they would be to close for comfort. So I got a 20'. It gives me more space between them. Bare in mind this is an open trailer an not a enclosed trailer.

Spyder Garage

I'm looking at a 17 footer with a 5' v-nose for our F3T and F3L. I think if I back the F3T into the "v" and then back in the F3L I should have enough room. Going to several trailer places this weekend to check out my theory. I'm looking at Triton and Legend tandem axels.
    Dave....

2016 Red/Black F3T w/ Audio
    Bajha Ron Swaybar, BRP driving lights
    F4 Windshield, Ultimate Tallboy Seat
    BRP Passenger Backrest
    Custom Dynamics fender lights
    Tricled Rear Bag lights w/ Flashing Brake Modulator
    Wolo Horn, Lamonster's Bungee Buttons
    Spyderpops Bumper Skid

Spyder Garage

You will find it somewhat difficult to back in and up the ramp without the rear wheel spinning loose. Have tried this several times in my toy haulers

without success. Not much traction on the real wheel. Assume most of the weight is forward on these. Toy Hauler ramps are a little steeper and usually

have to run Hitch jack all the way up and a pre ramp of some sort. Most enclosed trailers are not as steep but you should keep this in mind and "try

before you buy".

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I think one thing that needs to be cleared is, does the OP mean tail to tail, as it direct lineup. Or tail to tail as in having them staggered. That would make a big difference in the length trailer needed. If you are referring to tail to tail with them rear staggered, I would think that you could get by with a 7or8x14. Just need to be sure of what you are talking about. If he is referring to them being lined up, I would think that he would just pull them in, one behind the other.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Default I haul two Spyders

I have a 14'X7' vee nose and easily park two inside with room to walk around both. My rear door ramp has an additional 14" tail flap that flips over. I installed tie down rings in the floor and I simply drive over the correct set and strap down the front tires. First one goes in and to the right. The second one BACKS in at a slight angle to the left. I Actually have the floor laid out to get two Spyders and a full dressed touring bike or THREE 10' snowmobiles inside. The key to items fitting is the 7' WIDTH selection. At 7' you can still see behind you with typical truck mirrors
    I have NEVER had the slightest traction issue loading either Spyder or touring bikes. Perhaps it's because my ramp is fairly long?
    Here is the link and a pic of my type of tail door.
    https://www.i39supply.com/enclosed_trailers.html
    Dennis

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MNBK View Post
    I'm looking at a 17 footer with a 5' v-nose for our F3T and F3L. I think if I back the F3T into the "v" and then back in the F3L I should have enough room. Going to several trailer places this weekend to check out my theory. I'm looking at Triton and Legend tandem axels.
    Thanks, keep me posted on what you find out. I was thinking I could pull the first on in and back the second one in and have the rear wheels overlap a little.
    2017 Blue Ultra Limited

2000 Stealth Interstate
    Omaha, NE

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    I think one thing that needs to be cleared is, does the OP mean tail to tail, as it direct lineup. Or tail to tail as in having them staggered. That would make a big difference in the length trailer needed. If you are referring to tail to tail with them rear staggered, I would think that you could get by with a 7or8x14. Just need to be sure of what you are talking about. If he is referring to them being lined up, I would think that he would just pull them in, one behind the other.
    I was thinking staggered to make them fit in a shorter trailer.
    2017 Blue Ultra Limited

2000 Stealth Interstate
    Omaha, NE

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis in Lodi View Post
    I have a 14'X7' vee nose and easily park two inside with room to walk around both. My rear door ramp has an additional 14" tail flap that flips over. I installed tie down rings in the floor and I simply drive over the correct set and strap down the front tires. First one goes in and to the right. The second one BACKS in at a slight angle to the left. I Actually have the floor laid out to get two Spyders and a full dressed touring bike or THREE 10' snowmobiles inside. The key to items fitting is the 7' WIDTH selection. At 7' you can still see behind you with typical truck mirrors
    I have NEVER had the slightest traction issue loading either Spyder or touring bikes. Perhaps it's because my ramp is fairly long?
    Dennis
    Thanks, I would need a 14x7 vee nose it sounds like.
    2017 Blue Ultra Limited

2000 Stealth Interstate
    Omaha, NE

Spyder Garage

Default More info

Dennis
    Adding to the above information. I pull an RT straight forward just 6" short of contact. This is where I have the floor rings for the front tires. The 6" allows for some hard braking and movement. My trailer nose is a full 2 feet deep minus the 6" set back. Now the tail of the RT is over 8 feet from the rear door. Then I back up my F3L dead center on the ramp and turn the wheels as needed so the rear is going off center. I back over my floor rings which are mounted so the front of the F3L is 6" away from the rear door. There is still an incredible amount of room left for gear and stuff. I estimate there is about 600 lbs of tongue weight and the trailer tracks well. Given how much room I have I would bet if pulled up to a dealer with two RTs I could make a 12 foot Vee nose trailer work. I could easily back up the F3L another 2 feet in my trailer?
    Dennis

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

Since I don't load my trailer very often, when I had my GL1800 wing I screwed down roof shingles in the center for traction because I had 4 days of rain coming and had to load it NOW in the rain. Simple trip to Lowes for the shingles and truss screws. Now that I have the Spyder F3, the drive wheel goes up the shingles just fine rain or shine! Sure, they wear out eventually, but they are cheep!

Image1.jpg
    Footnote: Because I had the F3 which I believe is a tad wider in front than other models, I had to cut the lip about half way up in the doorway. It was an old trailer and the side clearance was too close for comfort. Plan on that and measure your bike width against the trailer opening width. The F3 is 60 inches. My tail door is 61 inches and I widened it to 63 inches. I will post pics if can get them.
    Last edited by Rattlebars; 09-25-2018 at 09:08 PM.
    to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey

Spyder Garage

I haul an F3 and an RT in my 5th wheel toy hauler one facing forward and one backwards. My garage is 12.5 x 8 and there is plenty of room. I have done this numerous times since getting the toy hauler and have not had issues backing the second one in.

Spyder Garage

Default Trailer

I’ve been thinking of getting a trailer but I have a question... why?...I have had 2 RTs with about 100,000 total miles. I just returned from a 2000 plus trip from San Diego to Tulsa Okl. And back. There times I wished I had a way to trailer it along the way but I don’t understand how trailering works. Do I trailer it to an area, park my car ride my RT around an are the return to my car?

I’ve read post from people that trailer please explain what your thinking is and what you plan.
    I retired in April and really what to do more traveling.
    Thanks for your wisdom and advice.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jdsd1 View Post
    I’ve been thinking of getting a trailer but I have a question... why?...I have had 2 RTs with about 100,000 total miles. I just returned from a 2000 plus trip from San Diego to Tulsa Okl. And back. There times I wished I had a way to trailer it along the way but I don’t understand how trailering works. Do I trailer it to an area, park my car ride my RT around an are the return to my car?

I’ve read post from people that trailer please explain what your thinking is and what you plan.
    I hear this a lot on biker sites. "Why to you sissies trailer?"
    A} I often take my grandkids. On the way, we can play car games and have some fun!
    B} I move living 6 months in Ohio and 6 months in SC. Though I have a house in both places, I still have lots of stuff to move and it won't all fit on the spyder by a long shot.
    C} Spouse is disabled and cannot ride like she used to.
    D} I'm 70. The drive is hard enough. The 11 hour ride is prohibitive.

Try sometimes putting on another persons shoes and see things from a perspective different than yours.

I did get some pics of how I had to mod my old trailer to accommodate the spyder.

Details here: >CLICK ME<

lipcut.jpg trailer.jpg
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey

Spyder Garage

I help organize the Mid Atlantic Meet for the M109Riders website. I trailer the bikes to the meet along with all of the raffle items, easy up canopy, camp chairs, cooler, tools, etc. the meet is held at a new location every 2 years. We always pick an area with excellent riding and use the hotel parking lot as a base camp.

I also trailer to Maggie Valley for the Spyder adventures Rally. We get there quicker, and have room to bring anything we might buy back with us. My wife will do day rides. An occasional weekend trip, but anything really long, she prefers we trailer the bikes.

Trailer works well when your destination is a riding area like Maggie Valley.
    2016 F3T SM6 - Wife's Bike - Blank Canvas
    2017 Kawasaki Concours 14
    2016 Victory Magnum - Mods in progress
    2013 Suzuki M109R - Has a few mods

Spyder Garage

Adding to the above information. I pull an RT straight forward just 6" short of contact. This is where I have the floor rings for the front tires. The 6" allows for some hard braking and movement. My trailer nose is a full 2 feet deep minus the 6" set back. Now the tail of the RT is over 8 feet from the rear door. Then I back up my F3L dead center on the ramp and turn the wheels as needed so the rear is going off center. I back over my floor rings which are mounted so the front of the F3L is 6" away from the rear door. There is still an incredible amount of room left for gear and stuff. I estimate there is about 600 lbs of tongue weight and the trailer tracks well. Given how much room I have I would bet if pulled up to a dealer with two RTs I could make a 12 foot Vee nose trailer work. I could easily back up the F3L another 2 feet in my trailer?
    Dennis
    Great, thanks for the follow up. I'll look into seeing if I can get a 12x7 Vee nose to work.
    Last edited by NERider; 10-04-2018 at 10:36 PM.
    2017 Blue Ultra Limited

2000 Stealth Interstate
    Omaha, NE

Spyder Garage

I go from Pa. to Daytona twice a year for the bike events and there's no way I want to ride any bike or Spyder 950 miles one way and then ride when I'm there. Trailering at 75 mph is much easier in the truck than driving and motorcycle that speed for that distance. I usually arrive in 14-15 hours driving straight thru. I would never attempt that on any bike.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderF3 View Post
    I go from Pa. to Daytona twice a year for the bike events and there's no way I want to ride any bike or Spyder 950 miles one way and then ride when I'm there. Trailering at 75 mph is much easier in the truck than driving and motorcycle that speed for that distance. I usually arrive in 14-15 hours driving straight thru. I would never attempt that on any bike.
    I rode both my Valkyrie and then my gold wing to and from Myrtle Beach and Daytona bike weeks from northern Ohio several times. Proudly wore my "I rode mine" badge and it's still on my vest. Those were the younger days. >sigh<

Very Active Member Roadster Renovations's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

We have a 20' that has a 18" bull nose on it. So, it actually comes out to almost 22'. Plenty of room for a RT and F3 pulled in. I opted for the longer spacing because I could foresee problems trying to back up the ramp and it just was so much easier to pull them both in.

Spyder Garage

Default one f3s spyder

one f3s spyder how big of a trailer to fit it?
    richie spyder

Spyder Garage

Default trailer size

i know commom sence is not very commom any more but this is what would make sence to me.Grab one your kids or a neighbor kid,go to the garage,put a mark on the floor,measure 16 feet add another mark go 7 feet to the left or right,make a mark,go back16 feet.make a mark,measure back to your first mark to be sure you are at 7 feet.now if you want to get tecnacal,measure diaggnalty from cornner to cornner both ways.if your box is square they will measure the same.now park your bikes in the square and see if they fit,i love to go look at traliers and hear what other guys are doing,i just really don't care what others do,i am only 78 years old and ride most every where i go.i suppose in the next 10 or 15 years i might need a trailer.i will be at Daytona this week.i missed Maggi Valley this year.i was supposed to play in a golf outting with one of my boys saturday.

Ryde a lot and ryde safe.

Willey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Owatonnaspyder View Post
    I haul an F3 and an RT in my 5th wheel toy hauler one facing forward and one backwards. My garage is 12.5 x 8 and there is plenty of room. I have done this numerous times since getting the toy hauler and have not had issues backing the second one in.
    Which toyhauler do you have?

Spyder Garage

We pull a trailer behind the motorbike. Usually take the dogs and a cat so we don’t have to pay for boarding. Get tired of driving? Switch drivers. Want to take a nap? Pull off at the next rest stop. Too many advantages and none of the pain of riding both spyders both ways.
    "If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning." Catherine Aird