Spyder Garage

Default Burnout Spyder RS

How do you get a Spyder RS to a burnout like this? Any ideas?

2016 F3-S Special Series , triple black

Spyder Garage

I guess I'm getting too old and sensible. Why the heck do that in the first place?
    2011 RTS (Sold to a very nice lady)
    1998 Honda Valkyrie
    2006 Mustang GT. Varooooom!
    US Navy Veteran
    SC Law Enforcement Boat Captain
    CNC Machine Service Technician
    President: Rolling Thunder SC1
    Member: Disabled American Veterans, Rock Hill, SC
    Member: American Legion
    Experience is recognizing the same mistake every time you make it!

Spyder Garage

Default nanny over ride?

There must be some kind of tampering with the nanny to allow excessive wheel spin. The Daytona has a traction control selection to allow it to do burn outs like that.
    My flashed ECU on my 2016 F3L can light it up like that but the nanny starts to kick in and the tire starts to launch down the road. I haven't tried just holding the brake to see if it continues?
    Dennis

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

It was pretty easy on my 2012 RSS. I think that is what I miss the most when moving onto the F3T. The key to a good burnout on mine was to just keep the speed under 40 on the MPH gauge. If it gets sideways at all, or if the speed gets about 40-45, then the nanny kicks in and cuts power. Kind of a fine line. To me, that looked like what was being done in the video. He got his burnout by holding the brakes and keeping the speed down. I did that about twice, but most of the time I would start out easy, cut the throttle, then hit it again for a good rolling burnout.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Default SM5?

With manual tranny popping the clutch will do it, especially if you "jump" taking weight off as you pop it. The nanny will let you burn out to about 40MPH on the rear wheel sensor (I think - may be 30MPH) as long as both front wheels are moving the same speed. There is some math there. On my SE5, it will easily burnout on some surfaces better than others. I also noted that even on sticky highway if I gun it wide open it will take off and then break free and burn out at about 5K RPM when it hits the power band.

Spyder Garage

What's the fun in that?????

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by stevencovert View Post
    With manual tranny popping the clutch will do it, especially if you "jump" taking weight off as you pop it. The nanny will let you burn out to about 40MPH on the rear wheel sensor (I think - may be 30MPH) as long as both front wheels are moving the same speed. There is some math there. On my SE5, it will easily burnout on some surfaces better than others. I also noted that even on sticky highway if I gun it wide open it will take off and then break free and burn out at about 5K RPM when it hits the power band.
    That is exactly right. On my 2012 RSS, that was the reason for getting up to around 3-4k, then chopping the throttle. Then when you hit it again, it would light things up. I still miss that bike, just to play with. I turned a friend onto a great deal on a 2011 RSS SM5. I told him that part of the deal would be that when he decides that he doesn't want to play anymore, he had to sell it to me for what he bout it for. Considering he probably hasn't put 1k miles on it, I would give it about another year. Lol!
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Looks like someone enjoys purchasing new tires.
    2018 F3 Limited , Intense Red

Spyder Garage

Default Curious...🤔

One reads, not only here but on many sites, the high cost of tires and labor to replace them balance them etc. makes one curious as to WHY even do it. Much like the groups that sit there and crank on the throttle till they hit the rev limiter and listen to it sputter...hammering away at engine parts Ah well it is their money.....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I would totally do that when the Kendas are due for replacement.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable: 09 Thruxton / 09 FZ6
    Sold List: 97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport Dark, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 08 Spyder RS , 12 Street TripleR, 15 RC390, 02 VFR800, 09 KLX250S, 10 F650GS
    JLohPhotos
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...
    2008 GS , Millennium Yellow

Spyder Garage

Default Risky....

Quote Originally Posted by asp125 View Post
    I would totally do that when the Kendas are due for replacement.
    If the Kenda is as bad as all here say it is you do run the risk of a blowout taking out your rear fender, splash guard ripping out the mountis to the side panels and possible messing up your belt and sprockets... do it when it is new so you can get the tire of your choice as soon as possible....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

What have we become? “I have discovered the enemy and he is within”.

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

Oh, oh--I think I see another "hooligan" post. We had a bunch of them in 08 and 09.

It's your Spyder, it's your money.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 09-25-2018 at 01:27 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    If the Kenda is as bad as all here say it is you do run the risk of a blowout taking out your rear fender, splash guard ripping out the mountis to the side panels and possible messing up your belt and sprockets... do it when it is new so you can get the tire of your choice as soon as possible....
    Now that's using you head! Great idea.
    !

Spyder Garage

I never made a video but with my 2013 RS semi-auto all I had to do was from a stop, let off the brake and go quickly to full throttle and the rear wheel would break loose. For how long depended on the road surface - smooth slippery asphalt was best and brand new asphalt was not good. Concrete was so-so. Smooth asphalt in parking lots was usually the best.

The wife's 2014 RTL? Forget it, can't do burnouts in a milk truck!
    Current:
    2016 Honda CTX700 DCT ABS (faring model)
    Kip Moto SherpaX Cargo Trailer

Wife Has:
    2014 Can-Am Spyder RT Limited
    2016 Lees-ure Lite Camping Trailer

Previous:
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RS SE5, zoom-zoom!
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SE5, Foot Burner - Gasoline Boiling Stinker - Gas Tank Vacuum Puller

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=susfrat;1393782]How do you get a Spyder RS to a burnout like this? Any ideas?

First of all, you need to be a skinny young person. I don't think the tire would break loose with a quarter-pounder on board. Secondly, you need to have no regard for the consequences of your actions. As the video shows, the burnouts are being done on a pedestrian walkway. And lastly, you need to have a very large bank account to accommodate repairs needed for your irresponsible and foolish behavior
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=canamjhb;1393979]
    Quote Originally Posted by susfrat View Post
    How do you get a Spyder RS to a burnout like this? Any ideas?

First of all, you need to be a skinny young person. I don't think the tire would break loose with a quarter-pounder on board. Secondly, you need to have no regard for the consequences of your actions. As the video shows, the burnouts are being done on a pedestrian walkway. And lastly, you need to have a very large bank account to accommodate repairs needed for your irresponsible and foolish behavior
    I see you also drive a milk truck that is not capable of performing a burnout..

No!

I weigh 260 lbs and some folks tell me I'm not skinny plus at 68 some folks also tell me that I am not young. Burnouts no problem on my RS.

As for the rest of your foolish Chicken Little statements I suppose you never did anything similar in your life? No? Must have been an exciting life so far...
    Current:
    2016 Honda CTX700 DCT ABS (faring model)
    Kip Moto SherpaX Cargo Trailer

Wife Has:
    2014 Can-Am Spyder RT Limited
    2016 Lees-ure Lite Camping Trailer

Previous:
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RS SE5, zoom-zoom!
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SE5, Foot Burner - Gasoline Boiling Stinker - Gas Tank Vacuum Puller

Spyder Garage

Sensor rigging most likely or they possibly got them deactivated via BUDDS (which I don't think is allowed by Can Am dealers) like in the original videos to show what the spyder benefit of the sensors were compared to no VSS TC ABS functions.
    In the twisties I was playing the tart...
    2009 GS SM5 , Red/Black