Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Lamonster Windshield

Anyone have a windshield from Lamonster for an F3L? I just ordered the 19 inch version and I'll have it soon.

Just picked up my 18 F3 Limited blue/dark edition last night and LOVE IT compared to my 15 RT-S. Fits me much better, but I get blasted with wind so I'm going taller on the windshield and really liked the look of the Lamonster shield.

Just wondered if anyone had experience w/them?

Thanks!

Spyder Garage

I just ordered the 15". I'll let you know.
    2016 F3-T

Places I've ridden.

Spyder Garage

I have one 19" Med tint. Really like but wish it was a little taller. With my ultimate seat, it felt too short, I traded for a Mustang and it may drop me down just enough for the shield to cover. Need more time but the shield is excellent so far.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

Default Lamonster windshield

Quote Originally Posted by amcvay1979 View Post
    Anyone have a windshield from Lamonster for an F3L? I just ordered the 19 inch version and I'll have it soon.

Just picked up my 18 F3 Limited blue/dark edition last night and LOVE IT compared to my 15 RT-S. Fits me much better, but I get blasted with wind so I'm going taller on the windshield and really liked the look of the Lamonster shield.

Just wondered if anyone had experience w/them?

Thanks!
    Please keep a posting on how the windshield looks and works for you! I also have a new 2018 F3 limited and think I want a different windshield on mine! thanks

Spyder Garage

Default Love Mine

Bought new 2017 F3L 2 months ago. Have put a lot of farkles on it already, including Lamont's 19" light tint windshield. Perfect for me . Also makes a huge difference for passenger over the short OEM windshield.
    Original: 2013 RT-Limited Pearl White (Bought New 07/2013 Traded @ 34,000 Miles)
    Current: 2017 F3-Limited Pure Magnesium Metallic (Bought New 07/2018)
    Current: 2020 RT-Limited Petrol Metallic Blue

Spyder Garage

My 19 inch is coming today, I've got my new 18 F3L sitting without windshield ready and waiting and I'll ride it tonight. I did 200 miles yesterday with the stock shield and I know for 100% certainty that it's too short. 12 inch stock height, 19 inch Lamonster has to be night and day.

Spyder Garage

Just got it and installed it about 30 min ago. Left the plastic on it and rode it without helmet or glasses around town to see if my eyes watered....all good at 50 mph. Took the plastic off and went for a longer ride. The 19 inch tall model is perfect for me. Wind hits me right at the top of my head and I'm 6'2"-6'3" ish. For $250 the fit and finish is perfect. Debated going with the Can-Am Tallboy for $400, very glad I didn't and saved a little money and helped support Lamonster. Fantastic product, fast shipping, came with a free bottle of detailing spray and a microfiber cloth. What else could you ask for?

Spyder Garage

Lamonster 19 inch on the Left, Stock on the Right
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by amcvay1979; 09-24-2018 at 03:11 PM.

Spyder Garage

The shield looks great. Btw, I have a 2017 F3 Ltd, and one of the first things I did was move the foot pads and brake to position 5. I’m 6’2” and it makes all the difference in a comfortable ride. I suggest you might consider that too!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bballistick View Post
    The shield looks great. Btw, I have a 2017 F3 Ltd, and one of the first things I did was move the foot pads and brake to position 5. I’m 6’2” and it makes all the difference in a comfortable ride. I suggest you might consider that too!
    Funny you should mention that, I installed Lamonster's brake rod for position 5 about 10 min ago. Absolutely love it. The reach to the brake pedal is exactly where it should have been from the factory and position 5 is insanely comfortable for me. Long reach bars are coming Wednesday....then I'm done tweaking (ya right)

Spyder Garage

Funny you should mention that, I installed Lamonster's brake rod for position 5 about 10 min ago. Absolutely love it. The reach to the brake pedal is exactly where it should have been from the factory and position 5 is insanely comfortable for me. Long reach bars are coming Wednesday....then I'm done tweaking (ya right)
    Hahaha, great job. Btw, based on your recommendation I ordered the 19” shield from Lamonster. Hopefully I’ll get it soon. I’m thinking about the “attitude” bars. Let us know how yours turn out! Safe riding!

Spyder Garage

Default comparison to BRP Tall Boy ?

Can somebody measure the Lamonster 19" windshield ?

I'd like to have a comparison to the BRP Tall Boy.

Something like this:

Tal Boy 12.jpg

Thanks !
    X-Grip Ram Mount Phone Holder, Lamonster Fog and driving lights, BRP Heated grip, Home made rear rack + Shad SH58X top case, BRP belt tensioner
    2016 F3T , Red

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

That 19 is just too tall. I will have to look for a shorter one.
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate looks at -- View Post
    That 19 is just too tall. I will have to look for a shorter one.
    Lamonster has 3 sizes. 15", 17" and 19"

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MagYukon View Post
    Can somebody measure the Lamonster 19" windshield ?

I'd like to have a comparison to the BRP Tall Boy.

Something like this:

Tal Boy 12.jpg

Thanks !

Here you go. It’s 19 overall but about 13 inches above the dash

Spyder Garage

Here you go. It’s 19 overall but about 13 inches above the dash
    The tall boy was not high enough for me. But only 1" higher... Maybe it can be OK considering that Lamonster is curved at the end compared to the Tall boy.

Anyone got a chance to try both of them ?
    X-Grip Ram Mount Phone Holder, Lamonster Fog and driving lights, BRP Heated grip, Home made rear rack + Shad SH58X top case, BRP belt tensioner
    2016 F3T , Red

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Nice windshield! but for me it's still too short to block the wind. I went with the F4 customs 25 inch and sat in height comparable to my 2016 RTS.

Sure would like to hear the reviews on the attitude bar though, or the long reach position 4.
    2018 F3 Limited , Intense Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MagYukon View Post
    The tall boy was not high enough for me. But only 1" higher... Maybe it can be OK considering that Lamonster is curved at the end compared to the Tall boy.

Anyone got a chance to try both of them ?
    Depends on where the wind hits you. For me, the new 19 inch hits me right on top of the head so that's perfect for me. Funny that the Tallboy is listed as 20.25" but is actually shorter than the Lamonster 19 inch off the dash.

Spyder Garage

I'm 5'8", after talking with Jacob @ Lamonster we determined that the 15" is what I need. Waiting for my Lamonster 15" light tint to arrive. I'll report on it after install and some ride time.

Joe
    Lamonster Bright Ryder,
    Lamonster Bright Tail Lighter,
    Lamonster H4 LED Headlights,
    Lamonster LED Fog Lights,
    Lamonster Fog Light Ring Combo,
    Rox Riser
    Lamonster Driver Back Rest,
    Lamonster Frame Mount Drink Holder.
    Lamonster 15" Freedom Shield Wind Shield
    ******* USA flag
    Freecom 2 head sets
    Mirror Wedgies by Squared Away
    Motorcycle Dave's Tachform phone cradle
    Spyderpops Turnsignal LEDs
    Spyder Sisters Shade
    Spyderpops LidLocs
    Spyderpops front fender LEDs by Show Chrome
    Motorcycle Dave's Gel seat insert
    2018 F3L , Blue

Spyder Garage

So I have a question on installation. Out of the box the windshield does not fit the stock frame. How difficult was it to get it to fit the stock frame!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

Anybody?????

Spyder Garage

I will let you know when I get mine. However I don't see why it would not fit out of the box???

Joe
    Lamonster Bright Ryder,
    Lamonster Bright Tail Lighter,
    Lamonster H4 LED Headlights,
    Lamonster LED Fog Lights,
    Lamonster Fog Light Ring Combo,
    Rox Riser
    Lamonster Driver Back Rest,
    Lamonster Frame Mount Drink Holder.
    Lamonster 15" Freedom Shield Wind Shield
    ******* USA flag
    Freecom 2 head sets
    Mirror Wedgies by Squared Away
    Motorcycle Dave's Tachform phone cradle
    Spyderpops Turnsignal LEDs
    Spyder Sisters Shade
    Spyderpops LidLocs
    Spyderpops front fender LEDs by Show Chrome
    Motorcycle Dave's Gel seat insert
    2018 F3L , Blue

Spyder Garage

I installed the 17 inch last night fit great out of the box. Took a test drive works great hit 85 on the interstate. Will head out for Maggie Valley at 3pm tomorrow will give a real test. I’m 6’1. Looks great.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate looks at -- View Post
    So I have a question on installation. Out of the box the windshield does not fit the stock frame. How difficult was it to get it to fit the stock frame!
    I got my 19” Lamonster windshield a couple weeks ago and it fit the stock frame on my 2017 F3 Ltd perfectly. See my photo below.
    Last edited by Bballistick; 10-11-2018 at 12:24 AM.

2017 F3 Limited
    Position 5 brake rod and foot pads
    Garmin Zumo 396 GPS
    Lamonster bottle holder
    ShowChrome spiral antenna
    Lamonster 19” Freedom Shield Windshield

Spyder Garage

Now I am going to attempt to install tonite. But when I initially took it out of the box, it was a good 1/2 inch off on one side. I hope I didn’t get a dud! I will let you know!