Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by superbee24 View Post
    Just a thought......

Am I the only one who noticed that the Rally model has only a small "splash" fender over the rear tire and the regular one has a full fender?

Seems like the off road model would just make a mess of the underside with the shorter fender.
    I think its done that way because the Rally model comes with the rear support (which holds the 2nd seat, top case) and that acts as a fender. The non Rally does not come with the rear support so without the full rear fender there would be no protection.

I might also venture a guess that the extra 1" of suspension travel on the Rally wouldn't work if both the rear support and the full rear fender were there?

Spyder Garage

You are probably correct. I know you can put the support on the regular model.
    Maybe the 1" travel is what makes the difference.
    Just had not noticed the difference myself until today.

All good. I see a Rally Model in my future.......

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SteveLaoyster View Post
    And what's with no lug nuts??? Do the wheels slide onto a splined axle and held on with a single nut and safety pin?
    For only $8500: they had to save money somehow!
    And we all know how expensive those lug nuts are!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    WOW! Nekkid Spyker!

Hubba Hubba!
    Not a Spyker or Spyder.

Ryker!

Ryker not a Spyder.JPG

BlUe SpYder RT-S SE5 #303I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it ... Proud Member of A.S.S. (Average Senile Spyderryder)

Our 2010 RT-S Mods... *Warning* If you can read this, it is already too late and there is no known cure. You have Spydervirus.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I was just missing the two names together for some fun!

Spyder Garage

Default belt cover

A CVT transmission uses a belt running between a drive and driven pulley. That Is what the belt cover is covering

Quote Originally Posted by Boilermaker View Post
    No belt = no belt cover! Driveshaft cover only.

Spyder Garage

Are the brakes “fly by wire” - no hard brake linkage like on the F3? Seems like that would be the easiest way to make the right peg/brake pedal quickly adjustable.
    - Carl

2017 Can Am F3-L (current ryde)
    2015 Can Am F3-S (previous ryde)
    2012 BMW K1600 (previous ride)
    2016 Can Am F3-T (wife's)

Spyder Garage

Default belt

Yes it is shaft driven from a gearbox that receives its rotation from a CVT (which is a belt running between two pulleys and acts as an infinite selection gear ratio unit) So.... YES there is a belt on this bike, and if you look at the pictures I posted you can see the big, black CVT cover which hides the two clutch sheaths and the BELT). That you can't see is the Forward/Reverse gearbox from which the driveshaft exits, runs thru the rear swingarm, and back to the rear differential. That how it works

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    There is no belt, it is shaft driven

Cruzr Joe

Spyder Garage

Default Brake linkage.

The brakes are not fly by wire, they are conventional hydraulic (but ABS). The difference from the F3 is the entire master cylinder moves with the foot peg assembly rather than a fixed mount and brake rod (F3). One of the videos I saw posted has the guy moving the right peg, and adjusting the brake pedal and you can see how long the brake hoses are, which allows the movement.

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderGTL View Post
    Are the brakes “fly by wire” - no hard brake linkage like on the F3? Seems like that would be the easiest way to make the right peg/brake pedal quickly adjustable.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Triumphcycleman View Post
    A CVT transmission uses a belt running between a drive and driven pulley. That Is what the belt cover is covering
    Yeah. I noted that in post #15.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by superbee24 View Post
    You are probably correct. I know you can put the support on the regular model.
    Maybe the 1" travel is what makes the difference.
    Just had not noticed the difference myself until today.

All good. I see a Rally Model in my future.......
    I have been hovering over the specs and the 600 GC = 4.1 900 GC= 4.0 Rally GC= 4.4 So Its Not a Inch the Base F3 is 4.5 for comparison. The Rally Rear tire is 205/55/15 vs 205/45/16 for 600 & 900? So .4 higher with shorter Rear tire.
    The Rally front shocks have preload adjustment so that could add or subtract some height (I Think?) .

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The overall height may be pretty darn hear the same, but the Rally has less wheel, and more sidewall.
    (It'll soak up bumps better!)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

And still nobody has indicated where the fuel tank is. Only the fuel fill area. I dont see any room for a tank, but I know it doesnt run on air.
    2021 Sea to Sky RT , Highland green

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Joel The Biker View Post
    And still nobody has indicated where the fuel tank is. Only the fuel fill area. I dont see any room for a tank, but I know it doesnt run on air.
    Joel,

The fuel tank is just below the handle bars.
    It's attached to the upper part that is raised in the air in the first picture.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Very Active Member GaryTheBadger's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboymorton View Post
    Does the lever have to be held in the reverse position is does it lock into reverse? I'm interested because I have a prosthetic left leg (full length) so couldn't operate it with my left foot, but I could reach it to move it into place with my hand I imagine.

The lever stays in whichever position you put it in, forward or reverse, no need to hold it in place.
    However, as I recall from my test-ryde, it may be too far to reach with your arm. Perhaps
    there should be an ADA-focused person on Can-Am's design team to keep these things in mind.
    Enjoying now: 2015 Spyder F3 SE6, 1970 Indian MM-5A, 1972 Suzuki RV90J Rover, 2017 Indian Chieftain (wife's)
    Wish-I-had-kept-them: 2008 Spyder GS SE-5, 1967 Shelby GT500 w/Paxton supercharger, 1972 DeTomaso Pantera, 1991, 1992 & 2001 Acura NSX's, 2012 V-Star 950 Tourer, various 2-, 3- and 4-wheelers
    2015 F3 SE6 , White - The fastest color!

Very Active Member GaryTheBadger's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyderjuice View Post
    Where does the gas tank go and where is the "gas cap" access?
    There's a sliding cover on top, which reveals the capless fuel port. No key, no tools, no cap.
    Enjoying now: 2015 Spyder F3 SE6, 1970 Indian MM-5A, 1972 Suzuki RV90J Rover, 2017 Indian Chieftain (wife's)
    Wish-I-had-kept-them: 2008 Spyder GS SE-5, 1967 Shelby GT500 w/Paxton supercharger, 1972 DeTomaso Pantera, 1991, 1992 & 2001 Acura NSX's, 2012 V-Star 950 Tourer, various 2-, 3- and 4-wheelers
    2015 F3 SE6 , White - The fastest color!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Triumphcycleman View Post
    Thought I'd post some pictures of an undressed Ryker that was on display at the dealer conference. You can see the belt cover pretty well in a couple of the photos, and how minimalist it really is. Very simple, very clever design
    Undressed it kinda looks like it was built in China!

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GaryTheBadger View Post
    The lever stays in whichever position you put it in, forward or reverse, no need to hold it in place.
    However, as I recall from my test-ryde, it may be too far to reach with your arm. Perhaps
    there should be an ADA-focused person on Can-Am's design team to keep these things in mind.
    Thanks for the reply, if it stays in place then I could probably lift my leg to move the lever with my artificial foot.

Really looking forward to a test drive of one of these next year.
    | 2015 F3-S | Heated Grips | USB Ports | RAM X-Grip | RT Sway Bar | '2 Up' Rear Shock | SHAD Bag Kit | Oxford Aqua 50 Dry Bag | BRP Rider Backrest |

Spyder Garage

With the Tupperware removed it appears to be a very clean and minimal design. Unlike the Chinese and Japanese machines where you have to remove a lot of pieces to get to the real heart of the matter.
    Thanks for the photos, I seem to remember from somewhere that the reverse lever is easy to access with your left hand. I’m sure BRP would have looked into that as many of their customers are veterans with challenges.
    2012 RT , Yes Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Here is a video with test ride and start up sequence is midway.
    https://youtu.be/6PTx_bkouBc
    2012 RT , Yes Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

If you have one at your dealership could you "Look" underneath the front end to see if the sway bar will be easy to replace without lifting it over 2 feet like the late model Spyders?

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboymorton View Post
    Thanks for the reply, if it stays in place then I could probably lift my leg to move the lever with my artificial foot.

Really looking forward to a test drive of one of these next year.
    Monkeyboy.....sorry, I’m heading out now and don’t have time to look for it, but I saw a video showing some one manipulating the reverse lever as part of a demo or test ride. Have a bit of a general video search and you might find it, otherwise I’ll have a look when I get home. It IS out there.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    Monkeyboy.....sorry, I’m heading out now and don’t have time to look for it, but I saw a video showing some one manipulating the reverse lever as part of a demo or test ride. Have a bit of a general video search and you might find it, otherwise I’ll have a look when I get home. It IS out there.

Pete
    Cheers Pete, thanks for the heads up. Had a look round but can't find that one and I've Just been through about a dozen test rides on you tube!!

So if you do track it back down I'd be grateful as I kept hoping someone would demo the reverse lever.

| 2015 F3-S | Heated Grips | USB Ports | RAM X-Grip | RT Sway Bar | '2 Up' Rear Shock | SHAD Bag Kit | Oxford Aqua 50 Dry Bag | BRP Rider Backrest |

Active Member CarolinaSpyderRyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default I sat on one.

The lever stays in whatever position you put it in... and I used my hand to move it.20181012_173221.jpg
    2014 RSS , Sunburst Yellow and Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

did the photos get removed? would really like to see them...