Spyder Garage

Default Rider Magazine Just Posted an E-news Blurb about the Ryker

Got an e-news blurb from Rider Magazine this AM. They discussed the new Ryker. Am guessing it will appear in the next issue for those that don't get the e-version.

Nothing that we did not already know--thanks BRP for keeping us informed. Did not notice anything that was negative on Rider's behalf.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

That’s good! I take this as positive vibes. I also believe it will be benefial for the Y factor and the entire Spyder lineup. Someday maybe the motorcycle insurance people will realize that they are a safer mode of recreation. The Ryker is cute but not for me. Hopefully BRP will recognize that their customers like the drive shaft. If they would build the RT with a bigger motor, and a drive shaft, I would put my order in right now for 2021!!!

SilverFox
    If you don't change anything,,,
    nothing is going to change!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Glad to hear

To me that magazine pretty much skips over the Spyder. Will do articles on trikes and conversions but seems to ignore the Spyder.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Since it's being noticed: it's going to start making waves...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Saluda View Post
    To me that magazine pretty much skips over the Spyder. Will do articles on trikes and conversions but seems to ignore the Spyder.
    I used to get four separate cycle related magazines. Did all my shopping there and from the sixties through the early 2000's, I bought a lot of different m/c based on what they said. October 2007 gave me a picture of the new 2008 which I promptly ordered sight unseen and no road test. Had to wait until June 2008 for my first ride.

Rider has stated many times that they do "new" and different for most of their articles on the "new" stuff. Spyder got blurbs in 2008 when they came out, 2010 when the RT was introduced, 2014 when the 1330 came out, and again with the introduction of the F3. Paint colors, and similar set up have never received much press. So...I am guessing that Ryker is soon to come.

Early reports (2008) and (2010) did have some errors when their "first impressions" rides were written about. Not a lot of riders submit articles--although I have been tempted a few times. By waiting to long--the Alaska stuff did pop up--but with different bikes used. The rides I speak of mostly showed pictures from a 50 mile radius of where I live. I coulda done those.

Rider is my only go to mag these days.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 09-21-2018 at 04:00 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Sent them an e mail a while back about some errors (inaccurate comments) on a early Spyder write up. Also voiced my opinion on how I feel they pretty much ignore the Spyder. Got a very hostile reply. Not my favorite mag.
    Last edited by Saluda; 09-23-2018 at 09:15 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    I used to get four separate cycle related magazines. Did all my shopping there and from the sixties through the early 2000's, I bought a lot of different m/c based on what they said. October 2007 gave me a picture of the new 2008 which I promptly ordered sight unseen and no road test. Had to wait until June 2008 for my first ride.

Rider has stated many times that they do "new" and different for most of their articles on the "new" stuff. Spyder got blurbs in 2008 when they came out, 2010 when the RT was introduced, 2014 when the 1330 came out, and again with the introduction of the F3. Paint colors, and similar set up have never received much press. So...I am guessing that Ryker is soon to come.

Early reports (2008) and (2010) did have some errors when their "first impressions" rides were written about. Not a lot of riders submit articles--although I have been tempted a few times. By waiting to long--the Alaska stuff did pop up--but with different bikes used. The rides I speak of mostly showed pictures from a 50 mile radius of where I live. I coulda done those.

Rider is my only go to mag these days.
    You should definitely submit stuff to them. You’d have a unique perspective about riding in Alaska.

Mybrother gets several motorcycle magazines. I’ll check to se if this is one of them
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)