Spyder Garage

Default GS LED - upgrade bulbs only by adding resistors?

could this mod be this simple to get accomplished? 1157 tail light; 5009 turn - get LED type and put a resistor inline each?
    2009 GS , MSD wires Red/Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Given the quirkeyness of the spyder electrical, I doubt it but hey, you never know. I upgraded all my rear lighting and even added a third brake lite from a sponser on this site. pretty sure they are still around but forget the name . Maybe Custom dynamics ?? I am sure if you search it here you will find the link. Easy to work with, simple to install, and they were more than helpful with any issues. Good luck.

Spyder Garage

I swapped in led bulbs on the rear of a '10 RS and didn't even need a resistor. Try it, may work with no other changes.
    !

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cdakers View Post
    I swapped in led bulbs on the rear of a '10 RS and didn't even need a resistor. Try it, may work with no other changes.
    LEDs for all-around arriving Friday

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up resistors

LED signal lights in the back of the '14 RTS. Finally had to add the resistors ( in parallel ) with the LEDs----- works perfect. Also installed LED back-up and high mount brake light ( Custom Dynamics ). All really helped.

Lew L
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Default update

front turns blink fast; rear brakes are GR8!; headlight bulbs didn't fit properly (back to drawing board) along with rear turns. outside of that, did manage to get mirror extenders successfully installed (yeah me! ) only to cause a VSS Fault on the Nanny when taken down from lift (rear up on car ramp). replacement relay already ordered.

so, resistors to be ordered along with haggling with superbrightleds.com for correct fitment. otherwise, fun day for wrenching on the sled