Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by trikermutha View Post
    Since I am ignorant to the newer Spyders infotainment systems.

Can android auto be used on the Spyders?

Because then you could use google maps .
    You can not use Android auto or Apple car play on the the new Sprder, if you could you can use Google maps with Apple car play with a iPhone running IOS 12, the new Harleys, Honda Goldwing, use Apple car Play, not sure about Android auto, Im not sure about the new Indians.

Ride safe!
    2015 RT L , Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by camardelle View Post
    In reference to an F3T Limited.....

I can toss my iPod in the glove box attached via usb and operate it via the joystick?

And I can pair my phone to the bike AND my Sena and operate the phone through the joystick as well?

Could someone address that? Or better yet if you're using your iPhone this way, could you elaborate on how you did it, and how well you like it?

To be honest I seldom listen to music but I like to be available by phone if needed. Still having the option for some tunes on occasion will be nice.

Finally, what phone mounts are you using? I've seen what looks like a RAM mounted unit at the center of the handlebars. I like that one...with spring loaded jaws maybe?
    I can toss my iPod in the glove box attached via usb and operate it via the joystick? No.

And I can pair my phone to the bike AND my Sena and operate the phone through the joystick as well? Yes. You can also play your music from your phone on your bike speakers or Sena.

I have an Android phone not iPhone but will be very much the same. My phone is BT paired to the dash. My Sena headset is paired to the dash. The phone and headset are NOT paired to each other. That actually works great. Can answer calls. Have not made a call?
    Music mp3s can play through speakers or headset. The Spyder stereo does a good job playing music through speakers at highway speed. Phone calls are headset only no matter the music mode. All that works very well.

I have given up for now on the BRP Connect app and uninstalled it from my phone. My phone is mounted on my handlebars on the left side. I got the mount from Lamonster Garage. Screw clamp style. Like it. But I may make modifications. Never likes any mounts that used springs. If I want to use an app like gps. Just use the phone screen.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    I can toss my iPod in the glove box attached via usb and operate it via the joystick? No.

And I can pair my phone to the bike AND my Sena and operate the phone through the joystick as well? Yes. You can also play your music from your phone on your bike speakers or Sena.

I have an Android phone not iPhone but will be very much the same. My phone is BT paired to the dash. My Sena headset is paired to the dash. The phone and headset are NOT paired to each other. That actually works great. Can answer calls. Have not made a call?
    Music mp3s can play through speakers or headset. The Spyder stereo does a good job playing music through speakers at highway speed. Phone calls are headset only no matter the music mode. All that works very well.

I have given up for now on the BRP Connect app and uninstalled it from my phone. My phone is mounted on my handlebars on the left side. I got the mount from Lamonster Garage. Screw clamp style. Like it. But I may make modifications. Never likes any mounts that used springs. If I want to use an app like gps. Just use the phone screen.
    My phone is paired to bike.
    My Sena 20S is paired to bike.
    My Sena 20S is paired to phone.
    Would the phone and Sena being paired be the reason I'm having trouble connecting a phone call. The call comes on dash but won't go to my helmet. I listen to music from my bike speakers.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You can’t have the headset paired to both the bike AND the phone. It gets paired to the phone via the bike pairing.

I use an iPhone 8 paired to the bike and use Genius Maps, Rever and FOBOBIKE with no problems. I pair my Uclear headset to the working iPhone and can use Waze, Garmin, TomTom, SiriusXM and phone music. It’s mounted to the center of my handlebars with RAM mounts.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Can someone help me understand how to put addresses into genius maps my places'???

Thanks in advance.

Joe
    Lamonster Bright Ryder,
    Lamonster Bright Tail Lighter,
    Lamonster H4 LED Headlights,
    Lamonster LED Fog Lights,
    Lamonster Fog Light Ring Combo,
    Rox Riser
    Lamonster Driver Back Rest,
    Lamonster Frame Mount Drink Holder.
    Lamonster 15" Freedom Shield Wind Shield
    ******* USA flag
    Freecom 2 head sets
    Mirror Wedgies by Squared Away
    Motorcycle Dave's Tachform phone cradle
    Spyderpops Turnsignal LEDs
    Spyder Sisters Shade
    Spyderpops LidLocs
    Spyderpops front fender LEDs by Show Chrome
    Motorcycle Dave's Gel seat insert
    2018 F3L , Blue

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by south GA Farm Boy View Post
    Guys,
    I just purchased a new 2018 F3 Limited, and was told I had to use my cell phone to have a GPS, etc on it! What is the total cost using BRP Connect since I know there is a charge for the map service, and others I guess. If I were to hook up my I-phone, it will be drawing data all the time and would run up my cell phone bill, right or wrong? Some who has it, please fill me in on all the cost of going that way! I might decide just to buy me a GPS and install it and leave my phone out of the equation! I had two RT Limited before this and they came with a GPS system! Thanks in advance for your reply!
    SAY WHAT??? I have a Garmin so I bought a $12 adjustable case and installed 12 volt next to handle bars, just plug and go.. Good Garmin cost $200, 12volt plug (cig lighter) $10, adjustable holder $12, so there $225 and your set..

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JP58 View Post
    My phone is paired to bike.
    My Sena 20S is paired to bike.
    My Sena 20S is paired to phone.
    Would the phone and Sena being paired be the reason I'm having trouble connecting a phone call. The call comes on dash but won't go to my helmet. I listen to music from my bike speakers.
    It could very well be. I do not have the 20S, have the SMH10 instead. But I had a quick look at the 20S manual and the phone pairing routines are very similar. Why not clear the phone pairings. Pair the phone to the dash only. See if that works.

Someone posted a while back that in the Sena app there is an obscure setting to allow your phone to be paired directly with your headset so the app will work, but not use the headset as a headset. That way you can still use the phone app and not interfere with the dash and headset.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Flamewinger View Post
    You can’t have the headset paired to both the bike AND the phone. It gets paired to the phone via the bike pairing.

I use an iPhone 8 paired to the bike and use Genius Maps, Rever and FOBOBIKE with no problems. I pair my Uclear headset to the working iPhone and can use Waze, Garmin, TomTom, SiriusXM and phone music. It’s mounted to the center of my handlebars with RAM mounts.
    So I should unpair headset from phone? That would be a factory reset.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JP58 View Post
    So I should unpair headset from phone? That would be a factory reset.

You can have the headset paired to both the bike and the phone. the only problem in doing this is you have to go the the bluetooth settings on the phone and select which one you would like to use. (I have an iPhone). On the iPhone under settings bluetooth just select (put a check mark) next to the one you want to use. Unfortunately you would have to do this every time so it is best not to pair the phone to the SENA.

Since the SENA boots up so quickly and the dash takes a long time the SENA automatically will go to the phone first for a connection and not the dash. If you want it to go to the dash first, remove the pairing from the phone and only leave the BRP Connect in the pairing on the SENA and it will connect to the dash once the dash is finished "loading".

Spyder Garage

Is it possible to bluetooth phone (iphone) to 2018 RT dash without having BRP connect app on phone?

Spyder Garage

Yes and works very well. At least on a android phone it does and I would think with an iphone as well. But if I plug into the dash usb cable to keep my phone charged up. I get a nag notification from time to time to install BRP Connect app.

2018 F3 LIMITED