Spyder Garage

Default Squeaky Rear End

No - it's not gas!

My 2-week-old RT has developed a bad squeak, seemingly in the rear suspension, in the last few days. (Standing on the floorboards and bouncing with the machine off makes it sound like the suspension, but I can hear it also while riding at low speeds.) Has anyone else experienced this, and if so, do you know what caused it? Just "breaking in" maybe?
    Laura Moon
    French kissing life square in the mouth....
    LDYBLU - 2018 RTLE

Spyder Garage

Default Same here ....

I have been b!t(#ing about this since the day after I took delivery. My saga started the day after I took delivery. Got on the RTL and a "spring / suspension squeak" came from the rear end. I bounced on the foot pegs .... "squeak, squeak, squeak." Went to the dealer, and apparently their service tech and manager are both deaf. It would make noise anytime that the rear suspension was compressed. I lived with it for about 3K miles ... until the first service / oil change. Magically, the service tech heard the rather loud and noticeable squeak that he was unable to her before and fixed.

Bad news - I have no idea what the adjustment was that made it go away. Worse news - it back.

I am going back to my dealer again on Tuesday to ask questions and find resolution. It is unnerving to have put so much cash into a platform like the RTL and have it sound like a jalopy.

I will update on Tuesday.

Dave
    Dave

"Pallidus Aranea"
    (Pale Spider)

• 2018 CamAm Spyder RT Limited - Pearl White / Chrome
    • 2008 H/D VROD 105th Anniversary Edition (665 of 1200) - Retired
    • 1987 Honda CRB600F - "Hurricane" - Retired

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex… It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - Albert Einstein
    2018 RT Limited , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Default Try This....

There are some rubber grommets on the mounting points of the shock. Spary some WD40 around them and bounce up and down and see if it clears up. Has worked on other shocks I have dealt with in the past but not familiar with the RT and if you have the whole air bag thing ...o
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default i`m with chupaca

this sounds like the rubber grommets , are just gripping the heck out of the shock mounts , ( get the w-d 40 can with the long spray tube or straw ) get better reach and not so much over spray ... ( try putting a little bit or air to the shock , ride around a little , lower it again ride a bit see if this will work in the w-d )

Spyder Garage

With all the plastic and flex noises can develop. Even the brakes can squeak without rolling. If you are able to obtain the squeaks at home, get someone to listen and maybe isolate the area. I suspect the dealer will be hit or miss and may simply give a squirt of stuff to temporarily quiet the noise and customer.