Spyder Garage

Default SHIFTER STARTING TO STICK

MY 2013 spyder rt se5 limited has started to not shift up once in awhile. it has 14000 miles, oil is within range, i am stumped. I thought I woiuld try this before taking it to shop. thx for any help, Wapsi.

Spyder Garage

Default change out ?

Paddle shifter
    I have a problem with my 2018 RT.It'll no longer shift into reverse.Can not down shift manually.Only way to put in neutral is to shut it off in first and restart engine.Any one ever hear of this problem?I'm guessing it's the paddle shifter on the handle bar that's the problem but will call the dealer tomorrow to book an appointment.Hate having issues on a new bike. < ------ ( this is from another thread on the paddle switch ... )
    ---------------->There was a service bulletin issued for that very same problem about 3-4 weeks ago.

The left handlebar control module containing the paddle shifter needs to be changed.

Mine was done.

Best to contact your dealer. <---------( one answer was this )

Spyder Garage

Default oil type ?

on another forum I read that oil type might be the culprit ( maybe too thick, or too thin , in viscosity of the oil , will not let the pressure plates work freely I suppose ? ) if it gets a little worse , change the oil , to the b-r-p brand type oil , inspect your oil for metal , ( incase your plates are worn ) ... if this is no help get a quote for the paddle shift to be replaced ! .... let folks know what you find out .... a lot of us are still riding the older cycles and or are about to buy them and could use the information ... good luck with it

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by youngers View Post
    Paddle shifter
    I have a problem with my 2018 RT.It'll no longer shift into reverse.Can not down shift manually.Only way to put in neutral is to shut it off in first and restart engine.Any one ever hear of this problem?I'm guessing it's the paddle shifter on the handle bar that's the problem but will call the dealer tomorrow to book an appointment.Hate having issues on a new bike. < ------ ( this is from another thread on the paddle switch ... )
    ---------------->There was a service bulletin issued for that very same problem about 3-4 weeks ago.

The left handlebar control module containing the paddle shifter needs to be changed.

Mine was done.

Best to contact your dealer. <---------( one answer was this )
    I had the same problem on my 2018.Took it to my dealer had parts in stock and took them approx 2 hours to replace paddle shifter.Works great now.I also hate having problems on a new bike but not much you can do.
    2018 RT Anniversary , Brake pedal extended

Spyder Garage

Default sticky shifter

thanks everyone for your help.

Spyder Garage

Fuuny thing happened today. My trike is 3 weeks old. So I decided to explore some of the menu choices. Well in checking what version soft ware, it turns out I have ver. 10.55. So I call the dealer, he says bring it in. They install the 13.25 ver. and the tech asks me if I have been having trouble shifting I said no trouble at all. He says I can't get reveres. He pushes it out of the shop and rides it around the lot. He can up shift but no down shift unless he lets the trike do it. So after a couple of hours checking things they call BRP and BRP tells them that they have been having problems with the paddle shifter. How's that for luck. Seeing's how the next few days are supposed to beautiful, I was hoping to do some riding and get the GPS sorted. If I hadn't taken it in for the update who knows where I could have been stranded.

Joe
    Lamonster Bright Ryder,
    Lamonster Bright Tail Lighter,
    Lamonster H4 LED Headlights,
    Lamonster LED Fog Lights,
    Lamonster Fog Light Ring Combo,
    Rox Riser
    Lamonster Driver Back Rest,
    Lamonster Frame Mount Drink Holder.
    Lamonster 15" Freedom Shield Wind Shield
    ******* USA flag
    Freecom 2 head sets
    Mirror Wedgies by Squared Away
    Motorcycle Dave's Tachform phone cradle
    Spyderpops Turnsignal LEDs
    Spyder Sisters Shade
    Spyderpops LidLocs
    Spyderpops front fender LEDs by Show Chrome
    Motorcycle Dave's Gel seat insert
    2018 F3L , Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jlc41 View Post
    Fuuny thing happened today. My trike is 3 weeks old. So I decided to explore some of the menu choices. Well in checking what version soft ware, it turns out I have ver. 10.55. So I call the dealer, he says bring it in. They install the 13.25 ver. and the tech asks me if I have been having trouble shifting I said no trouble at all. He says I can't get reveres. He pushes it out of the shop and rides it around the lot. He can up shift but no down shift unless he lets the trike do it. So after a couple of hours checking things they call BRP and BRP tells them that they have been having problems with the paddle shifter. How's that for luck. Seeing's how the next few days are supposed to beautiful, I was hoping to do some riding and get the GPS sorted. If I hadn't taken it in for the update who knows where I could have been stranded.

Joe
    Hey Joe,

What model/year you riding? I’m taking my 2018 RTL in this weekend to replace fog lamp that didn’t work from the get go. I’ve checked my VIN against any safety bulletins on BRP web search and no returns, but interested in this. Have 1400 mi and had no shifting issues, but like to be proactive.

Spyder Garage

NuttyBuckeye, I have a 2018 F3 limited. I agree I try to be proactive too.

Joe
    Lamonster Bright Ryder,
    Lamonster Bright Tail Lighter,
    Lamonster H4 LED Headlights,
    Lamonster LED Fog Lights,
    Lamonster Fog Light Ring Combo,
    Rox Riser
    Lamonster Driver Back Rest,
    Lamonster Frame Mount Drink Holder.
    Lamonster 15" Freedom Shield Wind Shield
    ******* USA flag
    Freecom 2 head sets