Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Part of the "dicker" factor is:

: final price for "packages" of add on's--a thousand or more should receive some kind of discount

: Negotiate labor charges for the install.

: Add on "setup" and "freight" charges.

It's all between you and your dealer. Some are better than others on the above.

I do have a problem up front with dealers that post a certain price, and then begin to "add" on all kinds of charges. I will not deal with such a place.

Caveat Emptor
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 09-17-2018 at 09:23 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

My Dealer and the one before him NEVER ever charged me freight or prep- Maybe CT is closer to Canada than Texas? The only dealer I paid Freight and prep from was for a Yamaha WaveBlaster from a Yamaha dealer.

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge707 View Post
    My Dealer and the one before him NEVER ever charged me freight or prep- Maybe CT is closer to Canada than Texas? The only dealer I paid Freight and prep from was for a Yamaha WaveBlaster from a Yamaha dealer.
    Likewise with mine. Dealer prices may vary though. I don't rub it in when someone says they paid MSRP plus set up and freight. They make their deal, and if they are happy...

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Culpjp View Post
    I have three within a hundred miles of me. Plus you have Imotorsports that will ship in the U.S. for free, they will even pickup your old one as a trade in.
    The sticker price is never what you pay out the door, it's the same with car dealerships. Why I negotiate for the out the door price.
    The car places around here will give you one price online and another higher one at the dealership. You only get the online price if you do the whole transaction online.
    The panels just pop off and then on with a new color. Want a passenger seat, pop it on or pull it off. Add storage this. is same way.
    Last edited by Leila; 09-25-2018 at 09:42 AM.