Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Ryker Custmization

Here's a question.........

Right now you can go to the BRP website, customize a Ryker and pre-order it. But what about next June? Can you still go to the website or a dealer and spec out a Ryker exactly the way you want? I guess if you can that would mean you have to wait for it to be built. How long is the wait time? Typically BRP shuts down the Spyder lines in the summer to build sleds.

Maybe it will work more like sleds where you order in the spring and receive in the fall. If you don't pre-order you are at the mercy of whatever the dealer ordered for stock.

Just wondering exactly how this customization thing works. Sure you could buy accessories later and install them but typically factory installed options is a cheaper/cleaner way to go.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Rodriguez View Post

Right now you can go to the BRP website, customize a Ryker and pre-order it. But what about next June? Can you still go to the website or a dealer and spec out a Ryker exactly the way you want? I guess if you can that would mean you have to wait for it to be built. How long is the wait time? Typically BRP shuts down the Spyder lines in the summer to build sleds.

Maybe it will work more like sleds where you order in the spring and receive in the fall. If you don't pre-order you are at the mercy of whatever the dealer ordered for stock.

Just wondering exactly how this customization thing works. Sure you could buy accessories later and install them but typically factory installed options is a cheaper/cleaner way to go.
    I think much of the customization is just plug and play.... meaning that colored panels are just that, colored panels. I can order red with my Ryker and then 6 months later I can order blue and swap them out..... In order to do a passenger seat you have to add the "max mount" and then the seat connects. If you want extra storage instead of the seat you buy the top case, take off the seat and connect the top case to the "max mount". Essentially you can have your ryker and a shelf of parts in your garage that you can customize your ryker with for your specific ride.

It's actually a brilliant business model. Every Ryker is essentially the same black body (with your choice of engine or suspension if you get the rally) then you customize it with the body panels you want. If you want to upgrade the seat or suspension you just order that and it is installed. So....my best guess is that BRP/Can am will be building and sending out the basic machines and the dealers will be ordering your specific parts and installing them.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I think you'll be able to customize a Ryker at any time. The dealers will have - or can order - any bits you want to add or change. When you make a deal, specify all the extras you want on it and they'll deliver it that way. At least that's been my experience with Spyders.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

My understanding from our experience with the Ryker yesterday that dealers will have any colored panels that you want. The panels just pop off and then on with a new color. Want a passenger seat, pop it on or pull it off. Add storage the same way. Next June the dealer will be able to "customize" in a few moments.
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

Hi, dealer here. The first post response is correct. There will only be 3 models shipped from the factory - The 600, 900, and Rally. Beyond that, all options and upgrades (including color) will be installed at the dealership. They are releasing some limited edition color panels....if you want one of those I would suggest buying early. Otherwise, I would imagine most parts and accessories will be readily available throughout the summer.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Land Air Vt

Quote Originally Posted by LandAirVT View Post
    Hi, dealer here. The first post response is correct. There will only be 3 models shipped from the factory - The 600, 900, and Rally. Beyond that, all options and upgrades (including color) will be installed at the dealership. They are releasing some limited edition color panels....if you want one of those I would suggest buying early. Otherwise, I would imagine most parts and accessories will be readily available throughout the summer.
    So for me the big question is ….DO YOU HAVE A RYKER at the dealership ...if so I'm on my way

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    So for me the big question is ….DO YOU HAVE A RYKER at the dealership ...if so I'm on my way

Haha, unfortunately not..... and no one does at the moment. Our Can-Am rep said he expects dealers up north to see Rykers around December or January. Southern dealers may see them earlier, but it looks like they'll mostly be rolling out in 2019.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for the info. I'd really like to test ride a 900. Guess I'll have to wait until spring.

Spyder Garage

I want one NOW and I'm going to Jump Up and Down Until I get One!!!! If I could at least Get a Test Ride I would sell my F3 Over the winter!!

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Default we may get 2

Wife wants one for her and if they are as much fun as stated we may trade in the RTS and get 2. We don't go long distances any more. We trailer behind our RV and go for local rides.
    900 Ryker Wifes

Spyder Garage

Default Dec/Jan

Sierra Cycles also tells me that BRP will begin shipping in December.
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by LandAirVT View Post
    Haha, unfortunately not..... and no one does at the moment. Our Can-Am rep said he expects dealers up north to see Rykers around December or January. Southern dealers may see them earlier, but it looks like they'll mostly be rolling out in 2019.
    2015 RT-Ltd SE6 and F3S SE6, both with a number of commercial add-ons plus my own tweaks.

Spyder Garage

Talked to my local dealer Friday and mentioned that they are getting one in around November. He also told me that in order to sell Ryker's that they had to invest $9000 dollars in an accessory display. Bruce
    New to Sue and I
    2021, LTD, Asphalt Gray, 22,000 miles
    Gone but not forgotten
    RTS 2011 SM5, 95,000 miles

Very Active Member eddieshep999's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I can foresee riders doing panel swaps between themselves or if they purchase several a growing used market for coloured panels in the for sale section, which will reduce the cost to owners
    If you think about BRP claim 75,000 ways to customize the Can-Am Ryker
    about so there should be a lot of scope in a form section for owners to Exchange/Purchase items such as handlebars, Seats etc
    Maybe we will see a Ryker triker exchange section in the future

Last edited by eddieshep999; 09-17-2018 at 03:20 AM.
    Eddie Sheppard
    Poole Dorset UK

Get a Spyder - See the World

Spyder Garage

Default Pre Order

Rob the Ryker will come to the dealer in only 3 versions, two to a crate. It will either be a 600, a 900 or a 900 rally. Every option will be installed by the dealer prior to sale. The website builder is a tool to allow you to see your individual bike, then give your dealer the list of options you want installed,

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

How did Lamont get one so soon if they are not shipping until next year?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by trikermutha View Post
    How did Lamont get one so soon if they are not shipping until next year?
    He doesn't have one. He did that using the ryker app on his phone. The app lets you build a Ryker and then display it anywhere.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

He doesn't have one. He did that using the ryker app on his phone. The app lets you build a Ryker and then display it anywhere.
    Learned something new today

Spyder Garage

If you look closely at the BRP website, when you customize a Ryker, it says in the fine print, that the price doesn't include dealer costs for installing optional accessories.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Culpjp View Post
    If you look closely at the BRP website, when you customize a Ryker, it says in the fine print, that the price doesn't include dealer costs for installing optional accessories.

I saw that. It also says the price doesn't include dealer setup fees, shipping etc. Lots of dealers use this loop hole as a way to increase the price. Personally, if I build a bike (or anything) at the BRP website then the cost shown on the site should be the cost at the dealer. PERIOD!

I've been good friends with a couple of powersports dealers over the years (Both BRP and Polaris) and its my opinion that dealers are not treated very well by the manufacturer's. I don't know specifically if dealers are compensated by BRP for uncrating a unit and setup but they should be and whatever that cost is should be factored into the published MSRP. If a Ryker accessory is listed at $199 at the BRP site then that $199 cost should include dealer installation, etc. In this day and age these "hidden fees" are not necessary and quite annoying for the consumer to deal with.

Spyder Garage

I saw that. It also says the price doesn't include dealer setup fees, shipping etc. Lots of dealers use this loop hole as a way to increase the price. Personally, if I build a bike (or anything) at the BRP website then the cost shown on the site should be the cost at the dealer. PERIOD!

I've been good friends with a couple of powersports dealers over the years (Both BRP and Polaris) and its my opinion that dealers are not treated very well by the manufacturer's. I don't know specifically if dealers are compensated by BRP for uncrating a unit and setup but they should be and whatever that cost is should be factored into the published MSRP. If a Ryker accessory is listed at $199 at the BRP site then that $199 cost should include dealer installation, etc. In this day and age these "hidden fees" are not necessary and quite annoying for the consumer to deal with.
    Then that would mean every dealer would need to charge the same amount for the install. That removes any competition among dealers for your business. Some dealers will charge more some less for an install, some might even not charge you for it at all if you buy the bike from them.
    Those prices are MSRP, that gives the dealer leeway to charge what they want.
    It pays to shop around, and find a dealer that will deal on the price.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Culpjp View Post
    Then that would mean every dealer would need to charge the same amount for the install. That removes any competition among dealers for your business. Some dealers will charge more some less for an install, some might even not charge you for it at all if you buy the bike from them.
    Those prices are MSRP, that gives the dealer leeway to charge what they want.
    It pays to shop around, and find a dealer that will deal on the price.
    But its all BS. How many people have more than 1 dealer within 100 miles of them? I'm guessing not many. That makes "shopping around" a bit more difficult unless you have the desire and ability to travel and spend the time doing it. At the same time...................All dealers should be offering the bike at the same MSRP. If they want to discount below that to "earn someone's business" that's fine but I shouldn't be shown a price at the BRP website for a product and be shown a different price (higher price) when I walk into a BRP dealership for the same product. Margins on anything powersports related is low anyway. The dealer profit in units is small and I'd guess that if you have multiple dealers that are all listing the same price on a unit they have only a small amount they can move on price (to earn your business) and still turn a profit. Of course "floor plan" financing and dealer volume plays a role in this but at the end of the day if BRP lists a price for a product on their website as X then the dealer should have the same X price for that product at their dealership.

It's one of the reasons I asked the original question about how the customization order process works and in that original post I said its typically "cheaper and cleaner" to order your unit with the accessories right from the factory. Then there is no "middle man" involvement.

BRP has spent a lot of time talking about the Ryker and how the new generation wants different things than the old generation. Well, the business model is another area the new generation would like to be different. I would venture a guess the younger generation doesn't even want to step foot in a dealership. They want to go online, configure the bike, buy it and have it delivered right to their door. No middle man.
    Last edited by Rob Rodriguez; 09-17-2018 at 10:58 AM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Within 70 miles: I've got 5
    Arctic Adventures
    Cycle Motion
    Dutchess Recreational
    Klinger PowerSports
    Rusty Palmers

But it probably is pretty rare...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member eddieshep999's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Within 70 miles: I've got 5
    Arctic Adventures
    Cycle Motion
    Dutchess Recreational
    Klinger PowerSports
    Rusty Palmers

But it probably is pretty rare...
    We only have 5 in the whole of the UK
    Eddie Sheppard
    Poole Dorset UK

Get a Spyder - See the World

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You can have some of "mine"...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I have three within a hundred miles of me. Plus you have Imotorsports that will ship in the U.S. for free, they will even pickup your old one as a trade in.
    The sticker price is never what you pay out the door, it's the same with car dealerships. Why I negotiate for the out the door price.
    The car places around here will give you one price online and another higher one at the dealership. You only get the online price if you do the whole transaction online.